|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
(a) Cries for the entire evening.
(b) Cuddles up to her mother immediately.
(c) Responds to nothing and is absolutely quiet.
(d) Goes into a catatonic phase.
2. Who does Léonie believe stole her soul?
(a) No one; she still believes she has a soul.
(b) The devil.
(c) The priest who molests her.
3. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
(a) Death, judgment, angels, sacrifice.
(b) Death, sin, heaven and angels.
(c) Death, judgment, heaven, and hell.
(d) Death, sacrifice, angels, heaven.
4. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
(a) As a society debutante.
(b) As a good Catholic.
(c) As a Church of England member.
(d) As one who will one day have a noble title to live up to.
5. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
(a) When they have both married.
(b) When they are three.
(c) They never meet after they are babies.
(d) After years of separation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls do after being exhausted from fighting?
2. Who took the photograph of Léonie and Thérèse?
3. With what is Léonie fascinated?
4. What happens when Léonie goes down to the cellar floor?
5. What has Léonie pretended for 20 years?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)