|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what do the two women engage at the breakfast table?
(a) A hair-pulling physical fight.
(b) A battle of criticisms.
(c) A game of checkers for old time's sake.
(d) Nothing; they will not speak to each other.
2. What does Thérèse tell Léonie?
(a) That Léonie is sacreligious.
(b) How the Our Lady spoke to her.
(c) That Léonie could never be a Catholic.
(d) That Léonie should go into a convent.
3. What story does Léonie tell Baptiste?
(a) That Thérèse has left to go to a convent.
(b) That Rose is Thérèse's mother.
(c) That Madeleine is marrying Louis.
(d) That Thérèse believes the two girls are sisters.
4. About what does Thérèse become upset?
(a) Léonie pulls the cookie jar toward her and begins reading a letter.
(b) Léonie is serving Louis broth.
(c) Madeleine is sitting on the side of Louis's bed.
(d) Madeleine is serving Louis broth.
5. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
(a) Rose has a child who is stillborn because of her grief.
(b) Antoinette allows Rose to keep Thérèse for her first year and a half.
(c) Rose goes into the convent.
(d) The Nazi Major is killed by some villagers.
6. What is Léonie feeling right now?
7. Who keeps the central portion of the Quimper bowl?
8. Who admits breaking the Quimper bowl?
9. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
(b) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
(c) It was added on after WWII.
(d) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
10. Of what do both women accuse the other?
(a) Of hating each other's mothers.
(b) Of being in love with the other woman.
(c) Of being self-interested and for not caring about the Jewish family whose fate was sealed at the Martin estate.
(d) Of harboring secrets that should have been revealed.
11. What bothers Léonie?
(a) Léonie is wary of Thérèse's motives and feels that Thérèse is here to stir up painful secrets from the past.
(b) That Baptiste is not here to take up for Léonie.
(c) That Thérèse does not want to stay with her.
(d) That Thérèse wants the house and for Léonie to move.
12. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
(a) In who can disgrace the Priest worse.
(b) In gaining her father's attention.
(c) She is in competition with Léonie.
(d) In who can cook the best goose.
13. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
(c) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(d) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
14. How is the church decorated?
(a) For the harvest festival mass.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Thanksgiving.
(d) For Yuletide.
15. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(b) A large piece of cake.
(c) A glass of sherry.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do both women call out simultaneously as Léonie leaves the room?
2. What scene does Léonie intuit?
3. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
4. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
5. What does Léonie decide to do at the upcoming inquiry?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)