|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette do under the influence of morphine?
(a) Has nightmares and moves in her sleep.
(b) They did not have morphine at that time.
(c) Sleeps as if dead.
(d) Tells Louis that he is not her husband.
2. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(b) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
3. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
(a) Because it is where her mother makes her stand when she is bad.
(b) Because she has seen a ghost there.
(c) Because it smells to strongly of vinegar.
(d) Because Victorine and Antoinette discuss her mother's illness here.
4. Where will Thérèse sleep?
(a) In the tiny guest room in the back of the house.
(b) In the master bedroom where her parents slept.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In a guest cottage near the main house.
5. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As changeable.
(b) As a rickety old building.
(c) As common.
(d) As a safe haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Thérèse to get up off the floor?
2. What is one game the girls play?
3. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
4. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
5. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)