|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
2. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Barkis.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) Holiday period.
(b) It has been condemned.
(c) It is summer.
(d) It caught on fire.
4. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Peggotty is getting married.
(b) Emily and Ham are engaged.
(c) Emily is pregnant.
(d) Emily is moving to Australia.
5. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
(a) Visit his old home, The Rookery.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Visit Peggotty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
3. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
4. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
5. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)