|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Cellar Key | Chapter 18, The Red Suitcase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Thérèse come to the farmhouse?
(a) She is thinking of leaving the monastery and that there is some unfinished business to which she must attend.
(b) She feels homesick.
(c) She hopes to forgive Léonie.
(d) She is planning to sell the farmhouse.
2. What does Léonie dream in the nightmare at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) That Thérèse nails Léonie to a cross.
(b) That Madeleine's head is rolling down the cellar steps.
(c) That she is about to be buried alive in the cellar.
(d) That Antoinette's red suitcase is tied up in scarlet cloth.
3. How does Thérèse feel in her clothes?
(c) Dressed up.
4. When Léonie awakens, what does she realize?
(a) The window has opened on its own.
(b) She is not alone in the bed.
(c) She has wet her bed.
(d) She is too scared to scream.
5. Who does Léonie believe stole her soul?
(a) The priest who molests her.
(c) No one; she still believes she has a soul.
(d) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeleine defend Léonie's action of going down to the cellar?
2. After Madeleine defends Léonie, how does Antoinette act?
3. Who is staring angrily at Thérèse as the front door opens?
4. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
5. Who took the photograph of Léonie and Thérèse?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)