|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
(a) The ranking enlisted and officers.
(c) The officers.
(d) Only the section administrator.
2. Who tells Thérèse to get up off the floor?
3. What color of eyes does everyone in the area seem to have?
(a) It varies.
(c) Dark brown.
4. How does Thérèse arrive?
(a) By plane.
(b) By bus.
(c) On foot.
(d) By carrige.
5. What happens when Léonie goes down to the cellar floor?
(a) She sees hundreds of bottles of wine.
(b) She meets an elderly man.
(c) She finds bones.
(d) Her light goes out.
6. What does Léonie do after Louis leaves the bathroom?
(a) Goes in and stares at the toiletries and soap in the bathroom.
(b) Lies in the haystack with Louis.
(c) Goes outside with Louis while he washes at the pump.
(d) Goes into the bathroom and takes a shower.
7. What does Louis suffer after Antoinette dies?
(a) A feeling of relief.
(b) A period of intense grief.
(c) Feelings of guilt since he had been tired of caring for her.
(d) Feelings of confusion.
8. With what is Léonie fascinated?
(a) The family photographs.
(b) With how sharp the kitchen knives are.
(c) The way Thérèse is dressed.
(d) The way Baptiste cannot keep his eyes off Thérèse.
9. What happens after Thérèse settles in to her new home?
(a) She is clingy and cries if her mother leaves the room, even for a moment.
(b) She becomes an angel in behavior.
(c) She is independent.
(d) She never goes out of her room.
10. What does Léonie tell the house?
(a) That she is glad her aunt is dead.
(c) That she wishes she inherits this house.
(d) That she is sad for Louis.
11. Who watches Léonie as she drags the suitcase back and forth in her nightmare?
12. What does Antoinette wish?
(a) That the girls were sisters.
(b) That Antoinette had married Thérèse's father.
(c) That the girls are not so fair-haired.
(d) That Henri had lived to see the girls.
13. What happens to what the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Antoinette tosses it in the fire.
(b) The cook is making a white sauce with them.
(c) Henri says it was from when they made wine.
(d) The gardener kills them.
14. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
(a) The antique Quimper bowl.
(b) A chalice.
(c) The silver from the chest.
(d) Two goblets.
15. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Soeur Dosithée.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse notice that Léonie has done?
2. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
3. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
4. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
5. Why does Madeleine move Léonie into Thérèse's room?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)