|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She slaps the man.
(b) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(c) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
(d) She cries to David about it.
2. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(d) Mr. Murdstone's.
3. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Send him home with the Murdstones.
(c) Accept him as her ward.
(d) Kick him out on the street.
4. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
(a) An inn.
(b) With Peggotty's family.
(c) The Rookery.
(d) On the street.
5. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That he needs to come get David.
(b) That she hates him.
(c) That David is staying with her.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
2. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
3. What does Miss Betsey explain to David in Chapter 47?
4. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
5. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)