|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 | Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
2. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He does provide information.
(b) He does not want to tell her.
(c) He has none to offer.
(d) He is stubborn.
3. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His mother has a baby.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) His aunt dies.
(d) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
4. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
(b) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) His mother has given birth to another son.
5. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
(a) Dr. Strong.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
2. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
3. What does David try to do after finishing school?
4. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
5. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)