|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
(b) Mrs. Strong.
(c) Uriah Heep.
(d) Jack Maldon.
2. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Dora is completely better.
(b) Little hope of recovery.
(c) Much better.
(d) Dora is dead.
3. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(b) That Dora loves another man.
(c) That Dora is ugly.
(d) That he loves another woman.
4. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She cries to David about it.
(b) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(c) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
(d) She slaps the man.
5. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(b) Forget about Emily.
(c) Get married.
(d) Move to Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
2. What is David unable to share with Dora?
3. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
5. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)