Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
(b) The officers.
(c) Only the section administrator.
(d) The ranking enlisted and officers.
2. What happens to what the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) The gardener kills them.
(b) Henri says it was from when they made wine.
(c) The cook is making a white sauce with them.
(d) Antoinette tosses it in the fire.
3. Who tells ThÃ©rÃ¨se to get up off the floor?
4. When the two girls go downstairs, what do they find?
(a) Antoinette is feeling very much better.
(b) Madeleine singing the Hail Mary.
(c) Louis is giving his wife a sip of water.
(d) Antoinette has died and Louis is sleeping with his head against Madeleine's shoulder.
5. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise ThÃ©rÃ¨se?
(a) For listening to him and LÃ©onie making love many years ago.
(b) Because she rejects his marriage proposal many years ago.
(c) For encouraging him to marry LÃ©onie.
(d) Because he hates her father.
6. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
(b) Red velvet shoe.
(c) An old wine bottle.
(d) Two baby mice.
7. What do the girls do after being exhausted from fighting?
(a) Go play with the kittens in the barn.
(b) Go downstairs for hot chocolate.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Have a sexual encounter.
8. What does ThÃ©rÃ¨se do as she walks through the house?
(a) Tells Henri about each piece of furniture.
(b) Turns lights on and off in the rooms.
(c) Decides what she wants from each room.
(d) Sits and remembers her childhood in each room.
9. What does Antoinette describe in the letters?
(a) How LÃ©onie was always jealous of ThÃ©rÃ¨se.
(b) How ThÃ©rÃ¨se's father is having an affair.
(c) How ThÃ©rÃ¨se is such a quiet baby.
(d) How Rose TaillÃ© took the baby in because she lost her own baby the week before.
10. What does ThÃ©rÃ¨se mix that she hasn't done in many years?
(a) The potting soil with clay.
(b) The dog food.
(c) An alcoholic drink.
(d) Chocolate cake.
11. What does LÃ©onie tell the house?
(a) That she is glad her aunt is dead.
(b) That she is sad for Louis.
(c) That she wishes she inherits this house.
12. When LÃ©onie awakens, what does she realize?
(a) She has wet her bed.
(b) The window has opened on its own.
(c) She is not alone in the bed.
(d) She is too scared to scream.
13. Who does LÃ©onie believe stole her soul?
(a) No one; she still believes she has a soul.
(c) The devil.
(d) The priest who molests her.
14. The novel begins with the description of what?
(a) The farm house.
(b) The barn.
(c) Michael's favorite horse.
(d) A nightmare.
15. What does ThÃ©rÃ¨se do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
(a) Cuddles up to her mother immediately.
(b) Responds to nothing and is absolutely quiet.
(c) Goes into a catatonic phase.
(d) Cries for the entire evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staring angrily at ThÃ©rÃ¨se as the front door opens?
2. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
3. What does LÃ©onie still use?
4. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
5. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)