|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the church on a pew.
2. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
(a) Her mother's old alarm clock.
(b) The water pump.
(c) Her bath water.
(d) The grandfather clock downstairs.
3. What does Léonie wish would break?
(a) Thérèse's best necklace.
(b) The clock that keeps ticking too loudly on the mantel.
(c) Thérèse's heart.
(d) A porcelain vase.
4. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
(a) Downstairs to look at photographs.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the chapel.
(d) To the shrine.
5. What are the workmen doing when they find a shallow grave with a heap of bones?
(a) Burying a Nazi uniform covering a machine gun.
(b) Burying a chest of fake gold coins.
(c) Dismantling the shrine in the clearing.
(d) Erecting a statue in front of the church.
6. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
7. About what does Thérèse become upset?
(a) Léonie is serving Louis broth.
(b) Madeleine is sitting on the side of Louis's bed.
(c) Léonie pulls the cookie jar toward her and begins reading a letter.
(d) Madeleine is serving Louis broth.
8. What problem does Léonie try to resolve?
(a) As to whether she could make Baptiste like her.
(b) Of how she and Thérèse could have both seen the same vision.
(c) Of when two objects are distinct from each other yet the same.
(d) As to whether she or Thérèse would inherit the house.
9. Who admits breaking the Quimper bowl?
10. About what has Léonie discouraged her daughters?
(a) Spending time in the back room.
(b) Going to the woods alone.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Getting married too young.
11. Why is Louis in a rage?
(a) Because he hates broth.
(b) Because he misses Antoinette.
(c) Because he cannot eat on his own.
(d) Because he dislikes the Priest.
12. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
(a) Her menstrual cycle begins.
(b) She is accepted to Oxford University.
(c) She has her first communion.
(d) She becomes engaged.
13. How is the church decorated?
(a) For the harvest festival mass.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Thanksgiving.
(d) For Yuletide.
14. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
(a) The vandalism at the gravesite.
(b) Giving Thérèse a room to live in.
(c) Confronting her mother about who her father is.
(d) Telling Thérèse off.
15. What does Léonie ask her mother?
(a) If she and Baptiste could sit with each other at church that Sunday.
(b) Whose bones are in the grave.
(c) When they are going to return to England.
(d) If the bones could belong to the lady Léonie sees in her vision?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
2. What story does Léonie tell Baptiste?
3. What does Thérèse tell Léonie?
4. How does Thérèse feel towards the Bishop?
5. Who meets Léonie in the woods?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)