|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(b) Move to England with her cousin.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Go to confession more often.
2. What does Victorine assume?
(a) That Thérèse has gone to spend time with Louis on his first day home from hospital.
(b) That she and Louis may eventually marry.
(c) That Baptiste and Léonie will eventually marry.
(d) That Louis and Madeleine will eventually marry.
3. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In her room.
(c) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(d) In the church on a pew.
4. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
5. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(b) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
(c) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
(d) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Louis in a rage?
2. What doesn't Léonie like?
3. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
4. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
5. What does Léonie want?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)