|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44, The Washing-Up Bowl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madeleine defend Léonie's action of going down to the cellar?
(a) Because Madeleine asks Léonie to go get some wine from the cellar.
(b) She tells Antoinette that Léonie was just curious because of a story Madeleine has told Léonie.
(c) Because Léonie is her daughter.
(d) Because Madeleine thinks everyone picks on Léonie.
2. Who is skeptical about Thérèse's vision?
(a) The bishop.
(b) The curé.
3. Why does Thérèse bang her head against the floor?
(a) Because she feels her thoughts are off-track.
(b) Because she is trying to awaken her mother in the room below.
(c) Because she has a brain tumor and is not in control of her actions.
(d) Because she believes if she hurts her head, she will think pure thoughts.
4. Who betrays Henri and Rose to the Nazis?
(a) The bakery girl.
(b) The Priest.
(c) A disgruntled farm hand.
(d) It is never learned who is the informant.
5. Who is trying to avoid Louis' return?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louis doing in his workshop?
2. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
3. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
4. What do the two girls criticize?
5. How is Thérèse in competition with Madeleine?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)