|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 | Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
2. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
(a) By offering to let him marry Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(b) By sending him to prison.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By inviting him to spend the weekend at his house and introducing David to his daughter, Dora.
3. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(b) Mr. Mell.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
4. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
5. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He is embarrassed and seeks forgiveness.
(c) He never gets drunk.
(d) He laughs about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
3. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
4. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
5. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)