|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps the central portion of the Quimper bowl?
2. What does Thérèse uncover in the basement?
(a) The original statue of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Thérèse's letters she thought had burned.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) The other red velvet shoe that belongs to Antoinette.
3. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Move to England with her cousin.
(b) Go to confession more often.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
4. About whom does Thérèse have violent dreams?
(c) Léonie .
5. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Dark and bleak.
(b) Filled with religious icons.
(c) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
(d) Light and airy.
6. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
(a) On a strip of grass near the shrine.
(b) In the church on a pew.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the barn.
7. What does Léonie do when she's feeling the way she is at the moment?
(a) Goes to confession.
(b) Takes an inventory of the objects in the house.
(c) Drinks two cups of coffee.
8. What is missing from the photographs?
(a) A photo of Victorine.
(b) A photo of Antoinette.
(c) A photo of Rose and Henri.
(d) A photo of Thérèse at her clothing ceremony.
9. What does Léonie think has stopped running?
(a) Her bath water.
(b) The grandfather clock downstairs.
(c) Her mother's old alarm clock.
(d) The water pump.
10. Who wants to show Léonie something?
11. Of what does Léonie accuse Thérèse?
(a) Having cheated Léonie out of half of Louis's estate.
(b) Having lied about Léonie's paternity.
(c) Having slept with Baptiste when they were young.
(d) Having lied about her visions so many years ago.
12. What does Léonie learn about the room in which she is staying?
(a) It was added on after WWII.
(b) It was the room in which Henri stayed as a child.
(c) Where the Jewish family was kept the night before the murders.
(d) It has a secret passageway behind one wall.
13. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
(a) The priest is going to perform an exorcism.
(b) There is a wild dog attacking children.
(c) So they have no more visions.
(d) So Baptiste and his friends leave them be.
14. Why is Louis in a rage?
(a) Because he dislikes the Priest.
(b) Because he cannot eat on his own.
(c) Because he hates broth.
(d) Because he misses Antoinette.
15. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The fish sauce.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The weather.
(d) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie do with a stream of sand in Thérèse's dream?
2. What does Léonie wish would break?
3. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
4. For what is Léonie searching when she moves forward through the room?
5. What is Léonie feeling right now?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)