|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
(a) To pick berries.
(b) To have them help her plant more apple trees.
(c) To teach them woods lore.
(d) To show them their ancestors' graves.
2. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
(a) Rides bareback on a horse while standing up.
(b) Shoots at pigeons on the rooftop.
(c) Treats some kittens cruelly.
(d) Swings down out of a tree to scare them.
3. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
(a) Baptiste killing a kitten.
(b) Léonie kneeling by a rock.
(c) The woman that Léonie had described.
(d) The black stag.
4. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
(a) A photograph of Thérèse dressed for her first communion.
(b) A photo of Léonie's mother.
(c) A photo of a German officer.
(d) A photo of Baptiste.
5. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Soeur Dosithée.
6. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As a safe haven.
(b) As common.
(c) As changeable.
(d) As a rickety old building.
7. What are the ladies discussing when the two girls decide to go down to the cellar?
(a) Who is likely to be the next woman to wed.
(b) The diagnosis of breast cancer that Antoinette has just received.
(c) Whether there is going to be a major war.
(d) If their husbands really like being tied down in marriage.
8. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
(a) That they should be respected.
(b) That the Jews put Jesus to death and compares them to the evil of Communists.
(c) That they steal children and raise them as Jews.
(d) That they should have the right to their own beliefs.
9. With what is Léonie fascinated?
(a) The family photographs.
(b) With how sharp the kitchen knives are.
(c) The way Thérèse is dressed.
(d) The way Baptiste cannot keep his eyes off Thérèse.
10. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
11. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
(a) That he loves his daughter very much.
(b) That he deserts the family and goes to the United States.
(c) That he was a German collaborator.
(d) How Louis and Maurice were friends and how Maurice helped hide the villagers' wine in the cellar.
12. What is one game the girls play?
(b) All for Love.
13. What does Léonie enjoy?
(a) The art of defecating.
(b) Going to neighbor's houses for dinner.
(c) Torturing kittens.
(d) Playing on the apple tree swing.
14. What does Léonie see in the woods?
(a) A black stag.
(b) Madeleine with Louis.
(c) Two woodsmen illegally chopping down a tree.
(d) A beautiful woman with olive skin dressed in red.
15. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(b) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(c) She feels homesick.
(d) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
2. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
3. What does Léonie still use?
4. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
5. How does Thérèse arrive?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)