|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
(a) When they have both married.
(b) When they are three.
(c) They never meet after they are babies.
(d) After years of separation.
2. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
(a) Léonie has been teaching school in France.
(b) Léonie has been in an insane asylum.
(c) Léonie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
(d) Léonie has been living in America.
3. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(a) Knitting wool.
(d) Books about Jewish history and customs.
4. Who relishes her breakfast the next morning though Louis and Thérèse refuse to eat?
5. What do the girls do after being exhausted from fighting?
(a) Go downstairs for hot chocolate.
(b) Have a sexual encounter.
(c) Go play with the kittens in the barn.
(d) Go to sleep.
6. What does Léonie enjoy?
(a) The art of defecating.
(b) Going to neighbor's houses for dinner.
(c) Torturing kittens.
(d) Playing on the apple tree swing.
7. Where do Thérèse and Léonie walk?
(a) Into the living room.
(b) Upstairs to the library.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Into the conservatory.
8. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Red velvet shoe.
(b) An old wine bottle.
(c) Two baby mice.
(d) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
9. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise Thérèse?
(a) Because she rejects his marriage proposal many years ago.
(b) For encouraging him to marry Léonie.
(c) Because he hates her father.
(d) For listening to him and Léonie making love many years ago.
10. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(d) Soeur Dosithée.
11. What has Léonie pretended for 20 years?
(a) That Thérèse would come and they could be together again.
(b) That Thérèse is dead.
(c) That Baptiste is the man she loves.
(d) That the house belongs to her.
12. Who took the photograph of Léonie and Thérèse?
(d) Soi Maria.
13. What does Thérèse notice that Léonie has done?
(a) Knitted stockings for Thérèse.
(b) Put old sheets on her bed.
(c) Taken care in setting the table.
(d) Started allowing the cats and dogs in the house.
14. Who convinces Thérèse to eat?
15. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
(a) Baptiste killing a kitten.
(b) The woman that Léonie had described.
(c) Léonie kneeling by a rock.
(d) The black stag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
2. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
3. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
4. What color of eyes does everyone in the area seem to have?
5. With what is Léonie fascinated?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)