|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 | Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Spenlow.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Spencer.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
(a) He laughs about it.
(b) He is embarrassed and seeks forgiveness.
(c) He never gets drunk.
(d) He does not care.
3. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy new ones.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(d) So no one will recognize him.
4. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(c) Not feeding them.
(d) Calling their parents.
5. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Find a suitable career.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the doctor arrives, what does he bring news about?
2. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
3. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
4. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
5. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)