|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
(a) Money and prayers.
(b) Thérèse does not have a vision.
(c) A chapel on the site of the shrine and a yearly festival.
(d) A new church and the bones buried properly.
2. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
(a) The Nazi Major is killed by some villagers.
(b) Rose has a child who is stillborn because of her grief.
(c) Antoinette allows Rose to keep Thérèse for her first year and a half.
(d) Rose goes into the convent.
3. Where has Thérèse gone?
(a) To the cellar to meet a boy.
(b) To a convent.
(c) To boarding school.
(d) To the village.
4. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
(a) Her mother's old alarm clock.
(b) The water pump.
(c) Her bath water.
(d) The grandfather clock downstairs.
5. Who is trying to avoid Louis' return?
6. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
(a) Spells a word over Léonie's body.
(b) Spells a word over Louis's body which is lying dead.
(c) Spells a word over Rose's body.
(d) Spells a word over Antoinette's body which is lying dead.
7. At whom is Baptiste angry?
(a) At Léonie for not listening to him.
(b) At Madeleine for forbiding Léonie to talk to him.
(c) At the Germans for killing his father.
(d) At the Priest for embarrassing him.
8. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(c) No one.
(d) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
9. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(b) A large piece of cake.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A glass of sherry.
10. What is in the package the mail carrier throws over the gate?
(a) A box of letters from Antoinette to her sister in the convent.
(b) A package of various seeds for the spring garden.
(c) A package with two new books for Léonie and Thérèse.
(d) A package of shell casings.
11. Who wants to speak to Thérèse and her father?
(a) The priest.
(c) The baker.
(d) The sheriff.
12. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
13. What does Léonie want?
(a) A cigarette and breakfast.
(b) Thérèse to come back.
(c) Baptiste to leave her for a few days.
14. What doesn't Léonie like?
(a) Objects without names.
(b) Being forced to share her secrets with her mother.
(c) Staying on the farm in the summers.
(d) Having to be nice to Thérèse.
15. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victorine tell Léonie?
2. What does Thérèse feel the bishop and the others want?
3. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
4. What does Victorine assume?
5. Why is Louis in a rage?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)