|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
2. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Dick.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) It has been condemned.
(c) Holiday period.
(d) It is summer.
4. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
5. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(a) Tommy Traddles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
2. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
3. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
4. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
5. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)