|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Thérèse to eat?
2. From where does the chandelier come?
(a) A glassblower in Germany.
(b) The scion of a noble English family.
(c) Therese's papa brought the chandelier from Italy for her mother.
(d) An Irish glass company.
3. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
(a) The officers.
(b) Only the section administrator.
(c) The ranking enlisted and officers.
4. Who tells Thérèse to get up off the floor?
5. Who does Léonie believe stole her soul?
(a) The devil.
(b) No one; she still believes she has a soul.
(c) The priest who molests her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
2. With what is Léonie fascinated?
3. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
4. Why does Thérèse refuse to eat?
5. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thérèse's dream of Antoinette.
2. The chapter titled, "The Water Bottle" is dense with imagery. Identify two of the images and what they might represent.
3. What is the memory that Léonie intuits?
4. How is the occupation of the Germans described in "The Carpets"?
5. In the previous chapter, the reader notices that Léonie embraces physicality as seen by her fascination with defecation; in the chapter, "The Frying Pan," what does it seem that Thérèse embraces?
6. How is the relationship between Baptiste and Léonie developed in this chapter?
7. Describe the vision experience that Thérèse has in this chapter.
8. What is foreshadowed in the chapter "The Baby Book"?
9. What does Thérèse notice in the graveyard in the chapter "The Doorbell"?
10. What so you think is the symbolism attached to Thérèse jumping free of her burning clothes?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)