|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Dick.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
2. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That David is staying with her.
(d) That he needs to come get David.
3. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) With Steerforth.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) In a hotel.
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His aunt dies.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(d) His mother has a baby.
5. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She gets diabetes.
(b) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
(c) It is not.
(d) She has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
2. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
3. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
4. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
5. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)