|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Nightlight | Chapter 14, The Silver Cake Tray.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(b) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(c) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
(d) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
2. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
(a) Léonie has been in an insane asylum.
(b) Léonie has been living in America.
(c) Léonie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
(d) Léonie has been teaching school in France.
3. The novel begins with the description of what?
(a) The farm house.
(b) Michael's favorite horse.
(c) The barn.
(d) A nightmare.
4. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(b) She feels homesick.
(c) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(d) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
5. What does Antoinette describe in the letters?
(a) How Thérèse's father is having an affair.
(b) How Léonie was always jealous of Thérèse.
(c) How Rose Taillé took the baby in because she lost her own baby the week before.
(d) How Thérèse is such a quiet baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
2. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
3. Where will Thérèse sleep?
4. What does Antoinette wish?
5. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)