|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, The Alarm Clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A glass of sherry.
(d) A large piece of cake.
2. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As a safe haven.
(b) As changeable.
(c) As common.
(d) As a rickety old building.
3. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
(a) Having tea with the Queen.
(b) Playing a game where they spin on the spot until one of them falls.
(c) Dying in a concentration camp.
(d) Running through the heather.
4. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
5. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise Thérèse?
(a) Because he hates her father.
(b) For encouraging him to marry Léonie.
(c) Because she rejects his marriage proposal many years ago.
(d) For listening to him and Léonie making love many years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette describe in the letters?
2. Where will Thérèse sleep?
3. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
4. Who does the priest compliment on the fish?
5. What does Thérèse feel the bishop and the others want?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)