|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 51 | Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Give up on Dora.
(b) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
(c) Move to Australia.
(d) Work harder.
2. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To become very educated and find a better job.
(b) To flee to America.
(c) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(d) To commit suicide.
3. Who does Agnes say is a bad influence on David?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
4. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
(a) An inn.
(b) On the street.
(c) With Peggotty's family.
(d) The Rookery.
5. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) She thinks she is pregnant.
(b) A glass broke.
(c) The appearance of a strange man.
(d) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
2. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
3. Who do Mr. Peggotty and David search for in hopes of learning more information about Emily in Chapter 47?
4. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
5. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)