|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, The Alarm Clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(b) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(c) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(d) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
2. What does the priest think Thérèse needs to do?
(a) Move to England with her cousin.
(b) Marry as soon as possible now that her monthly cycles have come.
(c) Go to confession more often.
(d) Become a nun.
3. Who did Thérèse substitute for her mother after her mother dies?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
4. What does Léonie do after Louis leaves the bathroom?
(a) Lies in the haystack with Louis.
(b) Goes outside with Louis while he washes at the pump.
(c) Goes into the bathroom and takes a shower.
(d) Goes in and stares at the toiletries and soap in the bathroom.
5. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The weather.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The fish sauce.
(d) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette do under the influence of morphine?
2. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
3. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
4. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
5. What do the girls do after being exhausted from fighting?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)