|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) She thinks she is pregnant.
(b) The appearance of a strange man.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A glass broke.
2. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Peggotty is getting married.
(b) Emily is moving to Australia.
(c) Emily is pregnant.
(d) Emily and Ham are engaged.
3. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Miss Betsey.
4. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(b) Mr. Dick.
(d) Miss Betsey.
5. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
2. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
3. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
4. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)