|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Steerforth, David's friend.
(b) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
2. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) It is summer.
(c) It has been condemned.
(d) Holiday period.
3. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Copperfield.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
4. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To visit Peggotty's family.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To find a wife.
5. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
2. When is Peggotty fired?
3. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
5. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)