|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
(b) To be Steerforth's friend.
(c) To gossip with Steerforth.
(d) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
2. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been apprenticed to the tailor shop as a dressmaker.
3. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(c) Calling their parents.
(d) Not feeding them.
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(b) Steerforth, David's friend.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
5. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy new ones.
(c) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(d) So no one will recognize him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
2. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
4. Who does David have tea with?
5. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)