|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
2. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To buy new ones.
(d) So no one will recognize him.
3. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She has been apprenticed to the tailor shop as a dressmaker.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Peggotty is getting married.
(b) Emily is moving to Australia.
(c) Emily is pregnant.
(d) Emily and Ham are engaged.
5. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) Holiday period.
(b) It caught on fire.
(c) It has been condemned.
(d) It is summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
2. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
4. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
5. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)