|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
(a) Downstairs to look at photographs.
(b) To the chapel.
(c) To the attic.
(d) To the shrine.
2. Who is juggling oranges?
3. Of what is Léonie sick?
(a) Madeleine making eyes at Louis.
(c) Thérèse's high-handed ways.
(d) Adults' secrets.
4. Why is Louis in a rage?
(a) Because he misses Antoinette.
(b) Because he hates broth.
(c) Because he cannot eat on his own.
(d) Because he dislikes the Priest.
5. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
(a) That she has a German lover.
(b) That she was probably raped by Germans and Thérèse is a result of that.
(c) That Louis is her first cousin.
(d) That she at one time was going to move to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
2. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
3. What problem does Léonie try to resolve?
4. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
5. What do the two girls criticize?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)