|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45, The Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
(a) Swings down out of a tree to scare them.
(b) Treats some kittens cruelly.
(c) Rides bareback on a horse while standing up.
(d) Shoots at pigeons on the rooftop.
2. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
(a) Baptiste killing a kitten.
(b) The black stag.
(c) Léonie kneeling by a rock.
(d) The woman that Léonie had described.
3. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) 20 years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) 40 years.
(d) A year.
4. What happens when Léonie goes down to the cellar floor?
(a) She finds bones.
(b) Her light goes out.
(c) She meets an elderly man.
(d) She sees hundreds of bottles of wine.
5. For what does Thérèse ask Louis' permission?
(a) To enter a convent when she is sixteen.
(b) To marry Baptiste.
(c) To travel abroad.
(d) To go to England with her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of Henri's death?
2. What does Léonie imagine she will do?
3. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
4. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
5. What has Léonie pretended for 20 years?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)