|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 | Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
(a) Mr. Barkis' failing health.
(b) Peggotty giving birth to a new baby.
(c) Emily's pregnancy.
(d) Miss Betsey's death.
2. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(b) To become very educated and find a better job.
(c) To flee to America.
(d) To commit suicide.
3. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Find a suitable career.
4. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Uriah Heep.
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Barkis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emily being let out of her apprenticeship?
2. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
4. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
5. Why does Steerforth want to accompany David to Yarmouth?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)