|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey.
2. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She slaps the man.
(b) She cries to David about it.
(c) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(d) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
3. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
(a) He takes orders and becomes a member of the clergy.
(b) He gives up on having a career.
(c) He publishes his first novel, and it is very successful.
(d) He returns to school to become a lawyer.
4. When is Peggotty fired?
(a) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(b) After David's mother's funeral.
(c) After David's mother has another son.
5. After the paperwork is settled in Chapter 52, what does everyone decide to do?
(a) Sue Uriah Heep.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Pay the passage for the Micawbers to move to Australia and start a new life.
(d) Move to Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
2. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
3. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
4. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
5. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)