|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
(b) To be Steerforth's friend.
(c) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(d) To gossip with Steerforth.
2. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Kick him out on the street.
(c) Send him home with the Murdstones.
(d) Accept him as her ward.
3. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That David is staying with her.
(c) That she hates him.
(d) That he needs to come get David.
4. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To flee to America.
(b) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(c) To become very educated and find a better job.
(d) To commit suicide.
5. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
2. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
4. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
5. Why does David find the London school closed?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)