|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45, The Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
2. What does Thérèse do with the package?
(a) Gives the package to the gardener.
(b) Gives one book to Léonie and keeps one for herself.
(c) Hides it.
(d) Gives the package to the woodsman.
3. What does Thérèse do for her mother?
(a) Combs and braids her hair everyday.
(b) She makes herself suffer in small ways so that her mother will suffer less in purgatory.
(c) Reads to her in bed.
(d) Takes her tea three times a day.
4. Who watches Léonie as she drags the suitcase back and forth in her nightmare?
5. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
(a) As one who will one day have a noble title to live up to.
(b) As a good Catholic.
(c) As a society debutante.
(d) As a Church of England member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Léonie do after Louis leaves the bathroom?
2. What does Louis suffer after Antoinette dies?
3. What does Madeleine think the priest wants to have hushed up?
4. Why is Léonie afraid of being alone in the room where she is sleeping?
5. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)