|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
(b) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(c) The fact that he is not a girl.
(d) The fact that he is ugly.
2. What does David learn on his birthday?
(a) That his mother has died.
(b) That he is being expelled from Salem House.
(c) That his father is still alive.
(d) That his baby brother has died.
3. When is Peggotty fired?
(a) After David's mother has another son.
(b) After David's mother's funeral.
(d) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
4. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Barkis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to stay with David's family?
2. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
4. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
5. Who begins to court David's mother?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)