|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scene does Léonie intuit?
(a) That Thérèse is insane.
(b) Rose bathing Léonie and Thérèse as babies.
(c) That Thérèse is dead.
(d) That she and Thérèse are meant to hate each other.
2. What is missing from the photographs?
(a) A photo of Antoinette.
(b) A photo of Thérèse at her clothing ceremony.
(c) A photo of Victorine.
(d) A photo of Rose and Henri.
3. What is child sized?
(a) The new pew markers.
(b) The baptistry.
(c) The statue.
(d) The icon of Jesus.
4. Of what do both women accuse the other?
(a) Of hating each other's mothers.
(b) Of being self-interested and for not caring about the Jewish family whose fate was sealed at the Martin estate.
(c) Of being in love with the other woman.
(d) Of harboring secrets that should have been revealed.
5. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
(a) For upsetting her father on his first day home.
(b) For inviting Baptiste to dinner.
(c) For burning the fish soup.
(d) For letting her cousin read Antoinette's letter.
6. Who wants to show Léonie something?
7. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
(a) Leading the bull to the cow pasture.
(b) Talking with Madeleine about Antoinette.
(c) Sleeping in the sun.
(d) Handling pieces of the Quimper bowl.
8. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
(a) Giving Thérèse a room to live in.
(b) Telling Thérèse off.
(c) The vandalism at the gravesite.
(d) Confronting her mother about who her father is.
9. At whom is Baptiste angry?
(a) At the Germans for killing his father.
(b) At the Priest for embarrassing him.
(c) At Léonie for not listening to him.
(d) At Madeleine for forbiding Léonie to talk to him.
10. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
(a) That she is really Henri's child.
(b) That she was almost put up for adoption.
(c) That she is the Priest's daughter.
(d) That she has tantrums as a child.
11. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
(b) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
(c) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(d) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
12. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) In the church on a pew.
(b) In her room.
(c) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(d) In the barn.
13. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
(a) She has her first communion.
(b) She is accepted to Oxford University.
(c) Her menstrual cycle begins.
(d) She becomes engaged.
14. What does Léonie allow Baptiste to do?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Lead her to the new grave for the discovered bones.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Watch him go to the bathroom.
15. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
2. What does Victorine tell Léonie?
3. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
4. Who is juggling oranges?
5. What does Madeleine discourage Léonie from doing?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)