|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Dora is dead.
(b) Much better.
(c) Dora is completely better.
(d) Little hope of recovery.
2. Who does David see when he returns late to his aunt's house in Chapter 47?
(b) The same man that was bothering her in London.
(c) Uriah Heep.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
3. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Miss Betsey.
4. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(b) That Emily was pregnant.
(c) That David was courting Emily.
(d) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
5. What does Miss Betsey explain to David in Chapter 47?
(a) She does not explain anything.
(b) She explains that the man knows a deep secret and is blackmailing her.
(c) She explains that the man is her son that she renounced for marrying an unworthy woman.
(d) She explains that the man is her husband that everyone believes is dead who betrayed her and appears occasionally to demand money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
2. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
3. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
4. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
5. Who does Mr. Micawber present evidence against in Chapter 52?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)