|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Steerforth, David's friend.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
2. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
(b) By sneaking out at night.
(c) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(d) They do not help each other.
3. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(c) So no one will recognize him.
(d) To buy new ones.
4. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) Four months.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Barkis.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
2. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
5. Why does David find the London school closed?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)