|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Léonie?
(a) That Thérèse does not want to stay with her.
(b) That Baptiste is not here to take up for Léonie.
(c) That Thérèse wants the house and for Léonie to move.
(d) Léonie is wary of Thérèse's motives and feels that Thérèse is here to stir up painful secrets from the past.
2. What is in the package the mail carrier throws over the gate?
(a) A package of various seeds for the spring garden.
(b) A package of shell casings.
(c) A box of letters from Antoinette to her sister in the convent.
(d) A package with two new books for Léonie and Thérèse.
3. What does Victorine assume?
(a) That Louis and Madeleine will eventually marry.
(b) That Baptiste and Léonie will eventually marry.
(c) That Thérèse has gone to spend time with Louis on his first day home from hospital.
(d) That she and Louis may eventually marry.
4. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
(a) Sleeping in the sun.
(b) Handling pieces of the Quimper bowl.
(c) Leading the bull to the cow pasture.
(d) Talking with Madeleine about Antoinette.
5. What is child sized?
(a) The statue.
(b) The new pew markers.
(c) The baptistry.
(d) The icon of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
2. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
3. Who suffers a minor stroke?
4. With what is the back room filled?
5. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)