|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
(a) Death, judgment, heaven, and hell.
(b) Death, judgment, angels, sacrifice.
(c) Death, sacrifice, angels, heaven.
(d) Death, sin, heaven and angels.
2. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Searches through them.
(b) Unpacks them.
(c) Messes them up.
(d) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
3. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
(a) To show them their ancestors' graves.
(b) To teach them woods lore.
(c) To pick berries.
(d) To have them help her plant more apple trees.
4. What happens when the two girls return from the roof?
(a) They fight over who gets what side of the bed.
(b) They fall asleep in each other's arms.
(c) Thérèse begins her first menstrual cycle.
(d) They play a game of checkers.
5. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
(a) A photo of a German officer.
(b) A photo of Léonie's mother.
(c) A photo of Baptiste.
(d) A photograph of Thérèse dressed for her first communion.
6. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
(a) As a society debutante.
(b) As one who will one day have a noble title to live up to.
(c) As a good Catholic.
(d) As a Church of England member.
7. Who convinces Thérèse to eat?
8. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
(b) No one.
9. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(b) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(c) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(d) She feels homesick.
10. What does Léonie imagine she will do?
(a) Become like Florence Nightingale and help sick people.
(b) She will make up her own rules when she is an adult.
(c) Learn how to knit.
(d) Become a doctor and save people from cancer.
11. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
(a) The antique Quimper bowl.
(b) A chalice.
(c) The silver from the chest.
(d) Two goblets.
12. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise Thérèse?
(a) For listening to him and Léonie making love many years ago.
(b) For encouraging him to marry Léonie.
(c) Because she rejects his marriage proposal many years ago.
(d) Because he hates her father.
13. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) A year.
14. Who watches Léonie as she drags the suitcase back and forth in her nightmare?
15. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ladies discussing when the two girls decide to go down to the cellar?
2. What does Léonie see in the woods?
3. Who chases Léonie?
4. Where will Thérèse sleep?
5. What happens to what the girls bring up from the cellar?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)