|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Cellar Key | Chapter 18, The Red Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Madeleine defends Léonie, how does Antoinette act?
(a) She forbids anyone to go down into the cellar anymore.
(b) She smiles and says it's alright.
(c) She insists that Léonie be whipped.
(d) She is still clearly upset.
2. Who took the photograph of Léonie and Thérèse?
(d) Soi Maria.
3. How long has it been since Thérèse had left the monastery?
(a) 20 years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) 40 years.
4. What happens when Léonie goes down to the cellar floor?
(a) Her light goes out.
(b) She meets an elderly man.
(c) She sees hundreds of bottles of wine.
(d) She finds bones.
5. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(b) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
(c) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
(d) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Victorine takes Léonie and Thérèse into the woods?
2. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
3. How does Thérèse arrive?
4. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
5. Why does Baptiste supposedly despise Thérèse?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)