|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 | Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) David going to school.
(b) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
(c) Miss Betsey moving in.
(d) Working late.
2. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To be Steerforth's friend.
(b) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(c) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
(d) To gossip with Steerforth.
3. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A ghost.
(b) The appearance of a strange man.
(c) A glass broke.
(d) She thinks she is pregnant.
4. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She thinks he is spoiled.
(c) She thinks he is smart but misbehaves.
(d) She believes that everything he does is wonderful.
5. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
(b) It is not.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She gets diabetes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
2. Who does David have tea with?
3. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
4. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
5. What does David try to do after finishing school?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)