Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette wish?
(a) That Henri had lived to see the girls.
(b) That Antoinette had married Thérèse's father.
(c) That the girls are not so fair-haired.
(d) That the girls were sisters.
2. What does Antoinette do under the influence of morphine?
(a) Sleeps as if dead.
(b) Tells Louis that he is not her husband.
(c) Has nightmares and moves in her sleep.
(d) They did not have morphine at that time.
3. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
(a) Sits and remembers her childhood in each room.
(b) Decides what she wants from each room.
(c) Tells Henri about each piece of furniture.
(d) Turns lights on and off in the rooms.
4. When the two girls go downstairs, what do they find?
(a) Louis is giving his wife a sip of water.
(b) Madeleine singing the Hail Mary.
(c) Antoinette has died and Louis is sleeping with his head against Madeleine's shoulder.
(d) Antoinette is feeling very much better.
5. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(b) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(c) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(d) She feels homesick.
6. What does Léonie enjoy?
(a) The art of defecating.
(b) Going to neighbor's houses for dinner.
(c) Torturing kittens.
(d) Playing on the apple tree swing.
7. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
8. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
(a) Pray over it.
(b) Give CPR.
(d) Nothing. They know the doll can't be dead.
9. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(d) Soeur Dosithée.
10. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
(a) That it does not look good.
(b) Nothing; he does not want to scare her.
(c) That it may not be cancer after all.
(d) That it will just take a little surgery and she'll be fine.
11. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
(a) Death, judgment, heaven, and hell.
(b) Death, sin, heaven and angels.
(c) Death, sacrifice, angels, heaven.
(d) Death, judgment, angels, sacrifice.
12. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) 40 years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) 20 years.
13. After Madeleine defends Léonie, how does Antoinette act?
(a) She is still clearly upset.
(b) She forbids anyone to go down into the cellar anymore.
(c) She insists that Léonie be whipped.
(d) She smiles and says it's alright.
14. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(b) Books about Jewish history and customs.
(c) Knitting wool.
15. With what is Léonie fascinated?
(a) The way Thérèse is dressed.
(b) The way Baptiste cannot keep his eyes off Thérèse.
(c) The family photographs.
(d) With how sharp the kitchen knives are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
2. Who tells Thérèse to get up off the floor?
3. Where do Thérèse and Léonie walk?
4. How does Thérèse arrive?
5. What does Léonie see in the woods?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)