|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
2. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
3. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Go and pray at the shrine.
(b) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(c) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
(d) Rub her back that night.
4. To what does Thérèse set fire?
(a) The bell tower.
(b) The wreaths and other flora in the church.
(c) The Communion wafers.
(d) The Bible.
5. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
(a) That she was almost put up for adoption.
(b) That she has tantrums as a child.
(c) That she is the Priest's daughter.
(d) That she is really Henri's child.
6. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
(a) To marry Baptiste.
(b) To travel abroad.
(c) To go to England with her cousin.
(d) To enter a convent when she is sixteen.
7. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(b) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(c) Watches Léonie read her letter.
(d) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
8. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Move to England with her cousin.
(b) Go to confession more often.
(c) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(d) Become a nun.
9. What is child sized?
(a) The baptistry.
(b) The icon of Jesus.
(c) The statue.
(d) The new pew markers.
10. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
(a) Having slept with Baptiste when they were young.
(b) Having lied about her visions so many years ago.
(c) Having cheated Léonie out of half of Louis's estate.
(d) Having lied about Léonie's paternity.
11. What bothers Léonie?
(a) That Thérèse wants the house and for Léonie to move.
(b) That Thérèse does not want to stay with her.
(c) Léonie is wary of Thérèse's motives and feels that Thérèse is here to stir up painful secrets from the past.
(d) That Baptiste is not here to take up for Léonie.
12. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(b) No one.
(c) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
13. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
14. About what has Léonie discouraged her daughters?
(a) Getting married too young.
(b) Going to the woods alone.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Spending time in the back room.
15. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeleine discourage Léonie from doing?
2. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
3. What does Victorine tell Léonie?
4. Who meets Léonie in the woods?
5. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)