|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Emily and Ham are engaged.
(b) Peggotty is getting married.
(c) Emily is moving to Australia.
(d) Emily is pregnant.
2. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
(a) With his wife's help.
(b) Kindly with all of his students loving him.
(c) Mr. Creakle does not run the school.
(d) By inspiring fear in his students.
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
4. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(d) Tommy Traddles.
5. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
3. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
4. When is Peggotty fired?
5. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)