|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits breaking the Quimper bowl?
2. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(b) About what happens to the kittens.
(c) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(d) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
3. Who is skeptical about Thérèse's vision?
(a) The curé.
(b) The bishop.
4. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
(c) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(d) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
5. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
(a) She has her first communion.
(b) She becomes engaged.
(c) She is accepted to Oxford University.
(d) Her menstrual cycle begins.
6. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Rub her back that night.
(b) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
(c) Go and pray at the shrine.
(d) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
7. What does Thérèse feel the bishop and the others want?
(a) Something that she has--her proximity to the divine through her vision of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Inheritance to the farm.
(c) Her mother's letters.
(d) The buried statue.
8. What does Léonie want?
(a) Baptiste to leave her for a few days.
(c) Thérèse to come back.
(d) A cigarette and breakfast.
9. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
(a) Having cheated Léonie out of half of Louis's estate.
(b) Having lied about her visions so many years ago.
(c) Having lied about Léonie's paternity.
(d) Having slept with Baptiste when they were young.
10. What is missing from the photographs?
(a) A photo of Thérèse at her clothing ceremony.
(b) A photo of Rose and Henri.
(c) A photo of Antoinette.
(d) A photo of Victorine.
11. What problem does Léonie try to resolve?
(a) As to whether she could make Baptiste like her.
(b) As to whether she or Thérèse would inherit the house.
(c) Of how she and Thérèse could have both seen the same vision.
(d) Of when two objects are distinct from each other yet the same.
12. What does Baptiste do?
(a) Asks Léonie to make him breakfast.
(b) Tells Léonie about the church.
(c) Gets up to make coffee.
(d) Pulls the duvet over his and Léonie's head.
13. What does the priest suggest for Thérèse?
(a) A job as a governess.
(b) A convent.
(c) A year of penance.
(d) A boarding school.
14. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
(a) The grandfather clock downstairs.
(b) The water pump.
(c) Her bath water.
(d) Her mother's old alarm clock.
15. What have Thérèse and Léonie given Victorine for her birthday?
(a) A green scarf.
(b) A small opera purse.
(c) A plate of cookies.
(d) An apple pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
2. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
3. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
4. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
5. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)