|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 | Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He does not want to tell her.
(b) He is stubborn.
(c) He does provide information.
(d) He has none to offer.
2. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With Steerforth.
(b) With the Wickfields.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) In a hotel.
3. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To flee to America.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To become very educated and find a better job.
(d) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
4. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
(b) His mother has given birth to another son.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
5. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
2. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
3. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
4. What does Peggotty object to?
5. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)