|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, The Alarm Clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Léonie afraid of being alone in the room where she is sleeping?
(a) The branch outside the window taps on the glass in the wind.
(b) She hears people chanting and crying.
(c) She knows her great-grandmother dies in this room.
(d) Because it is pitch black inside the windowless room.
2. What is in the package the mail carrier throws over the gate?
(a) A package of shell casings.
(b) A box of letters from Antoinette to her sister in the convent.
(c) A package of various seeds for the spring garden.
(d) A package with two new books for Léonie and Thérèse.
3. What does Léonie see in the woods?
(a) A beautiful woman with olive skin dressed in red.
(b) A black stag.
(c) Madeleine with Louis.
(d) Two woodsmen illegally chopping down a tree.
4. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
(a) Handling pieces of the Quimper bowl.
(b) Leading the bull to the cow pasture.
(c) Talking with Madeleine about Antoinette.
(d) Sleeping in the sun.
5. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Light and airy.
(b) Filled with religious icons.
(c) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
(d) Dark and bleak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has died at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
3. Who does Baptiste kiss?
4. The novel begins with the description of what?
5. What does Léonie ask her mother?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)