|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Madeleine scold Thérèse?
(a) For upsetting her father on his first day home.
(b) For inviting Baptiste to dinner.
(c) For letting her cousin read Antoinette's letter.
(d) For burning the fish soup.
2. About what does Thérèse become upset?
(a) Léonie is serving Louis broth.
(b) Madeleine is sitting on the side of Louis's bed.
(c) Léonie pulls the cookie jar toward her and begins reading a letter.
(d) Madeleine is serving Louis broth.
3. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(a) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
(b) Goes to confession.
(d) Drinks two cups of coffee.
4. What does Victorine assume?
(a) That Thérèse has gone to spend time with Louis on his first day home from hospital.
(b) That she and Louis may eventually marry.
(c) That Baptiste and Léonie will eventually marry.
(d) That Louis and Madeleine will eventually marry.
5. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
6. What word do both women call out simultaneously as Léonie leaves the room?
7. At what does Thérèse look?
(a) The Statue of Our Lady of Blémont-la-Fontaine.
(b) The icon of Jesus on the cross.
(c) The new pew markers.
(d) The new altar.
8. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
(b) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
(c) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
(d) The fact that the Priest smokes.
9. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
(a) That she was probably raped by Germans and Thérèse is a result of that.
(b) That she has a German lover.
(c) That Louis is her first cousin.
(d) That she at one time was going to move to the United States.
10. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(b) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(c) Watches Léonie read her letter.
(d) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
11. At whom is Baptiste angry?
(a) At the Germans for killing his father.
(b) At Madeleine for forbiding Léonie to talk to him.
(c) At the Priest for embarrassing him.
(d) At Léonie for not listening to him.
12. Who tells the story about the bones, Jewish family, and Henri?
13. What bothers Léonie?
(a) That Thérèse wants the house and for Léonie to move.
(b) That Thérèse does not want to stay with her.
(c) Léonie is wary of Thérèse's motives and feels that Thérèse is here to stir up painful secrets from the past.
(d) That Baptiste is not here to take up for Léonie.
14. How is the church decorated?
(a) For the harvest festival mass.
(b) For Yuletide.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For Thanksgiving.
15. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
(b) Letters to use at the enquiry.
(c) Words for her story.
(d) Signs that Thérèse is returning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie allow Baptiste to do?
2. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
3. About whom does Thérèse have violent dreams?
4. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
5. In what do the two women engage at the breakfast table?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)