|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(b) Steerforth, David's friend.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
2. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Mell.
3. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She slaps the man.
(b) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
(c) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(d) She cries to David about it.
4. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Emily and Ham are engaged.
(b) Peggotty is getting married.
(c) Emily is pregnant.
(d) Emily is moving to Australia.
5. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To visit his aunt.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To visit Peggotty's family.
(d) To find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
2. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
3. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
4. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
5. Who is going to become Agnes' father's business partner?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)