|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
2. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) She thinks she is pregnant.
(b) The appearance of a strange man.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A glass broke.
3. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
(a) That her husband has shown up.
(b) That she has lost her fortune through bad investments.
(c) That she is having a baby.
(d) That she never wants to see him again.
4. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(a) Mrs. Strong.
(b) Jack Maldon.
(c) Dr. Strong.
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Barkis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David do in school?
2. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
4. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
5. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)