|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
(a) Her bath water.
(b) Her mother's old alarm clock.
(c) The water pump.
(d) The grandfather clock downstairs.
2. What does Thérèse tell Léonie?
(a) How the Our Lady spoke to her.
(b) That Léonie is sacreligious.
(c) That Léonie should go into a convent.
(d) That Léonie could never be a Catholic.
3. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
(b) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
(c) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
(d) It was added on after WWII.
4. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(b) The weather.
(c) The Priest.
(d) The fish sauce.
5. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(a) A glass of sherry.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A large piece of cake.
6. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
(a) To the shrine.
(b) Downstairs to look at photographs.
(c) To the attic.
(d) To the chapel.
7. What does Léonie allow Baptiste to do?
(a) Watch him go to the bathroom.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Lead her to the new grave for the discovered bones.
(d) Make love to her.
8. With what is the back room filled?
(a) Maurice's old things.
(c) Linens and clothing.
(d) Old newspapers.
9. Who meets Léonie in the woods?
(a) No one.
(b) The Priest.
10. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The fact that the Priest smokes.
(b) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
(c) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
(d) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
11. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
(a) Spells a word over Antoinette's body which is lying dead.
(b) Spells a word over Louis's body which is lying dead.
(c) Spells a word over Rose's body.
(d) Spells a word over Léonie's body.
12. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
(a) To travel abroad.
(b) To go to England with her cousin.
(c) To marry Baptiste.
(d) To enter a convent when she is sixteen.
13. Who tells the story about the bones, Jewish family, and Henri?
14. Where has Thérèse gone?
(a) To the cellar to meet a boy.
(b) To a convent.
(c) To boarding school.
(d) To the village.
15. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
(a) For upsetting her father on his first day home.
(b) For letting her cousin read Antoinette's letter.
(c) For burning the fish soup.
(d) For inviting Baptiste to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Léonie?
2. What are the workmen doing when they find a shallow grave with a heap of bones?
3. What does Léonie decide to do at the upcoming inquiry?
4. What word do both women call out simultaneously as Léonie leaves the room?
5. Of what is Léonie sick?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)