|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 51 | Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is interested in men.
(b) That Emily has run away with another man.
(c) That he is not in love with Emily.
(d) That Emily is pregnant.
2. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
(a) Her thinking is improved.
(b) She divorces him.
(c) She gets mad at him.
(d) Her thinking is worsened.
3. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A proctor.
(d) A teacher.
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) Debtor's Prison.
(b) A post office.
(c) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
(d) A counting house in London.
5. What boarding school does David attend in London?
(a) Canterbury Inn.
(b) Salem House.
(d) Mr. Creakle's Boarding School for Boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to follow David and Agnes around when they try to talk about Dora?
2. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
3. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
4. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
5. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)