|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Léonie help Louis?
(a) Pulling weeds.
(b) Raking the orchard.
(c) Spreading horse manure.
(d) Picking blueberries.
2. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(b) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(c) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(d) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
3. What do the girls do after being exhausted from fighting?
(a) Go play with the kittens in the barn.
(b) Have a sexual encounter.
(c) Go downstairs for hot chocolate.
(d) Go to sleep.
4. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(b) She feels homesick.
(c) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(d) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
5. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) An old wine bottle.
(b) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
(c) Two baby mice.
(d) Red velvet shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
2. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
3. What does Léonie imagine she will do?
4. Who tells Thérèse to get up off the floor?
5. When is Léonie's birthday?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)