|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baptiste kiss?
(a) The bakery girl.
(d) An Italian girl who is visiting.
2. What are the workmen doing when they find a shallow grave with a heap of bones?
(a) Dismantling the shrine in the clearing.
(b) Burying a Nazi uniform covering a machine gun.
(c) Erecting a statue in front of the church.
(d) Burying a chest of fake gold coins.
3. What two things does Thérèse say her vision wants accomplished?
(a) A chapel on the site of the shrine and a yearly festival.
(b) Money and prayers.
(c) A new church and the bones buried properly.
(d) Thérèse does not have a vision.
4. About what has Léonie discouraged her daughters?
(a) Spending time in the back room.
(b) Getting married too young.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Going to the woods alone.
5. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
(a) She becomes engaged.
(b) She is accepted to Oxford University.
(c) She has her first communion.
(d) Her menstrual cycle begins.
6. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
(a) Rose goes into the convent.
(b) Antoinette allows Rose to keep Thérèse for her first year and a half.
(c) The Nazi Major is killed by some villagers.
(d) Rose has a child who is stillborn because of her grief.
7. How does Thérèse feel towards the Bishop?
8. Who suffers a minor stroke?
9. What does Madeleine discourage Léonie from doing?
(a) Being friendly with Baptiste.
(b) Associating with those of a lower social standing.
(c) Being mean to her cousin.
(d) Disobeying her uncle.
10. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
(a) In gaining her father's attention.
(b) In who can cook the best goose.
(c) She is in competition with Léonie.
(d) In who can disgrace the Priest worse.
11. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Go to confession more often.
(b) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(c) Move to England with her cousin.
(d) Become a nun.
12. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
(a) That she has a German lover.
(b) That Louis is her first cousin.
(c) That she at one time was going to move to the United States.
(d) That she was probably raped by Germans and Thérèse is a result of that.
13. What is in the package the mail carrier throws over the gate?
(a) A box of letters from Antoinette to her sister in the convent.
(b) A package of various seeds for the spring garden.
(c) A package of shell casings.
(d) A package with two new books for Léonie and Thérèse.
14. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(a) Goes to confession.
(b) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
(c) Drinks two cups of coffee.
15. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
(a) That she is the Priest's daughter.
(b) That she was almost put up for adoption.
(c) That she is really Henri's child.
(d) That she has tantrums as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie allow Baptiste to do?
2. What is child sized?
3. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
4. What is Léonie feeling right now?
5. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)