|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(d) Tommy Traddles.
2. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Emily and Ham are engaged.
(b) Emily is pregnant.
(c) Peggotty is getting married.
(d) Emily is moving to Australia.
3. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A ghost.
(b) She thinks she is pregnant.
(c) A glass broke.
(d) The appearance of a strange man.
4. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(b) To be Steerforth's friend.
(c) To gossip with Steerforth.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
5. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy new ones.
(b) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(c) So no one will recognize him.
(d) To buy food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
2. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
3. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
4. When is Peggotty fired?
5. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)