|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
(b) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(c) The fact that he is not a girl.
(d) The fact that he is ugly.
2. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She gets diabetes.
(d) It is not.
3. What boarding school does David attend in London?
(a) Salem House.
(c) Mr. Creakle's Boarding School for Boys.
(d) Canterbury Inn.
4. When is Peggotty fired?
(b) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(c) After David's mother has another son.
(d) After David's mother's funeral.
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Kick him out on the street.
(c) Accept him as her ward.
(d) Send him home with the Murdstones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
2. Why does David find the London school closed?
3. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
5. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)