|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, The Alarm Clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(c) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
2. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
(a) Because it is where her mother makes her stand when she is bad.
(b) Because it smells to strongly of vinegar.
(c) Because Victorine and Antoinette discuss her mother's illness here.
(d) Because she has seen a ghost there.
3. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
4. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
(a) Death, judgment, heaven, and hell.
(b) Death, judgment, angels, sacrifice.
(c) Death, sin, heaven and angels.
(d) Death, sacrifice, angels, heaven.
5. Who chases Léonie?
(a) Some German soldiers.
(b) Antoinette's ghost.
(c) A middle-aged man who is angry that she buys bread from the traitor.
(d) A group of boys led by Baptiste.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
2. Who cares for Thérèse the first year and a half of her life?
3. What milestone occurs in Léonie's life?
4. What does Thérèse mix that she hasn't done in many years?
5. What does Thérèse notice as the only things that have changed?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)