|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
(a) To give Steerforth a hair treatment.
(b) To gossip with Steerforth.
(c) To be Steerforth's friend.
(d) To tell Steerforth gossip about David.
2. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That David is staying with her.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That he needs to come get David.
3. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
4. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has been apprenticed to the tailor shop as a dressmaker.
(c) She has died.
(d) She is engaged.
5. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) A post office.
(b) Debtor's Prison.
(c) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
(d) A counting house in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
2. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
3. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
4. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
5. Who does David have tea with?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)