|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boarding school does David attend in London?
(b) Salem House.
(c) Mr. Creakle's Boarding School for Boys.
(d) Canterbury Inn.
2. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(b) They do not help each other.
(c) By sneaking out at night.
(d) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
3. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) Four months.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(a) Mr. Mell.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
5. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) David going to school.
(b) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
(c) Working late.
(d) Miss Betsey moving in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
2. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
4. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
5. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)