|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(b) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(c) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
2. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To become very educated and find a better job.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(d) To flee to America.
3. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
4. How does David do in school?
(a) David does well in school.
(b) David drops out of school.
(c) David does poorly in school.
(d) David is expelled from school.
5. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To gossip with Steerforth.
(b) To be Steerforth's friend.
(c) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
2. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
4. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
5. Why does David find the London school closed?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)