|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept the letters Antoinette sent to her during Thérèse's infancy?
(b) Soeur Dosithée.
2. Who took the photograph of Léonie and Thérèse?
(d) Soi Maria.
3. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
4. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
(a) The ranking enlisted and officers.
(b) Only the section administrator.
(c) The officers.
5. How does Léonie help Louis?
(a) Pulling weeds.
(b) Picking blueberries.
(c) Raking the orchard.
(d) Spreading horse manure.
6. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
(a) A photo of Léonie's mother.
(b) A photo of Baptiste.
(c) A photograph of Thérèse dressed for her first communion.
(d) A photo of a German officer.
7. What happens when Léonie goes down to the cellar floor?
(a) She finds bones.
(b) Her light goes out.
(c) She meets an elderly man.
(d) She sees hundreds of bottles of wine.
8. With what is Léonie fascinated?
(a) The way Thérèse is dressed.
(b) The way Baptiste cannot keep his eyes off Thérèse.
(c) The family photographs.
(d) With how sharp the kitchen knives are.
9. What does Antoinette describe in the letters?
(a) How Rose Taillé took the baby in because she lost her own baby the week before.
(b) How Léonie was always jealous of Thérèse.
(c) How Thérèse's father is having an affair.
(d) How Thérèse is such a quiet baby.
10. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
11. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
(a) The antique Quimper bowl.
(b) The silver from the chest.
(c) Two goblets.
(d) A chalice.
12. What is one game the girls play?
(c) All for Love.
13. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Red velvet shoe.
(b) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
(c) Two baby mice.
(d) An old wine bottle.
14. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As a rickety old building.
(b) As changeable.
(c) As a safe haven.
(d) As common.
15. What does Louis suffer after Antoinette dies?
(a) Feelings of confusion.
(b) A feeling of relief.
(c) A period of intense grief.
(d) Feelings of guilt since he had been tired of caring for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
2. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
3. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. From where does the chandelier come?
5. How much longer does Antoinette live?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)