|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44, The Washing-Up Bowl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette do under the influence of morphine?
(a) Sleeps as if dead.
(b) Has nightmares and moves in her sleep.
(c) They did not have morphine at that time.
(d) Tells Louis that he is not her husband.
2. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
3. Who does Léonie believe stole her soul?
(a) The priest who molests her.
(b) The devil.
(c) No one; she still believes she has a soul.
4. What does Léonie dream in the nightmare at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) That she is about to be buried alive in the cellar.
(b) That Madeleine's head is rolling down the cellar steps.
(c) That Antoinette's red suitcase is tied up in scarlet cloth.
(d) That Thérèse nails Léonie to a cross.
5. What are the ladies discussing when the two girls decide to go down to the cellar?
(a) Who is likely to be the next woman to wed.
(b) Whether there is going to be a major war.
(c) If their husbands really like being tied down in marriage.
(d) The diagnosis of breast cancer that Antoinette has just received.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
2. What does Thérèse notice that Léonie has done?
3. Who is in trouble with the adults?
4. What does Léonie imagine she will do?
5. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)