|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 51 | Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
(a) Because she is pregnant.
(b) Because she is bad at dressmaking.
(c) Because she asks nicely.
(d) Because she is getting married.
2. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Dr. Strong.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A proctor.
(d) A doctor.
4. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
(a) The two women hate each other.
(b) David realizes that he loves Agnes, not Dora.
(c) The two women strike up a strong friendship.
(d) David decides that he cannot be friends with Agnes anymore.
5. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is not in love with Emily.
(b) That he is interested in men.
(c) That Emily is pregnant.
(d) That Emily has run away with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
2. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
3. What happens with Emily in Chapter 51?
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
5. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)