|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
(a) If French people are smarter than English people.
(b) Whether it is right to still be angry with German collaborators.
(c) French and English food.
(d) Why horses don't lie down to sleep.
2. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) A year.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(a) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
4. What happens when the two girls return from the roof?
(a) They fight over who gets what side of the bed.
(b) They fall asleep in each other's arms.
(c) Thérèse begins her first menstrual cycle.
(d) They play a game of checkers.
5. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
6. What is one game the girls play?
(c) All for Love.
7. What does Léonie tell the house?
(a) That she wishes she inherits this house.
(b) That she is glad her aunt is dead.
(d) That she is sad for Louis.
8. What does Thérèse notice as the only things that have changed?
(a) The wallpaper.
(b) The appliances.
(c) The bedspreades.
(d) The curtins.
9. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
(a) She is dead; killed by angry townsfolk.
(b) Runs a bakery in town.
(c) She moves to Germany with her lover.
(d) She is in an insane asylum.
10. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
(c) No one.
11. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Messes them up.
(b) Unpacks them.
(c) Searches through them.
(d) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
12. What do the girls do after being exhausted from fighting?
(a) Go play with the kittens in the barn.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Go downstairs for hot chocolate.
(d) Have a sexual encounter.
13. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
14. Who is in trouble with the adults?
(a) Léonie and Baptiste.
(b) Léonie and Thérèse.
(c) No one.s
(d) Baptiste and his male friends.
15. Why does Madeleine move Léonie into Thérèse's room?
(a) To stop Thérèse from being so obsessed with praying.
(b) To torment Thérèse.
(c) To punish Léonie.
(d) Hoping the two girls will begin to like each other better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
2. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise Thérèse?
3. What does Thérèse notice that Léonie has done?
4. What does Thérèse mix that she hasn't done in many years?
5. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)