|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse feel the bishop and the others want?
(a) Her mother's letters.
(b) Inheritance to the farm.
(c) Something that she has--her proximity to the divine through her vision of the Virgin Mary.
(d) The buried statue.
2. What word do both women call out simultaneously as Léonie leaves the room?
3. What is missing from the photographs?
(a) A photo of Rose and Henri.
(b) A photo of Thérèse at her clothing ceremony.
(c) A photo of Antoinette.
(d) A photo of Victorine.
4. What are the workmen doing when they find a shallow grave with a heap of bones?
(a) Erecting a statue in front of the church.
(b) Dismantling the shrine in the clearing.
(c) Burying a Nazi uniform covering a machine gun.
(d) Burying a chest of fake gold coins.
5. What bothers Léonie?
(a) That Thérèse wants the house and for Léonie to move.
(b) That Thérèse does not want to stay with her.
(c) Léonie is wary of Thérèse's motives and feels that Thérèse is here to stir up painful secrets from the past.
(d) That Baptiste is not here to take up for Léonie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
2. Who wants to speak to Thérèse and her father?
3. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
4. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
5. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)