|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie enjoy?
(a) Going to neighbor's houses for dinner.
(b) Playing on the apple tree swing.
(c) Torturing kittens.
(d) The art of defecating.
2. How does Thérèse feel in her clothes?
(c) Dressed up.
3. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
(b) Messes them up.
(c) Searches through them.
(d) Unpacks them.
4. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
5. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
(a) Has the shrine completely obliterated.
(b) Consecrates the shrine.
(c) He puts an end to the worship at the shrine, as well as to the dancing and festivities.
(d) Adds a cross to the shrine's altar.
6. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
(a) Wrap themselves in bandages.
(b) Force castor oil down the throat.
(c) They are only doctoring the doll.
(d) Tie the patient to the bed.
7. What does Léonie imagine she will do?
(a) Become a doctor and save people from cancer.
(b) Learn how to knit.
(c) She will make up her own rules when she is an adult.
(d) Become like Florence Nightingale and help sick people.
8. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
(a) As a society debutante.
(b) As a Church of England member.
(c) As a good Catholic.
(d) As one who will one day have a noble title to live up to.
9. How does Léonie help Louis?
(a) Raking the orchard.
(b) Spreading horse manure.
(c) Picking blueberries.
(d) Pulling weeds.
10. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
(a) The silver from the chest.
(b) Two goblets.
(c) A chalice.
(d) The antique Quimper bowl.
11. How does Thérèse arrive?
(a) By bus.
(b) On foot.
(c) By plane.
(d) By carrige.
12. Where will Thérèse sleep?
(a) In the tiny guest room in the back of the house.
(b) In a guest cottage near the main house.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the master bedroom where her parents slept.
13. What does Léonie tell the house?
(a) That she is sad for Louis.
(b) That she wishes she inherits this house.
(d) That she is glad her aunt is dead.
14. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
(a) When they are three.
(b) When they have both married.
(c) They never meet after they are babies.
(d) After years of separation.
15. Who watches Léonie as she drags the suitcase back and forth in her nightmare?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
2. What is one game the girls play?
3. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
4. Who is in trouble with the adults?
5. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)