|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
(a) With his wife's help.
(b) Mr. Creakle does not run the school.
(c) Kindly with all of his students loving him.
(d) By inspiring fear in his students.
2. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She cries herself to sleep.
(b) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
(c) She tells him that she loves him.
(d) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
3. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(b) To gossip with Steerforth.
(c) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
(d) To be Steerforth's friend.
4. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) With Steerforth.
(c) With the Wickfields.
(d) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
2. What does David try to do after finishing school?
3. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
5. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)