|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victorine tell Léonie?
(a) Why Louis intends to move to India.
(b) The possibility of the bones belonging to Jews killed by the Nazis.
(c) That Rose is actually Thérèse's mother.
(d) How her mother came to marry an Englishman.
2. What does Léonie decide to do at the upcoming inquiry?
(a) Leave town before it starts.
(b) Stay quiet.
(c) Stage a protest.
(d) Give names.
3. Of what is Léonie sick?
(a) Adults' secrets.
(b) Madeleine making eyes at Louis.
(d) Thérèse's high-handed ways.
4. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
(a) Spells a word over Léonie's body.
(b) Spells a word over Rose's body.
(c) Spells a word over Louis's body which is lying dead.
(d) Spells a word over Antoinette's body which is lying dead.
5. What does Léonie offer to appease her cousin?
(a) To pray with her in the chapel.
(b) To trade secrets.
(c) To make up her hair.
(d) To go to town and get her some candy.
6. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
(a) There is a wild dog attacking children.
(b) So Baptiste and his friends leave them be.
(c) So they have no more visions.
(d) The priest is going to perform an exorcism.
7. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
(b) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(c) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
(d) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
8. To what does Thérèse set fire?
(a) The Communion wafers.
(b) The wreaths and other flora in the church.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The bell tower.
9. Why is Louis in a rage?
(a) Because he hates broth.
(b) Because he misses Antoinette.
(c) Because he dislikes the Priest.
(d) Because he cannot eat on his own.
10. Who wants to speak to Thérèse and her father?
(a) The baker.
(b) The priest.
(c) The sheriff.
11. What does Thérèse tell Léonie?
(a) That Léonie is sacreligious.
(b) How the Our Lady spoke to her.
(c) That Léonie should go into a convent.
(d) That Léonie could never be a Catholic.
12. About what is Thérèse being hurt?
(a) That her cousin does not attend her vows ceremony.
(b) Thérèse is not hurt.
(c) That her cousin has rejected the Catholic church.
(d) That her cousin suggest that Rose was the informer.
13. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
(b) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
(c) It was added on after WWII.
(d) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
14. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
(a) To go to England with her cousin.
(b) To travel abroad.
(c) To enter a convent when she is sixteen.
(d) To marry Baptiste.
15. What is Léonie feeling right now?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
2. What does Léonie want?
3. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
4. What problem does Léonie try to resolve?
5. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)