|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy new ones.
(b) So no one will recognize him.
(c) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(d) To buy food.
2. What does David learn on his birthday?
(a) That his father is still alive.
(b) That his mother has died.
(c) That his baby brother has died.
(d) That he is being expelled from Salem House.
3. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Mell.
4. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) With Steerforth.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
5. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) His mother is dead.
(b) His mother has given birth to another son.
(c) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
(d) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
3. How long after his father's death is David born?
4. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
5. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)