|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
(a) To the shrine.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the chapel.
(d) Downstairs to look at photographs.
2. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
(a) That she is really Henri's child.
(b) That she was almost put up for adoption.
(c) That she is the Priest's daughter.
(d) That she has tantrums as a child.
3. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
(a) To marry Baptiste.
(b) To travel abroad.
(c) To enter a convent when she is sixteen.
(d) To go to England with her cousin.
4. What does Victorine assume?
(a) That Louis and Madeleine will eventually marry.
(b) That Thérèse has gone to spend time with Louis on his first day home from hospital.
(c) That she and Louis may eventually marry.
(d) That Baptiste and Léonie will eventually marry.
5. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(b) Go and pray at the shrine.
(c) Rub her back that night.
(d) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie ask her mother?
2. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
3. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
4. To what does Thérèse set fire?
5. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)