|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Give up on Dora.
(b) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Move to Australia.
2. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
(a) That Dora is going to visit her in London and he is welcome to visit as well.
(b) That Dora is going to become a nun.
(c) That David has no chance with Dora so he should just leave her alone.
(d) That Dora is getting married to Steerforth.
3. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She blames David.
(b) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
(c) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
(d) She hopes they find Emily.
4. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Uriah Heep.
(d) The same man that was bothering her in London.
5. Who does Dr. Strong blame for his wife's affair?
(a) Jack Maldon.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(d) Mrs. Strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
2. What happens when David tries to improve Dora's thinking in Chapter 48?
3. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
4. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
5. Where do David, Miss Betsey, Mr. Dick, and Traddles go in Chapter 52?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)