|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44, The Washing-Up Bowl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
(a) Léonie has been teaching school in France.
(b) Léonie has been living in America.
(c) Léonie has been in an insane asylum.
(d) Léonie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
2. When is Léonie's birthday?
(a) A year to the day later.
(b) Just a week after Thérèse's.
(c) The same day as Thérèse's.
(d) 2 weeks before Thérèse's.
3. Who kept the letters Antoinette sent to her during Thérèse's infancy?
(b) Soeur Dosithée.
4. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(b) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(c) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(d) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
5. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise Thérèse?
(a) For listening to him and Léonie making love many years ago.
(b) Because he hates her father.
(c) Because she rejects his marriage proposal many years ago.
(d) For encouraging him to marry Léonie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
2. What happens after Thérèse settles in to her new home?
3. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
4. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
5. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)