|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(b) Knitting wool.
(d) Books about Jewish history and customs.
2. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) A year.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) Two weeks.
3. How much longer does Antoinette live?
(a) Three more years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Another year.
(d) Three months.
4. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(b) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(c) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(d) She feels homesick.
5. What happens when the two girls return from the roof?
(a) They fight over who gets what side of the bed.
(b) Thérèse begins her first menstrual cycle.
(c) They fall asleep in each other's arms.
(d) They play a game of checkers.
6. Who kept the letters Antoinette sent to her during Thérèse's infancy?
(d) Soeur Dosithée.
7. Why does Madeleine move Léonie into Thérèse's room?
(a) Hoping the two girls will begin to like each other better.
(b) To punish Léonie.
(c) To torment Thérèse.
(d) To stop Thérèse from being so obsessed with praying.
8. What does Antoinette do under the influence of morphine?
(a) They did not have morphine at that time.
(b) Has nightmares and moves in her sleep.
(c) Sleeps as if dead.
(d) Tells Louis that he is not her husband.
9. Who relishes her breakfast the next morning though Louis and Thérèse refuse to eat?
10. What does Léonie do after Louis leaves the bathroom?
(a) Goes outside with Louis while he washes at the pump.
(b) Goes in and stares at the toiletries and soap in the bathroom.
(c) Goes into the bathroom and takes a shower.
(d) Lies in the haystack with Louis.
11. What does Léonie tell the house?
(a) That she wishes she inherits this house.
(c) That she is glad her aunt is dead.
(d) That she is sad for Louis.
12. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
(a) Because Victorine and Antoinette discuss her mother's illness here.
(b) Because it smells to strongly of vinegar.
(c) Because she has seen a ghost there.
(d) Because it is where her mother makes her stand when she is bad.
13. Why does Madeleine defend Léonie's action of going down to the cellar?
(a) She tells Antoinette that Léonie was just curious because of a story Madeleine has told Léonie.
(b) Because Léonie is her daughter.
(c) Because Madeleine thinks everyone picks on Léonie.
(d) Because Madeleine asks Léonie to go get some wine from the cellar.
14. What does Léonie see in the woods?
(a) A beautiful woman with olive skin dressed in red.
(b) Madeleine with Louis.
(c) A black stag.
(d) Two woodsmen illegally chopping down a tree.
15. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
(a) Death, sin, heaven and angels.
(b) Death, judgment, heaven, and hell.
(c) Death, judgment, angels, sacrifice.
(d) Death, sacrifice, angels, heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chases Léonie?
2. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
3. What does Léonie still use?
4. What does Thérèse notice as the only things that have changed?
5. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)