|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
2. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) With Steerforth.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) In a hotel.
3. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Steerforth, David's friend.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
4. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To become very educated and find a better job.
(b) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) To flee to America.
5. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
2. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
3. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
4. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)