|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
(a) The Rookery.
(b) An inn.
(c) With Peggotty's family.
(d) On the street.
2. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Barkis.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
3. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Send him home with the Murdstones.
(b) Kick him out on the street.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Accept him as her ward.
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
5. How does David do in school?
(a) David drops out of school.
(b) David does well in school.
(c) David does poorly in school.
(d) David is expelled from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
2. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
4. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
5. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)