|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
(a) Force castor oil down the throat.
(b) Wrap themselves in bandages.
(c) Tie the patient to the bed.
(d) They are only doctoring the doll.
2. What happens when the two girls return from the roof?
(a) They play a game of checkers.
(b) Thérèse begins her first menstrual cycle.
(c) They fight over who gets what side of the bed.
(d) They fall asleep in each other's arms.
3. What does Léonie enjoy?
(a) Teasing Thérèse unmercifully.
(b) Climbing the apple tree everyday while visiting Thérèse.
(c) Brushing her hair one-hundred strokes every night.
(d) Being a foreigner for a change.
4. What happens after Thérèse settles in to her new home?
(a) She becomes an angel in behavior.
(b) She never goes out of her room.
(c) She is clingy and cries if her mother leaves the room, even for a moment.
(d) She is independent.
5. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She feels homesick.
(b) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(c) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(d) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
6. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(c) Torn-up letters and broken glass.
(d) Chewing gum.
7. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
(a) A photo of Léonie's mother.
(b) A photograph of Thérèse dressed for her first communion.
(c) A photo of Baptiste.
(d) A photo of a German officer.
8. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
9. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
(a) Because Victorine and Antoinette discuss her mother's illness here.
(b) Because she has seen a ghost there.
(c) Because it smells to strongly of vinegar.
(d) Because it is where her mother makes her stand when she is bad.
10. Where will Thérèse sleep?
(a) In the tiny guest room in the back of the house.
(b) In the master bedroom where her parents slept.
(c) In a guest cottage near the main house.
(d) In the attic.
11. Why does Madeleine move Léonie into Thérèse's room?
(a) To torment Thérèse.
(b) To stop Thérèse from being so obsessed with praying.
(c) To punish Léonie.
(d) Hoping the two girls will begin to like each other better.
12. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
(b) No one.
13. From where does the chandelier come?
(a) An Irish glass company.
(b) A glassblower in Germany.
(c) Therese's papa brought the chandelier from Italy for her mother.
(d) The scion of a noble English family.
14. How does Thérèse feel in her clothes?
(d) Dressed up.
15. Who is in trouble with the adults?
(a) No one.s
(b) Léonie and Thérèse.
(c) Baptiste and his male friends.
(d) Léonie and Baptiste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
2. After Madeleine defends Léonie, how does Antoinette act?
3. What does Antoinette wish?
4. With what is Léonie fascinated?
5. Who tells Thérèse to get up off the floor?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)