|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The fish sauce.
(d) The weather.
2. Who chases Léonie?
(a) A middle-aged man who is angry that she buys bread from the traitor.
(b) Antoinette's ghost.
(c) Some German soldiers.
(d) A group of boys led by Baptiste.
3. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(b) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(c) Watches Léonie read her letter.
(d) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
4. Who is in trouble with the adults?
(a) No one.s
(b) Baptiste and his male friends.
(c) Léonie and Thérèse.
(d) Léonie and Baptiste.
5. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(d) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
2. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
3. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
4. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
5. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)