|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Altar | Chapter 22, The Dark Glasses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Madeleine defends Léonie, how does Antoinette act?
(a) She is still clearly upset.
(b) She forbids anyone to go down into the cellar anymore.
(c) She smiles and says it's alright.
(d) She insists that Léonie be whipped.
2. What does Léonie still use?
(a) The Model T Ford.
(b) All of Victorine's recipes.
(c) The old pump outside the kitchen door.
(d) Feather tickler beds.
3. What does Thérèse mix that she hasn't done in many years?
(a) The dog food.
(b) Chocolate cake.
(c) The potting soil with clay.
(d) An alcoholic drink.
4. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(a) Knitting wool.
(c) Books about Jewish history and customs.
5. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
(a) To pick berries.
(b) To show them their ancestors' graves.
(c) To teach them woods lore.
(d) To have them help her plant more apple trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
2. What does Antoinette wish?
3. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
4. How is the farmhouse described?
5. How do the girls "doctor" each other?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)