|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Léonie in the woods?
(a) The Priest.
(c) No one.
2. Who is juggling oranges?
3. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(b) Become a nun.
(c) Go to confession more often.
(d) Move to England with her cousin.
4. Who wants to speak to Thérèse and her father?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The baker.
(d) The priest.
5. What does Madeleine discourage Léonie from doing?
(a) Disobeying her uncle.
(b) Being mean to her cousin.
(c) Associating with those of a lower social standing.
(d) Being friendly with Baptiste.
6. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the church on a pew.
7. Who does Baptiste kiss?
(a) The bakery girl.
(d) An Italian girl who is visiting.
8. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) A glass of sherry.
(d) A large piece of cake.
9. Who keeps the central portion of the Quimper bowl?
10. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
11. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
(c) Her father.
12. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
(a) Telling Thérèse off.
(b) Confronting her mother about who her father is.
(c) Giving Thérèse a room to live in.
(d) The vandalism at the gravesite.
13. About what does Thérèse become upset?
(a) Madeleine is sitting on the side of Louis's bed.
(b) Léonie is serving Louis broth.
(c) Madeleine is serving Louis broth.
(d) Léonie pulls the cookie jar toward her and begins reading a letter.
14. What doesn't Léonie like?
(a) Having to be nice to Thérèse.
(b) Being forced to share her secrets with her mother.
(c) Objects without names.
(d) Staying on the farm in the summers.
15. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(b) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(c) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(d) About what happens to the kittens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
2. What is Léonie feeling right now?
3. Who is trying to avoid Louis' return?
4. Why is Louis in a rage?
5. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)