|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer does Antoinette live?
(a) Three more years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Another year.
2. When Léonie awakens, what does she realize?
(a) She is too scared to scream.
(b) She has wet her bed.
(c) The window has opened on its own.
(d) She is not alone in the bed.
3. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(b) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(c) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(d) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
4. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Messes them up.
(b) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
(c) Searches through them.
(d) Unpacks them.
5. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As a safe haven.
(b) As common.
(c) As changeable.
(d) As a rickety old building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie still use?
2. How does Thérèse arrive?
3. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
4. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
5. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)