|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Altar | Chapter 22, The Dark Glasses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Thérèse settles in to her new home?
(a) She is independent.
(b) She never goes out of her room.
(c) She is clingy and cries if her mother leaves the room, even for a moment.
(d) She becomes an angel in behavior.
2. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(b) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
3. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
(a) Running through the heather.
(b) Dying in a concentration camp.
(c) Playing a game where they spin on the spot until one of them falls.
(d) Having tea with the Queen.
4. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
(a) Tie the patient to the bed.
(b) Wrap themselves in bandages.
(c) Force castor oil down the throat.
(d) They are only doctoring the doll.
5. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
(a) Adds a cross to the shrine's altar.
(b) Has the shrine completely obliterated.
(c) Consecrates the shrine.
(d) He puts an end to the worship at the shrine, as well as to the dancing and festivities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeleine defend Léonie's action of going down to the cellar?
2. The novel begins with the description of what?
3. With what is Léonie fascinated?
4. When is Léonie's birthday?
5. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)