|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the church decorated?
(a) For the harvest festival mass.
(b) For Yuletide.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For Thanksgiving.
2. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
(b) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
3. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
(a) A new church and the bones buried properly.
(b) Money and prayers.
(c) A chapel on the site of the shrine and a yearly festival.
(d) Thérèse does not have a vision.
4. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Go to confession more often.
(b) Become a nun.
(c) Move to England with her cousin.
(d) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
5. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
6. What does Léonie wish would break?
(a) Thérèse's heart.
(b) The clock that keeps ticking too loudly on the mantel.
(c) Thérèse's best necklace.
(d) A porcelain vase.
7. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
8. What does Léonie decide to do at the upcoming inquiry?
(a) Stay quiet.
(b) Stage a protest.
(c) Leave town before it starts.
(d) Give names.
9. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) In the church on a pew.
(b) In her room.
(c) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(d) In the barn.
10. What does Léonie offer to appease her cousin?
(a) To trade secrets.
(b) To pray with her in the chapel.
(c) To go to town and get her some candy.
(d) To make up her hair.
11. Who wants to speak to Thérèse and her father?
(b) The baker.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The priest.
12. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
(a) The vandalism at the gravesite.
(b) Confronting her mother about who her father is.
(c) Telling Thérèse off.
(d) Giving Thérèse a room to live in.
13. What are the workmen doing when they find a shallow grave with a heap of bones?
(a) Erecting a statue in front of the church.
(b) Burying a chest of fake gold coins.
(c) Dismantling the shrine in the clearing.
(d) Burying a Nazi uniform covering a machine gun.
14. What word do both women call out simultaneously as Léonie leaves the room?
15. Who does Baptiste kiss?
(b) The bakery girl.
(d) An Italian girl who is visiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps the central portion of the Quimper bowl?
2. What is missing from the photographs?
3. What does Léonie ask her mother?
4. What have Thérèse and Léonie given Victorine for her birthday?
5. What is child sized?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)