|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has been apprenticed to the tailor shop as a dressmaker.
(c) She is engaged.
(d) She has died.
2. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Barkis.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
4. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To be Steerforth's friend.
(b) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
(c) To gossip with Steerforth.
(d) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Send him home with the Murdstones.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Kick him out on the street.
(d) Accept him as her ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
2. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
3. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
4. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
5. How does David do in school?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)