|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Altar | Chapter 22, The Dark Glasses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse notice as the only things that have changed?
(a) The bedspreades.
(b) The wallpaper.
(c) The curtins.
(d) The appliances.
2. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
(a) That he loves his daughter very much.
(b) How Louis and Maurice were friends and how Maurice helped hide the villagers' wine in the cellar.
(c) That he deserts the family and goes to the United States.
(d) That he was a German collaborator.
3. When is Léonie's birthday?
(a) Just a week after Thérèse's.
(b) The same day as Thérèse's.
(c) 2 weeks before Thérèse's.
(d) A year to the day later.
4. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
(a) To pick berries.
(b) To show them their ancestors' graves.
(c) To have them help her plant more apple trees.
(d) To teach them woods lore.
5. Who cares for Thérèse the first year and a half of her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Thérèse and Léonie walk?
2. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
3. What happens after Thérèse settles in to her new home?
4. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
5. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)