|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cares for Thérèse the first year and a half of her life?
2. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She feels homesick.
(b) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(c) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(d) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
3. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
(a) How Louis and Maurice were friends and how Maurice helped hide the villagers' wine in the cellar.
(b) That he loves his daughter very much.
(c) That he deserts the family and goes to the United States.
(d) That he was a German collaborator.
4. What happens to what the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) The cook is making a white sauce with them.
(b) Henri says it was from when they made wine.
(c) Antoinette tosses it in the fire.
(d) The gardener kills them.
5. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
(b) Pray over it.
(c) Nothing. They know the doll can't be dead.
(d) Give CPR.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
2. What happens when Léonie goes down to the cellar floor?
3. Why does Thérèse bang her head against the floor?
4. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
5. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)