|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
(a) In who can cook the best goose.
(b) In who can disgrace the Priest worse.
(c) In gaining her father's attention.
(d) She is in competition with Léonie.
2. What is Léonie feeling right now?
3. What doesn't Léonie like?
(a) Having to be nice to Thérèse.
(b) Staying on the farm in the summers.
(c) Being forced to share her secrets with her mother.
(d) Objects without names.
4. What does Léonie offer to appease her cousin?
(a) To pray with her in the chapel.
(b) To trade secrets.
(c) To go to town and get her some candy.
(d) To make up her hair.
5. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
(a) Rose goes into the convent.
(b) Antoinette allows Rose to keep Thérèse for her first year and a half.
(c) Rose has a child who is stillborn because of her grief.
(d) The Nazi Major is killed by some villagers.
6. Why does Thérèse feel triumphant?
(a) For fooling the Priest about her visions.
(b) For besting Léonie in a game of wait and see.
(c) For running Léonie off the farm.
(d) For figuring out the secret Léonie has kept all these years.
7. What bothers Léonie?
(a) That Thérèse does not want to stay with her.
(b) Léonie is wary of Thérèse's motives and feels that Thérèse is here to stir up painful secrets from the past.
(c) That Baptiste is not here to take up for Léonie.
(d) That Thérèse wants the house and for Léonie to move.
8. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
9. What does Victorine assume?
(a) That Louis and Madeleine will eventually marry.
(b) That Baptiste and Léonie will eventually marry.
(c) That Thérèse has gone to spend time with Louis on his first day home from hospital.
(d) That she and Louis may eventually marry.
10. What does Madeleine discourage Léonie from doing?
(a) Being mean to her cousin.
(b) Associating with those of a lower social standing.
(c) Disobeying her uncle.
(d) Being friendly with Baptiste.
11. At whom is Baptiste angry?
(a) At the Germans for killing his father.
(b) At Madeleine for forbiding Léonie to talk to him.
(c) At Léonie for not listening to him.
(d) At the Priest for embarrassing him.
12. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
(b) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(c) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
(d) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
13. To what does Thérèse set fire?
(a) The Communion wafers.
(b) The wreaths and other flora in the church.
(c) The bell tower.
(d) The Bible.
14. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(b) Go and pray at the shrine.
(c) Rub her back that night.
(d) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
15. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(a) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
(b) Drinks two cups of coffee.
(d) Goes to confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie want?
2. Who betrays Henri and Rose to the Nazis?
3. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
4. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
5. What problem does Léonie try to resolve?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)