|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
(a) Cries for the entire evening.
(b) Cuddles up to her mother immediately.
(c) Goes into a catatonic phase.
(d) Responds to nothing and is absolutely quiet.
2. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) A year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
(a) Tie the patient to the bed.
(b) Wrap themselves in bandages.
(c) They are only doctoring the doll.
(d) Force castor oil down the throat.
4. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
(a) Runs a bakery in town.
(b) She is in an insane asylum.
(c) She is dead; killed by angry townsfolk.
(d) She moves to Germany with her lover.
5. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She feels homesick.
(b) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(c) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(d) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two girls do to save the "dead" baby doll?
2. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
3. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
4. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
5. How does Léonie help Louis?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)