|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
(b) The fact that he is ugly.
(c) The fact that he is not a girl.
(d) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
2. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To visit Peggotty's family.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To visit his aunt.
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His aunt dies.
(b) His mother has a baby.
(c) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(d) He gets sick.
5. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) One day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
2. Why does David find the London school closed?
3. What boarding school does David attend in London?
4. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
5. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)