|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(d) Soeur Dosithée.
2. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(b) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(c) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
(d) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
3. Why does Madeleine defend Léonie's action of going down to the cellar?
(a) Because Léonie is her daughter.
(b) She tells Antoinette that Léonie was just curious because of a story Madeleine has told Léonie.
(c) Because Madeleine asks Léonie to go get some wine from the cellar.
(d) Because Madeleine thinks everyone picks on Léonie.
4. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(b) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(c) She feels homesick.
(d) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
5. What does Antoinette do under the influence of morphine?
(a) Has nightmares and moves in her sleep.
(b) Sleeps as if dead.
(c) Tells Louis that he is not her husband.
(d) They did not have morphine at that time.
6. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
(a) That they steal children and raise them as Jews.
(b) That they should have the right to their own beliefs.
(c) That they should be respected.
(d) That the Jews put Jesus to death and compares them to the evil of Communists.
7. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) A year.
(b) 20 years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) 40 years.
8. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
(a) Pray over it.
(b) Give CPR.
(c) Nothing. They know the doll can't be dead.
9. What happens when the two girls return from the roof?
(a) They fall asleep in each other's arms.
(b) They fight over who gets what side of the bed.
(c) They play a game of checkers.
(d) Thérèse begins her first menstrual cycle.
10. What does Antoinette wish?
(a) That the girls are not so fair-haired.
(b) That Henri had lived to see the girls.
(c) That the girls were sisters.
(d) That Antoinette had married Thérèse's father.
11. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(b) Knitting wool.
(c) Books about Jewish history and customs.
12. What does Thérèse notice as the only things that have changed?
(a) The bedspreades.
(b) The curtins.
(c) The wallpaper.
(d) The appliances.
13. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Two baby mice.
(b) An old wine bottle.
(c) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
(d) Red velvet shoe.
14. Who relishes her breakfast the next morning though Louis and Thérèse refuse to eat?
15. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Unpacks them.
(b) Messes them up.
(c) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
(d) Searches through them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to what the girls bring up from the cellar?
2. What does Léonie do after Louis leaves the bathroom?
3. What is one game the girls play?
4. What does Léonie enjoy?
5. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)