|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(c) To become very educated and find a better job.
(d) To flee to America.
2. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That he needs to come get David.
(b) That she hates him.
(c) That David is staying with her.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
5. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(b) The fact that he is not a girl.
(c) The fact that he is ugly.
(d) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
2. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
4. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)