|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 51 | Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is not in love with Emily.
(b) That Emily is pregnant.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That Emily has run away with another man.
2. What does Miss Betsey explain to David in Chapter 47?
(a) She explains that the man is her son that she renounced for marrying an unworthy woman.
(b) She does not explain anything.
(c) She explains that the man is her husband that everyone believes is dead who betrayed her and appears occasionally to demand money.
(d) She explains that the man knows a deep secret and is blackmailing her.
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
(a) Mr. Creakle does not run the school.
(b) With his wife's help.
(c) Kindly with all of his students loving him.
(d) By inspiring fear in his students.
4. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Find a suitable career.
5. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(a) Not feeding them.
(b) Calling their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
2. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
3. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
5. When is Peggotty fired?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)