|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
(a) Spells a word over Rose's body.
(b) Spells a word over Antoinette's body which is lying dead.
(c) Spells a word over Louis's body which is lying dead.
(d) Spells a word over Léonie's body.
2. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) In her room.
(b) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the church on a pew.
3. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(b) The fish sauce.
(c) The weather.
(d) The Priest.
4. What does Léonie offer to appease her cousin?
(a) To trade secrets.
(b) To pray with her in the chapel.
(c) To make up her hair.
(d) To go to town and get her some candy.
5. Who does Baptiste kiss?
(b) The bakery girl.
(d) An Italian girl who is visiting.
6. What does Léonie wish would break?
(a) Thérèse's heart.
(b) Thérèse's best necklace.
(c) The clock that keeps ticking too loudly on the mantel.
(d) A porcelain vase.
7. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
(a) There is a wild dog attacking children.
(b) The priest is going to perform an exorcism.
(c) So Baptiste and his friends leave them be.
(d) So they have no more visions.
8. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
(a) Sleeping in the sun.
(b) Leading the bull to the cow pasture.
(c) Talking with Madeleine about Antoinette.
(d) Handling pieces of the Quimper bowl.
9. Of what do both women accuse the other?
(a) Of hating each other's mothers.
(b) Of harboring secrets that should have been revealed.
(c) Of being self-interested and for not caring about the Jewish family whose fate was sealed at the Martin estate.
(d) Of being in love with the other woman.
10. Who is skeptical about Thérèse's vision?
(a) The bishop.
(c) The curé.
11. What doesn't Léonie like?
(a) Being forced to share her secrets with her mother.
(b) Having to be nice to Thérèse.
(c) Staying on the farm in the summers.
(d) Objects without names.
12. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(b) A glass of sherry.
(c) A large piece of cake.
(d) A cigarette.
13. With what is the back room filled?
(a) Old newspapers.
(b) Maurice's old things.
(d) Linens and clothing.
14. What does Léonie want?
(a) Thérèse to come back.
(b) A cigarette and breakfast.
(c) Baptiste to leave her for a few days.
15. What story does Léonie tell Baptiste?
(a) That Rose is Thérèse's mother.
(b) That Madeleine is marrying Louis.
(c) That Thérèse believes the two girls are sisters.
(d) That Thérèse has left to go to a convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Thérèse become upset?
2. What does Thérèse do with the package?
3. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
4. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
5. What is child sized?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)