|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
(a) Spells a word over Rose's body.
(b) Spells a word over Léonie's body.
(c) Spells a word over Antoinette's body which is lying dead.
(d) Spells a word over Louis's body which is lying dead.
2. Who is skeptical about Thérèse's vision?
(b) The curé.
(c) The bishop.
3. Of what is Léonie sick?
(a) Madeleine making eyes at Louis.
(c) Adults' secrets.
(d) Thérèse's high-handed ways.
4. At whom is Baptiste angry?
(a) At the Germans for killing his father.
(b) At Léonie for not listening to him.
(c) At the Priest for embarrassing him.
(d) At Madeleine for forbiding Léonie to talk to him.
5. What doesn't Léonie like?
(a) Objects without names.
(b) Staying on the farm in the summers.
(c) Being forced to share her secrets with her mother.
(d) Having to be nice to Thérèse.
6. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
7. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
(a) The vandalism at the gravesite.
(b) Confronting her mother about who her father is.
(c) Telling Thérèse off.
(d) Giving Thérèse a room to live in.
8. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
(b) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
(c) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(d) A pile of bones.
9. What does Léonie wish would break?
(a) A porcelain vase.
(b) The clock that keeps ticking too loudly on the mantel.
(c) Thérèse's heart.
(d) Thérèse's best necklace.
10. Who does Baptiste kiss?
(a) The bakery girl.
(d) An Italian girl who is visiting.
11. What does Victorine assume?
(a) That Baptiste and Léonie will eventually marry.
(b) That Louis and Madeleine will eventually marry.
(c) That she and Louis may eventually marry.
(d) That Thérèse has gone to spend time with Louis on his first day home from hospital.
12. What is in the package the mail carrier throws over the gate?
(a) A package of various seeds for the spring garden.
(b) A box of letters from Antoinette to her sister in the convent.
(c) A package with two new books for Léonie and Thérèse.
(d) A package of shell casings.
13. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(b) No one.
(d) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
14. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
(b) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
(c) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
(d) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
15. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) In the barn.
(b) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(c) In the church on a pew.
(d) In her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from the photographs?
2. Of what do both women accuse the other?
3. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
4. What does Léonie want?
5. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)