|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
(a) Runs a bakery in town.
(b) She is in an insane asylum.
(c) She is dead; killed by angry townsfolk.
(d) She moves to Germany with her lover.
2. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
(a) Two goblets.
(b) The antique Quimper bowl.
(c) A chalice.
(d) The silver from the chest.
3. Who chases Léonie?
(a) Some German soldiers.
(b) A group of boys led by Baptiste.
(c) Antoinette's ghost.
(d) A middle-aged man who is angry that she buys bread from the traitor.
4. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
(a) Why horses don't lie down to sleep.
(b) If French people are smarter than English people.
(c) French and English food.
(d) Whether it is right to still be angry with German collaborators.
5. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two girls criticize?
2. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
3. Who is in trouble with the adults?
4. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
5. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)