|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) It was added on after WWII.
(b) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
(c) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
(d) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
2. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
(b) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
(c) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
(d) The fact that the Priest smokes.
3. About what has Léonie discouraged her daughters?
(a) Becoming a nun.
(b) Going to the woods alone.
(c) Spending time in the back room.
(d) Getting married too young.
4. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
(a) That she has a German lover.
(b) That she at one time was going to move to the United States.
(c) That Louis is her first cousin.
(d) That she was probably raped by Germans and Thérèse is a result of that.
5. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
2. What doesn't Léonie like?
3. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
4. What does Thérèse do with the package?
5. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)