|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, The Pillows | Chapter 26, The Statue of the Virgin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Léonie afraid of being alone in the room where she is sleeping?
(a) Because it is pitch black inside the windowless room.
(b) She hears people chanting and crying.
(c) The branch outside the window taps on the glass in the wind.
(d) She knows her great-grandmother dies in this room.
2. When Léonie awakens, what does she realize?
(a) She is not alone in the bed.
(b) She is too scared to scream.
(c) The window has opened on its own.
(d) She has wet her bed.
3. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
(a) Rides bareback on a horse while standing up.
(b) Shoots at pigeons on the rooftop.
(c) Swings down out of a tree to scare them.
(d) Treats some kittens cruelly.
4. Why does Madeleine defend Léonie's action of going down to the cellar?
(a) She tells Antoinette that Léonie was just curious because of a story Madeleine has told Léonie.
(b) Because Madeleine thinks everyone picks on Léonie.
(c) Because Madeleine asks Léonie to go get some wine from the cellar.
(d) Because Léonie is her daughter.
5. Upon what four things in the catechism does Thérèse concentrate?
(a) Death, judgment, angels, sacrifice.
(b) Death, sin, heaven and angels.
(c) Death, sacrifice, angels, heaven.
(d) Death, judgment, heaven, and hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie do after Louis leaves the bathroom?
2. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
3. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
4. How does Léonie help Louis?
5. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)