|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls do after being exhausted from fighting?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Go play with the kittens in the barn.
(c) Go downstairs for hot chocolate.
(d) Have a sexual encounter.
2. What happens to what the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Henri says it was from when they made wine.
(b) Antoinette tosses it in the fire.
(c) The gardener kills them.
(d) The cook is making a white sauce with them.
3. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
(a) Because it smells to strongly of vinegar.
(b) Because it is where her mother makes her stand when she is bad.
(c) Because she has seen a ghost there.
(d) Because Victorine and Antoinette discuss her mother's illness here.
4. Who is in trouble with the adults?
(a) No one.s
(b) Baptiste and his male friends.
(c) Léonie and Baptiste.
(d) Léonie and Thérèse.
5. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
6. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Unpacks them.
(b) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
(c) Messes them up.
(d) Searches through them.
7. How does Léonie help Louis?
(a) Raking the orchard.
(b) Spreading horse manure.
(c) Pulling weeds.
(d) Picking blueberries.
8. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
(a) After years of separation.
(b) They never meet after they are babies.
(c) When they have both married.
(d) When they are three.
9. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
(a) Adds a cross to the shrine's altar.
(b) Has the shrine completely obliterated.
(c) Consecrates the shrine.
(d) He puts an end to the worship at the shrine, as well as to the dancing and festivities.
10. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
(a) Léonie has been in an insane asylum.
(b) Léonie has been teaching school in France.
(c) Léonie has been living in America.
(d) Léonie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
11. When Léonie awakens, what does she realize?
(a) The window has opened on its own.
(b) She is not alone in the bed.
(c) She has wet her bed.
(d) She is too scared to scream.
12. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
(a) Nothing; he does not want to scare her.
(b) That it may not be cancer after all.
(c) That it will just take a little surgery and she'll be fine.
(d) That it does not look good.
13. What happens after Thérèse settles in to her new home?
(a) She is clingy and cries if her mother leaves the room, even for a moment.
(b) She is independent.
(c) She becomes an angel in behavior.
(d) She never goes out of her room.
14. Who does Léonie believe stole her soul?
(a) The priest who molests her.
(b) No one; she still believes she has a soul.
(c) The devil.
15. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
(a) That the Jews put Jesus to death and compares them to the evil of Communists.
(b) That they should have the right to their own beliefs.
(c) That they should be respected.
(d) That they steal children and raise them as Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
2. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
3. Where do Thérèse and Léonie walk?
4. What does Thérèse notice that Léonie has done?
5. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)