|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A large piece of cake.
(d) A glass of sherry.
2. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Move to England with her cousin.
(b) Become a nun.
(c) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(d) Go to confession more often.
3. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(b) No one.
(d) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
4. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
(b) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
(c) The fact that the Priest smokes.
(d) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
5. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
(a) The grandfather clock downstairs.
(b) The water pump.
(c) Her bath water.
(d) Her mother's old alarm clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
2. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
3. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
4. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
5. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)