|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45, The Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madeleine move Léonie into Thérèse's room?
(a) To stop Thérèse from being so obsessed with praying.
(b) Hoping the two girls will begin to like each other better.
(c) To punish Léonie.
(d) To torment Thérèse.
2. When the two girls go downstairs, what do they find?
(a) Louis is giving his wife a sip of water.
(b) Antoinette has died and Louis is sleeping with his head against Madeleine's shoulder.
(c) Madeleine singing the Hail Mary.
(d) Antoinette is feeling very much better.
3. What information does Thérèse not believe from reading the letters?
(a) That she was almost put up for adoption.
(b) That she has tantrums as a child.
(c) That she is the Priest's daughter.
(d) That she is really Henri's child.
4. What does the specialist say about Antoinette's breast cancer?
(a) That it does not look good.
(b) Nothing; he does not want to scare her.
(c) That it will just take a little surgery and she'll be fine.
(d) That it may not be cancer after all.
5. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) An old wine bottle.
(b) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
(c) Two baby mice.
(d) Red velvet shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is skeptical about Thérèse's vision?
2. Where does Léonie go and lie down?
3. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
4. Who kept the letters Antoinette sent to her during Thérèse's infancy?
5. What story does Léonie tell Baptiste?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)