|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45, The Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
(a) Shoots at pigeons on the rooftop.
(b) Rides bareback on a horse while standing up.
(c) Treats some kittens cruelly.
(d) Swings down out of a tree to scare them.
2. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
(a) Rose goes into the convent.
(b) The Nazi Major is killed by some villagers.
(c) Rose has a child who is stillborn because of her grief.
(d) Antoinette allows Rose to keep Thérèse for her first year and a half.
3. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
(a) A photo of a German officer.
(b) A photograph of Thérèse dressed for her first communion.
(c) A photo of Baptiste.
(d) A photo of Léonie's mother.
4. What does the priest accept from Madeleine for which Thérèse judges him a bit harshly?
(a) A large piece of cake.
(c) A glass of sherry.
(d) A cigarette.
5. What do the girls bring up from the cellar?
(a) Two baby mice.
(b) Red velvet shoe.
(c) An old wine bottle.
(d) Three garlic cloves for the cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse learn about her mother?
2. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
3. What does Antoinette wish?
4. How does Thérèse feel towards the Bishop?
5. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)