|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madeleine defend Léonie's action of going down to the cellar?
(a) Because Madeleine asks Léonie to go get some wine from the cellar.
(b) She tells Antoinette that Léonie was just curious because of a story Madeleine has told Léonie.
(c) Because Léonie is her daughter.
(d) Because Madeleine thinks everyone picks on Léonie.
2. What are the ladies discussing when the two girls decide to go down to the cellar?
(a) Whether there is going to be a major war.
(b) The diagnosis of breast cancer that Antoinette has just received.
(c) If their husbands really like being tied down in marriage.
(d) Who is likely to be the next woman to wed.
3. How does Thérèse arrive?
(a) By plane.
(b) By carrige.
(c) By bus.
(d) On foot.
4. Who kept the letters Antoinette sent to her during Thérèse's infancy?
(d) Soeur Dosithée.
5. Who convinces Thérèse to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette wish?
2. What does Thérèse mix that she hasn't done in many years?
3. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
4. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
5. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)