|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Nightlight | Chapter 14, The Silver Cake Tray.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(a) Books about Jewish history and customs.
(b) Knitting wool.
2. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(b) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
(c) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(d) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
3. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(b) Chewing gum.
(d) Torn-up letters and broken glass.
4. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
(b) She feels homesick.
(c) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(d) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
5. What does Thérèse do when her mother takes her home at a year and a half?
(a) Goes into a catatonic phase.
(b) Cries for the entire evening.
(c) Responds to nothing and is absolutely quiet.
(d) Cuddles up to her mother immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
2. What does Thérèse notice that Léonie has done?
3. What is the name of Léonie's mother?
4. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
5. What does Léonie enjoy?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)