|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
(b) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(c) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
(d) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
2. With what is the back room filled?
(a) Linens and clothing.
(b) Maurice's old things.
(d) Old newspapers.
3. In what do the two women engage at the breakfast table?
(a) Nothing; they will not speak to each other.
(b) A game of checkers for old time's sake.
(c) A battle of criticisms.
(d) A hair-pulling physical fight.
4. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(c) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
(d) A pile of bones.
5. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
(a) That she has tantrums as a child.
(b) That she was almost put up for adoption.
(c) That she is the Priest's daughter.
(d) That she is really Henri's child.
6. What word do both women call out simultaneously as Léonie leaves the room?
7. What does Madeleine discourage Léonie from doing?
(a) Associating with those of a lower social standing.
(b) Being mean to her cousin.
(c) Being friendly with Baptiste.
(d) Disobeying her uncle.
8. How does Thérèse feel towards the Bishop?
9. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
(a) Having slept with Baptiste when they were young.
(b) Having lied about her visions so many years ago.
(c) Having cheated Léonie out of half of Louis's estate.
(d) Having lied about Léonie's paternity.
10. What does Léonie allow Baptiste to do?
(a) Watch him go to the bathroom.
(b) Lead her to the new grave for the discovered bones.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Make love to her.
11. To what does Thérèse set fire?
(a) The wreaths and other flora in the church.
(b) The bell tower.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Communion wafers.
12. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(b) Watches Léonie read her letter.
(c) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(d) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
13. At whom is Baptiste angry?
(a) At the Priest for embarrassing him.
(b) At Léonie for not listening to him.
(c) At the Germans for killing his father.
(d) At Madeleine for forbiding Léonie to talk to him.
14. What does Victorine tell Léonie?
(a) Why Louis intends to move to India.
(b) That Rose is actually Thérèse's mother.
(c) The possibility of the bones belonging to Jews killed by the Nazis.
(d) How her mother came to marry an Englishman.
15. What does Baptiste do?
(a) Pulls the duvet over his and Léonie's head.
(b) Gets up to make coffee.
(c) Asks Léonie to make him breakfast.
(d) Tells Léonie about the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Louis in a rage?
2. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
3. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
4. How is the church decorated?
5. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)