|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the church decorated?
(a) For the harvest festival mass.
(b) For Yuletide.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For Thanksgiving.
2. What does Léonie do in a fit of anger?
(a) Throws soup in Thérèse's face.
(b) Leaves dinner in the middle of the main course.
(c) Dumps Thérèse's letters in a stove wherein they burn up.
(d) Screams swear words at Thérèse.
3. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
(b) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
(c) It was added on after WWII.
(d) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
4. About what is Thérèse being hurt?
(a) Thérèse is not hurt.
(b) That her cousin does not attend her vows ceremony.
(c) That her cousin suggest that Rose was the informer.
(d) That her cousin has rejected the Catholic church.
5. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
(b) Filled with religious icons.
(c) Dark and bleak.
(d) Light and airy.
6. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
(a) The fact that the Priest smokes.
(b) The fact that he has aided the Nazis.
(c) The situation with the bones and the shrine.
(d) The fact that the shrine has been the scene of visions.
7. What story does Léonie tell Baptiste?
(a) That Thérèse has left to go to a convent.
(b) That Thérèse believes the two girls are sisters.
(c) That Madeleine is marrying Louis.
(d) That Rose is Thérèse's mother.
8. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
(a) Money and prayers.
(b) Thérèse does not have a vision.
(c) A chapel on the site of the shrine and a yearly festival.
(d) A new church and the bones buried properly.
9. What does Baptiste do?
(a) Tells Léonie about the church.
(b) Pulls the duvet over his and Léonie's head.
(c) Asks Léonie to make him breakfast.
(d) Gets up to make coffee.
10. What word do both women call out simultaneously as Léonie leaves the room?
11. What is Léonie feeling right now?
12. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
13. What scene does Léonie intuit?
(a) That Thérèse is dead.
(b) That she and Thérèse are meant to hate each other.
(c) Rose bathing Léonie and Thérèse as babies.
(d) That Thérèse is insane.
14. Over what does Léonie feel cowardly?
(a) The vandalism at the gravesite.
(b) Telling Thérèse off.
(c) Giving Thérèse a room to live in.
(d) Confronting her mother about who her father is.
15. What is child sized?
(a) The new pew markers.
(b) The baptistry.
(c) The statue.
(d) The icon of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie decide to do at the upcoming inquiry?
2. What does Léonie wish would break?
3. Who admits breaking the Quimper bowl?
4. To what does Thérèse set fire?
5. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)