|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 | Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Dick.
2. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
(a) By giving him money.
(b) By sending him to prison.
(c) By offering to let him marry Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(d) By inviting him to spend the weekend at his house and introducing David to his daughter, Dora.
3. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Emily is pregnant.
(b) Emily is moving to Australia.
(c) Peggotty is getting married.
(d) Emily and Ham are engaged.
4. Where does David go in Chapter 30?
5. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(b) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(c) Steerforth, David's friend.
(d) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David have tea with?
2. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
3. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
4. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
5. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)