|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Thérèse like the dressing room?
(a) Because it is where her mother makes her stand when she is bad.
(b) Because it smells to strongly of vinegar.
(c) Because Victorine and Antoinette discuss her mother's illness here.
(d) Because she has seen a ghost there.
2. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
(a) Léonie has been teaching school in France.
(b) Léonie has been living in America.
(c) Léonie has been in an insane asylum.
(d) Léonie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
3. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(b) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(c) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
(d) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
4. Who watches Léonie as she drags the suitcase back and forth in her nightmare?
5. When is Léonie's birthday?
(a) Just a week after Thérèse's.
(b) The same day as Thérèse's.
(c) A year to the day later.
(d) 2 weeks before Thérèse's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
2. From where does the chandelier come?
3. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
4. What does Antoinette do under the influence of morphine?
5. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)