|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Altar | Chapter 22, The Dark Glasses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
(a) Turns lights on and off in the rooms.
(b) Decides what she wants from each room.
(c) Tells Henri about each piece of furniture.
(d) Sits and remembers her childhood in each room.
2. Where will Thérèse sleep?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In a guest cottage near the main house.
(c) In the tiny guest room in the back of the house.
(d) In the master bedroom where her parents slept.
3. What does Antoinette wish?
(a) That Antoinette had married Thérèse's father.
(b) That the girls were sisters.
(c) That the girls are not so fair-haired.
(d) That Henri had lived to see the girls.
4. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
(a) That he deserts the family and goes to the United States.
(b) How Louis and Maurice were friends and how Maurice helped hide the villagers' wine in the cellar.
(c) That he was a German collaborator.
(d) That he loves his daughter very much.
5. Who took the photograph of Léonie and Thérèse?
(c) Soi Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
2. With what is Léonie fascinated?
3. What does Thérèse notice as the only things that have changed?
4. When Léonie awakens, what does she realize?
5. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)