|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
(a) To enter a convent when she is sixteen.
(b) To marry Baptiste.
(c) To travel abroad.
(d) To go to England with her cousin.
2. What does Léonie offer to appease her cousin?
(a) To trade secrets.
(b) To pray with her in the chapel.
(c) To make up her hair.
(d) To go to town and get her some candy.
3. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In her room.
(c) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(d) In the church on a pew.
4. Of whom does Thérèse dream?
5. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(b) Watches Léonie read her letter.
(c) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
(d) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
6. Who tells the story about the bones, Jewish family, and Henri?
7. What does Thérèse do with the package?
(a) Gives the package to the gardener.
(b) Gives the package to the woodsman.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Gives one book to Léonie and keeps one for herself.
8. Who does Thérèse say she must go help?
(d) Her father.
9. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About what happens to the kittens.
(b) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(c) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(d) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
10. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
(a) In who can cook the best goose.
(b) She is in competition with Léonie.
(c) In gaining her father's attention.
(d) In who can disgrace the Priest worse.
11. About what is Thérèse being hurt?
(a) Thérèse is not hurt.
(b) That her cousin has rejected the Catholic church.
(c) That her cousin does not attend her vows ceremony.
(d) That her cousin suggest that Rose was the informer.
12. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
(a) There is a wild dog attacking children.
(b) So Baptiste and his friends leave them be.
(c) The priest is going to perform an exorcism.
(d) So they have no more visions.
13. About whom does Thérèse have violent dreams?
(b) Léonie .
14. When Thérèse wakes up where does she go?
(a) To the shrine.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the chapel.
(d) Downstairs to look at photographs.
15. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) It was added on after WWII.
(b) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
(c) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
(d) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie wish would break?
2. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
3. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
4. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
5. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)