|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
(a) He returns to school to become a lawyer.
(b) He gives up on having a career.
(c) He publishes his first novel, and it is very successful.
(d) He takes orders and becomes a member of the clergy.
2. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(b) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(c) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
(d) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
3. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
(a) That she is having a baby.
(b) That she has lost her fortune through bad investments.
(c) That her husband has shown up.
(d) That she never wants to see him again.
4. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Barkis.
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
2. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
3. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
4. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
5. Who does David have tea with?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)