|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(b) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(c) About what happens to the kittens.
(d) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
2. What is child sized?
(a) The baptistry.
(b) The new pew markers.
(c) The statue.
(d) The icon of Jesus.
3. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The fish sauce.
(b) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(c) The Priest.
(d) The weather.
4. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(b) Goes to confession.
(c) Drinks two cups of coffee.
(d) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
5. About what does Thérèse become upset?
(a) Léonie is serving Louis broth.
(b) Madeleine is serving Louis broth.
(c) Léonie pulls the cookie jar toward her and begins reading a letter.
(d) Madeleine is sitting on the side of Louis's bed.
6. Of what do both women accuse the other?
(a) Of harboring secrets that should have been revealed.
(b) Of hating each other's mothers.
(c) Of being self-interested and for not caring about the Jewish family whose fate was sealed at the Martin estate.
(d) Of being in love with the other woman.
7. What does Léonie want?
(b) A cigarette and breakfast.
(c) Baptiste to leave her for a few days.
(d) Thérèse to come back.
8. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
9. What does Thérèse tell Léonie?
(a) That Léonie should go into a convent.
(b) How the Our Lady spoke to her.
(c) That Léonie could never be a Catholic.
(d) That Léonie is sacreligious.
10. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
(b) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
(c) The fact that the Priest smokes.
(d) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
11. About what has Léonie discouraged her daughters?
(a) Getting married too young.
(b) Becoming a nun.
(c) Going to the woods alone.
(d) Spending time in the back room.
12. Who betrays Henri and Rose to the Nazis?
(a) The bakery girl.
(b) It is never learned who is the informant.
(c) The Priest.
(d) A disgruntled farm hand.
13. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
(a) Handling pieces of the Quimper bowl.
(b) Sleeping in the sun.
(c) Talking with Madeleine about Antoinette.
(d) Leading the bull to the cow pasture.
14. Who is trying to avoid Louis' return?
15. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
(a) That she is really Henri's child.
(b) That she has tantrums as a child.
(c) That she is the Priest's daughter.
(d) That she was almost put up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene does Léonie intuit?
2. Who does Baptiste kiss?
3. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
4. What is in the package the mail carrier throws over the gate?
5. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)