|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
(a) When they have both married.
(b) After years of separation.
(c) They never meet after they are babies.
(d) When they are three.
2. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(b) She feels homesick.
(c) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(d) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
3. What does Thérèse notice as the only things that have changed?
(a) The appliances.
(b) The curtins.
(c) The wallpaper.
(d) The bedspreades.
4. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Soeur Dosithée.
5. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise Thérèse?
(a) For listening to him and Léonie making love many years ago.
(b) Because she rejects his marriage proposal many years ago.
(c) Because he hates her father.
(d) For encouraging him to marry Léonie.
6. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
(a) Nothing. They know the doll can't be dead.
(c) Pray over it.
(d) Give CPR.
7. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(a) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
8. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As a safe haven.
(b) As changeable.
(c) As common.
(d) As a rickety old building.
9. What does Thérèse mix that she hasn't done in many years?
(a) The potting soil with clay.
(b) Chocolate cake.
(c) An alcoholic drink.
(d) The dog food.
10. Who does Léonie believe stole her soul?
(a) No one; she still believes she has a soul.
(b) The priest who molests her.
(c) The devil.
11. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
(a) He puts an end to the worship at the shrine, as well as to the dancing and festivities.
(b) Consecrates the shrine.
(c) Adds a cross to the shrine's altar.
(d) Has the shrine completely obliterated.
12. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
(a) To show them their ancestors' graves.
(b) To pick berries.
(c) To teach them woods lore.
(d) To have them help her plant more apple trees.
13. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
(a) A photo of Léonie's mother.
(b) A photo of a German officer.
(c) A photo of Baptiste.
(d) A photograph of Thérèse dressed for her first communion.
14. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
15. Where will Thérèse sleep?
(a) In a guest cottage near the main house.
(b) In the master bedroom where her parents slept.
(c) In the tiny guest room in the back of the house.
(d) In the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
2. When the two girls go downstairs, what do they find?
3. What happens when the two girls return from the roof?
4. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
5. From where does the chandelier come?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)