|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
(a) Having slept with Baptiste when they were young.
(b) Having cheated Léonie out of half of Louis's estate.
(c) Having lied about Léonie's paternity.
(d) Having lied about her visions so many years ago.
2. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
(b) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(c) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(d) Watches Léonie read her letter.
3. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
(a) To enter a convent when she is sixteen.
(b) To marry Baptiste.
(c) To travel abroad.
(d) To go to England with her cousin.
4. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
(d) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
5. What doesn't Léonie like?
(a) Objects without names.
(b) Being forced to share her secrets with her mother.
(c) Having to be nice to Thérèse.
(d) Staying on the farm in the summers.
6. Who is trying to avoid Louis' return?
7. What does Léonie wish would break?
(a) The clock that keeps ticking too loudly on the mantel.
(b) A porcelain vase.
(c) Thérèse's heart.
(d) Thérèse's best necklace.
8. About whom does Thérèse have violent dreams?
(a) Léonie .
9. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(c) No one.
(d) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
10. What is child sized?
(a) The statue.
(b) The baptistry.
(c) The new pew markers.
(d) The icon of Jesus.
11. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
(b) Words for her story.
(c) Signs that Thérèse is returning.
(d) Letters to use at the enquiry.
12. Who suffers a minor stroke?
13. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) A large piece of cake.
(d) A glass of sherry.
14. With what is the back room filled?
(b) Linens and clothing.
(c) Old newspapers.
(d) Maurice's old things.
15. What scene does Léonie intuit?
(a) That Thérèse is dead.
(b) That Thérèse is insane.
(c) Rose bathing Léonie and Thérèse as babies.
(d) That she and Thérèse are meant to hate each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
2. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
3. What is missing from the photographs?
4. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
5. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)