|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
(a) She is in competition with Léonie.
(b) In who can cook the best goose.
(c) In gaining her father's attention.
(d) In who can disgrace the Priest worse.
2. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About what happens to the kittens.
(b) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(c) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(d) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
3. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
(a) Rose has a child who is stillborn because of her grief.
(b) Rose goes into the convent.
(c) The Nazi Major is killed by some villagers.
(d) Antoinette allows Rose to keep Thérèse for her first year and a half.
4. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Light and airy.
(b) Filled with religious icons.
(c) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
(d) Dark and bleak.
5. With what is the back room filled?
(a) Linens and clothing.
(c) Old newspapers.
(d) Maurice's old things.
6. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(c) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
(d) No one.
7. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
(a) That she at one time was going to move to the United States.
(b) That she has a German lover.
(c) That Louis is her first cousin.
(d) That she was probably raped by Germans and Thérèse is a result of that.
8. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
(b) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
(c) The fact that the Priest smokes.
(d) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
9. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Rub her back that night.
(b) Go and pray at the shrine.
(c) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(d) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
10. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
(b) Words for her story.
(c) Letters to use at the enquiry.
(d) Signs that Thérèse is returning.
11. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
(b) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(c) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
(d) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
12. Who wants to show Léonie something?
13. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
14. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
15. What does Léonie want?
(a) Thérèse to come back.
(b) Baptiste to leave her for a few days.
(c) A cigarette and breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse tell Léonie?
2. What does Victorine tell Léonie?
3. To what does Thérèse set fire?
4. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
5. What does Léonie wish would break?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)