|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept the letters Antoinette sent to her during Thérèse's infancy?
(b) Soeur Dosithée.
2. What does Léonie enjoy?
(a) Playing on the apple tree swing.
(b) Torturing kittens.
(c) Going to neighbor's houses for dinner.
(d) The art of defecating.
3. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
(a) Cries for the entire evening.
(b) Responds to nothing and is absolutely quiet.
(c) Goes into a catatonic phase.
(d) Cuddles up to her mother immediately.
4. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
(b) An old wine bottle.
(c) Red velvet shoe.
(d) Two baby mice.
5. When Léonie awakens, what does she realize?
(a) The window has opened on its own.
(b) She is not alone in the bed.
(c) She has wet her bed.
(d) She is too scared to scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
2. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
3. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
4. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
5. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Léonie tell Baptiste and what is his response?
2. What task do you believe is now set before Léonie?
3. In the chapter, "The Dustpan," what is Thérèse's "public" version of why she broke the Quimper dish and what is evident later as to why she breaks it?
4. What in "The Ivory Ring" chapter foreshadows Thérèse's despondency about her mother's death and her father transferring his affection to Madeleine?
5. What scene in the chapter, "The Camp Bed," suggests that the personal dynamics of the household is about to change?
6. What is the memory that Léonie intuits?
7. In the chapter "The Photographs," what in the photographs displayed again reveals the different focus of the two women when they are girls?
8. In "The Cake Tin," what can be implied about Victorine's attitudes towards Jews?
9. Describe how the church is decorated for the upcoming festival and what is perhaps a bit odd about that.
10. What is foreshadowed in the chapter "The Baby Book"?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)