|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, The Onyx Ashtray | Chapter 40, The Fish Kettle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(b) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(c) She feels homesick.
(d) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
2. What does Thérèse do for her mother?
(a) Takes her tea three times a day.
(b) Reads to her in bed.
(c) Combs and braids her hair everyday.
(d) She makes herself suffer in small ways so that her mother will suffer less in purgatory.
3. What does Léonie dream in the nightmare at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) That she is about to be buried alive in the cellar.
(b) That Antoinette's red suitcase is tied up in scarlet cloth.
(c) That Madeleine's head is rolling down the cellar steps.
(d) That Thérèse nails Léonie to a cross.
4. How does Thérèse feel in her clothes?
(d) Dressed up.
5. What is the interior of the priest's house like?
(a) Filled with religious icons.
(b) Dark and bleak.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Decorated like it was the home of a soldier rather than a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
2. Who is juggling oranges?
3. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
4. From where does the chandelier come?
5. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)