|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Altar | Chapter 22, The Dark Glasses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel begins with the description of what?
(a) The barn.
(b) Michael's favorite horse.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) The farm house.
2. What does Thérèse do as she walks through the house?
(a) Turns lights on and off in the rooms.
(b) Decides what she wants from each room.
(c) Sits and remembers her childhood in each room.
(d) Tells Henri about each piece of furniture.
3. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
(a) As a Church of England member.
(b) As a society debutante.
(c) As one who will one day have a noble title to live up to.
(d) As a good Catholic.
4. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
(d) No one.
5. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
(a) Cuddles up to her mother immediately.
(b) Goes into a catatonic phase.
(c) Responds to nothing and is absolutely quiet.
(d) Cries for the entire evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse mix that she hasn't done in many years?
2. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
3. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
4. With what is Léonie fascinated?
5. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)