|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
(a) Words for her story.
(c) Signs that Thérèse is returning.
(d) Letters to use at the enquiry.
2. Who is juggling oranges?
3. With what is the back room filled?
(a) Linens and clothing.
(b) Maurice's old things.
(d) Old newspapers.
4. At whom is Baptiste angry?
(a) At the Priest for embarrassing him.
(b) At Madeleine for forbiding Léonie to talk to him.
(c) At the Germans for killing his father.
(d) At Léonie for not listening to him.
5. What is in the package the mail carrier throws over the gate?
(a) A package of various seeds for the spring garden.
(b) A package with two new books for Léonie and Thérèse.
(c) A box of letters from Antoinette to her sister in the convent.
(d) A package of shell casings.
6. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(b) Watches Léonie read her letter.
(c) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(d) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
7. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
(a) Her father.
8. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(b) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(c) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(d) About what happens to the kittens.
9. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
(b) Light and airy.
(c) Dark and bleak.
(d) Filled with religious icons.
10. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(a) No one.
(d) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
11. What is missing from the photographs?
(a) A photo of Rose and Henri.
(b) A photo of Thérèse at her clothing ceremony.
(c) A photo of Antoinette.
(d) A photo of Victorine.
12. What does Baptiste do?
(a) Asks Léonie to make him breakfast.
(b) Pulls the duvet over his and Léonie's head.
(c) Gets up to make coffee.
(d) Tells Léonie about the church.
13. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The fish sauce.
(d) The weather.
14. Who does Baptiste kiss?
(a) The bakery girl.
(b) An Italian girl who is visiting.
15. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Thérèse being hurt?
2. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
3. How does Thérèse feel towards the Bishop?
4. In what do the two women engage at the breakfast table?
5. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)