|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the church on a pew.
(c) In her room.
(d) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
2. What problem does Léonie try to resolve?
(a) As to whether she or Thérèse would inherit the house.
(b) Of how she and Thérèse could have both seen the same vision.
(c) Of when two objects are distinct from each other yet the same.
(d) As to whether she could make Baptiste like her.
3. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
(a) She is in competition with Léonie.
(b) In gaining her father's attention.
(c) In who can disgrace the Priest worse.
(d) In who can cook the best goose.
4. Who is juggling oranges?
5. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Watches Léonie read her letter.
(b) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(c) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
(d) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
6. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
(a) Talking with Madeleine about Antoinette.
(b) Sleeping in the sun.
(c) Handling pieces of the Quimper bowl.
(d) Leading the bull to the cow pasture.
7. What scene does Léonie intuit?
(a) That Thérèse is dead.
(b) That Thérèse is insane.
(c) That she and Thérèse are meant to hate each other.
(d) Rose bathing Léonie and Thérèse as babies.
8. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
(b) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
(c) The fact that the Priest smokes.
(d) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
9. What does the priest suggest for Thérèse?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A job as a governess.
(c) A convent.
(d) A year of penance.
10. Who is nearby when Thérèse experiences a vision?
(a) The priest, the bishop, and some villagers.
(c) No one.
11. Who is skeptical about Thérèse's vision?
(a) The curé.
(d) The bishop.
12. Of what is Léonie sick?
(b) Thérèse's high-handed ways.
(c) Adults' secrets.
(d) Madeleine making eyes at Louis.
13. Who suffers a minor stroke?
14. In what do the two women engage at the breakfast table?
(a) Nothing; they will not speak to each other.
(b) A game of checkers for old time's sake.
(c) A battle of criticisms.
(d) A hair-pulling physical fight.
15. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
(a) To the attic.
(b) To the chapel.
(c) Downstairs to look at photographs.
(d) To the shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
2. What does Léonie ask her mother?
3. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
4. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
5. At whom is Baptiste angry?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)