|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Léonie?
(a) That Baptiste is not here to take up for Léonie.
(b) That Thérèse wants the house and for Léonie to move.
(c) That Thérèse does not want to stay with her.
(d) Léonie is wary of Thérèse's motives and feels that Thérèse is here to stir up painful secrets from the past.
2. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
(a) For inviting Baptiste to dinner.
(b) For letting her cousin read Antoinette's letter.
(c) For burning the fish soup.
(d) For upsetting her father on his first day home.
3. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(b) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
(c) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
(d) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
4. What does Thérèse do with the package?
(a) Gives the package to the woodsman.
(b) Gives one book to Léonie and keeps one for herself.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Gives the package to the gardener.
5. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(a) Drinks two cups of coffee.
(c) Goes to confession.
(d) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
6. Of what is Léonie sick?
(a) Madeleine making eyes at Louis.
(c) Adults' secrets.
(d) Thérèse's high-handed ways.
7. Who is skeptical about Thérèse's vision?
(c) The curé.
(d) The bishop.
8. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
(a) She has her first communion.
(b) She becomes engaged.
(c) Her menstrual cycle begins.
(d) She is accepted to Oxford University.
9. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Become a nun.
(b) Go to confession more often.
(c) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(d) Move to England with her cousin.
10. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
(a) Leading the bull to the cow pasture.
(b) Handling pieces of the Quimper bowl.
(c) Talking with Madeleine about Antoinette.
(d) Sleeping in the sun.
11. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
(a) Thérèse does not have a vision.
(b) A chapel on the site of the shrine and a yearly festival.
(c) Money and prayers.
(d) A new church and the bones buried properly.
12. Who tells the story about the bones, Jewish family, and Henri?
13. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) It was added on after WWII.
(b) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
(c) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
(d) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
14. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
15. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
2. About whom does Thérèse have violent dreams?
3. Who is juggling oranges?
4. What do the two girls criticize?
5. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)