|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Cellar Key | Chapter 18, The Red Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie dream in the nightmare at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) That she is about to be buried alive in the cellar.
(b) That Antoinette's red suitcase is tied up in scarlet cloth.
(c) That Madeleine's head is rolling down the cellar steps.
(d) That Thérèse nails Léonie to a cross.
2. What does Léonie do with Thérèse's things?
(a) Unpacks them.
(b) Makes Thérèse carry them to her room.
(c) Searches through them.
(d) Messes them up.
3. What has Léonie pretended for 20 years?
(a) That Thérèse would come and they could be together again.
(b) That the house belongs to her.
(c) That Baptiste is the man she loves.
(d) That Thérèse is dead.
4. How does Thérèse feel in her clothes?
(b) Dressed up.
5. Why is Léonie afraid of being alone in the room where she is sleeping?
(a) The branch outside the window taps on the glass in the wind.
(b) She hears people chanting and crying.
(c) Because it is pitch black inside the windowless room.
(d) She knows her great-grandmother dies in this room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antoinette say Madeleine must raise Léonie?
2. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
3. What does Antoinette wish?
4. Who watches Léonie as she drags the suitcase back and forth in her nightmare?
5. What is next to a photo of Léonie?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)