|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
(b) Her father.
2. How does Thérèse feel towards the Bishop?
3. Who admits breaking the Quimper bowl?
4. Who keeps the central portion of the Quimper bowl?
5. About whom does Thérèse have violent dreams?
(d) Léonie .
6. What does Baptiste do?
(a) Asks Léonie to make him breakfast.
(b) Tells Léonie about the church.
(c) Gets up to make coffee.
(d) Pulls the duvet over his and Léonie's head.
7. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(b) Go and pray at the shrine.
(c) Rub her back that night.
(d) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
8. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
(a) Telling Thérèse off.
(b) The vandalism at the gravesite.
(c) Giving Thérèse a room to live in.
(d) Confronting her mother about who her father is.
9. What scene does Léonie intuit?
(a) Rose bathing Léonie and Thérèse as babies.
(b) That Thérèse is insane.
(c) That Thérèse is dead.
(d) That she and Thérèse are meant to hate each other.
10. What does Thérèse do with the package?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Gives the package to the gardener.
(c) Gives the package to the woodsman.
(d) Gives one book to Léonie and keeps one for herself.
11. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
(a) Words for her story.
(b) Letters to use at the enquiry.
(d) Signs that Thérèse is returning.
12. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Go to confession more often.
(b) Become a nun.
(c) Move to England with her cousin.
(d) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
13. Of what is Léonie sick?
(a) Madeleine making eyes at Louis.
(b) Adults' secrets.
(c) Thérèse's high-handed ways.
14. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
(a) A chapel on the site of the shrine and a yearly festival.
(b) A new church and the bones buried properly.
(c) Thérèse does not have a vision.
(d) Money and prayers.
15. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
(a) She has her first communion.
(b) She becomes engaged.
(c) Her menstrual cycle begins.
(d) She is accepted to Oxford University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
2. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
3. In what do the two women engage at the breakfast table?
4. Who wants to show Léonie something?
5. How is the church decorated?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)