|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie allow Baptiste to do?
(a) Lead her to the new grave for the discovered bones.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Watch him go to the bathroom.
(d) Make love to her.
2. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
(a) Having slept with Baptiste when they were young.
(b) Having lied about her visions so many years ago.
(c) Having lied about Léonie's paternity.
(d) Having cheated Léonie out of half of Louis's estate.
3. What does Thérèse do with the package?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Gives the package to the woodsman.
(c) Gives one book to Léonie and keeps one for herself.
(d) Gives the package to the gardener.
4. In what do the two women engage at the breakfast table?
(a) Nothing; they will not speak to each other.
(b) A game of checkers for old time's sake.
(c) A hair-pulling physical fight.
(d) A battle of criticisms.
5. What scene does Léonie intuit?
(a) That Thérèse is insane.
(b) Rose bathing Léonie and Thérèse as babies.
(c) That she and Thérèse are meant to hate each other.
(d) That Thérèse is dead.
6. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
(a) Rose goes into the convent.
(b) Antoinette allows Rose to keep Thérèse for her first year and a half.
(c) Rose has a child who is stillborn because of her grief.
(d) The Nazi Major is killed by some villagers.
7. What doesn't Léonie like?
(a) Having to be nice to Thérèse.
(b) Being forced to share her secrets with her mother.
(c) Objects without names.
(d) Staying on the farm in the summers.
8. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
9. Who admits breaking the Quimper bowl?
10. Who keeps the central portion of the Quimper bowl?
11. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
(b) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
(c) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
(d) It was added on after WWII.
12. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(a) Goes to confession.
(b) Drinks two cups of coffee.
(c) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
13. Who is juggling oranges?
14. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
(a) For inviting Baptiste to dinner.
(b) For letting her cousin read Antoinette's letter.
(c) For burning the fish soup.
(d) For upsetting her father on his first day home.
15. What is Léonie feeling right now?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
2. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
3. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
4. Of what do both women accuse the other?
5. Who wants to speak to Thérèse and her father?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)