|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) The fact that he is ugly.
(b) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(c) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
(d) The fact that he is not a girl.
2. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(b) They do not help each other.
(c) By sneaking out at night.
(d) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
3. What does David learn on his birthday?
(a) That his mother has died.
(b) That his father is still alive.
(c) That he is being expelled from Salem House.
(d) That his baby brother has died.
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) His aunt dies.
(c) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(d) His mother has a baby.
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Kick him out on the street.
(b) Send him home with the Murdstones.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Accept him as her ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after his father's death is David born?
2. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
3. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
4. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
5. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)