|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, The Alarm Clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie imagine she will do?
(a) Become a doctor and save people from cancer.
(b) Become like Florence Nightingale and help sick people.
(c) Learn how to knit.
(d) She will make up her own rules when she is an adult.
2. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
(b) Filled with religious icons.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Dark and bleak.
3. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(b) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(c) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
(d) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
4. What problem does Léonie try to resolve?
(a) Of when two objects are distinct from each other yet the same.
(b) As to whether she or Thérèse would inherit the house.
(c) Of how she and Thérèse could have both seen the same vision.
(d) As to whether she could make Baptiste like her.
5. What does Thérèse do for her mother?
(a) Reads to her in bed.
(b) Takes her tea three times a day.
(c) Combs and braids her hair everyday.
(d) She makes herself suffer in small ways so that her mother will suffer less in purgatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Léonie believe stole her soul?
2. Who is in trouble with the adults?
3. What does Antoinette wish?
4. What does Thérèse scream as she runs out of the church?
5. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)