|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, The Green Scarf | Chapter 34, The Water Bottle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to speak to Thérèse and her father?
(a) The priest.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The baker.
2. What does Baptiste do to gain the attention of the two girls?
(a) Swings down out of a tree to scare them.
(b) Treats some kittens cruelly.
(c) Rides bareback on a horse while standing up.
(d) Shoots at pigeons on the rooftop.
3. Of what is Thérèse's bag full?
(a) Knitting wool.
(c) Books about Jewish history and customs.
4. What does Léonie tell the house?
(a) That she is glad her aunt is dead.
(b) That she is sad for Louis.
(c) That she wishes she inherits this house.
5. Why does Victorine still hate the Germans?
(a) For what they did to Rose Taillé.
(b) Because they razed the wheat fields one summer and thus many starve that winter.
(c) Because they killed all the Jews in the town.
(d) Because they raped her and killed her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Baptiste kiss?
2. What does the new priest do when he arrives in the town near the farmhouse?
3. About what do the hosts and guest sit in the salon and talk?
4. Who puts on a show of having a vision for the villagers?
5. Why do the girls have to stay out of the woods?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)