|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Altar | Chapter 22, The Dark Glasses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to what the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Henri says it was from when they made wine.
(b) The gardener kills them.
(c) The cook is making a white sauce with them.
(d) Antoinette tosses it in the fire.
2. Why is Léonie afraid of being alone in the room where she is sleeping?
(a) She hears people chanting and crying.
(b) She knows her great-grandmother dies in this room.
(c) The branch outside the window taps on the glass in the wind.
(d) Because it is pitch black inside the windowless room.
3. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
(a) To have them help her plant more apple trees.
(b) To show them their ancestors' graves.
(c) To pick berries.
(d) To teach them woods lore.
4. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
5. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(c) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
2. What does Léonie still use?
3. What does Thérèse notice that Léonie has done?
4. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
5. How is the farmhouse described?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)