|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
(a) So they have no more visions.
(b) So Baptiste and his friends leave them be.
(c) There is a wild dog attacking children.
(d) The priest is going to perform an exorcism.
2. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
(b) Her father.
3. With what is the back room filled?
(b) Old newspapers.
(c) Maurice's old things.
(d) Linens and clothing.
4. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Light and airy.
(b) Filled with religious icons.
(c) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
(d) Dark and bleak.
5. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(b) The fish sauce.
(c) The weather.
(d) The Priest.
6. What does Victorine tell Léonie?
(a) Why Louis intends to move to India.
(b) That Rose is actually Thérèse's mother.
(c) How her mother came to marry an Englishman.
(d) The possibility of the bones belonging to Jews killed by the Nazis.
7. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Move to England with her cousin.
(b) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(c) Go to confession more often.
(d) Become a nun.
8. What is missing from the photographs?
(a) A photo of Victorine.
(b) A photo of Antoinette.
(c) A photo of Thérèse at her clothing ceremony.
(d) A photo of Rose and Henri.
9. Who tells the story about the bones, Jewish family, and Henri?
10. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(a) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
(c) Drinks two cups of coffee.
(d) Goes to confession.
11. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
12. What does Baptiste do?
(a) Tells Léonie about the church.
(b) Gets up to make coffee.
(c) Pulls the duvet over his and Léonie's head.
(d) Asks Léonie to make him breakfast.
13. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
(a) A new church and the bones buried properly.
(b) Money and prayers.
(c) Thérèse does not have a vision.
(d) A chapel on the site of the shrine and a yearly festival.
14. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(a) A glass of sherry.
(c) A large piece of cake.
(d) A cigarette.
15. Who is juggling oranges?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Léonie tell Baptiste?
2. What does Thérèse do with the package?
3. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
4. What have Thérèse and Léonie given Victorine for her birthday?
5. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)