|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thérèse refuse to eat?
(a) Because her mother is not eating.
(b) Because her father is not there.
(c) Because there is a famine at the time.
(d) Because she feels ugly and overweight.
2. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(a) Books about Jewish history and customs.
(c) Knitting wool.
3. When Léonie awakens, what does she realize?
(a) She is too scared to scream.
(b) The window has opened on its own.
(c) She has wet her bed.
(d) She is not alone in the bed.
4. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
(b) Unpacks them.
(c) Searches through them.
(d) Messes them up.
5. Who tells Thérèse to get up off the floor?
6. What happens after Thérèse settles in to her new home?
(a) She is independent.
(b) She is clingy and cries if her mother leaves the room, even for a moment.
(c) She becomes an angel in behavior.
(d) She never goes out of her room.
7. From where does the chandelier come?
(a) A glassblower in Germany.
(b) An Irish glass company.
(c) Therese's papa brought the chandelier from Italy for her mother.
(d) The scion of a noble English family.
8. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
(a) To show them their ancestors' graves.
(b) To teach them woods lore.
(c) To have them help her plant more apple trees.
(d) To pick berries.
9. What does Léonie enjoy?
(a) Torturing kittens.
(b) Playing on the apple tree swing.
(c) The art of defecating.
(d) Going to neighbor's houses for dinner.
10. What color of eyes does everyone in the area seem to have?
(a) It varies.
(c) Dark brown.
11. Who relishes her breakfast the next morning though Louis and Thérèse refuse to eat?
12. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
(a) Pray over it.
(c) Nothing. They know the doll can't be dead.
(d) Give CPR.
13. Who is in trouble with the adults?
(a) Baptiste and his male friends.
(b) Léonie and Thérèse.
(c) Léonie and Baptiste.
(d) No one.s
14. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
(a) Two goblets.
(b) A chalice.
(c) The silver from the chest.
(d) The antique Quimper bowl.
15. Where do Thérèse and Léonie walk?
(a) Into the living room.
(b) Into the kitchen.
(c) Into the conservatory.
(d) Upstairs to the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
2. When is Léonie's birthday?
3. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
4. What does Louis suffer after Antoinette dies?
5. Who kept the letters Antoinette sent to her during Thérèse's infancy?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)