|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
(a) The officers.
(b) Only the section administrator.
(c) The ranking enlisted and officers.
2. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(b) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(c) About what happens to the kittens.
(d) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
3. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
4. What does Léonie see in the woods?
(a) Madeleine with Louis.
(b) A black stag.
(c) A beautiful woman with olive skin dressed in red.
(d) Two woodsmen illegally chopping down a tree.
5. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
(a) The black stag.
(b) The woman that Léonie had described.
(c) Léonie kneeling by a rock.
(d) Baptiste killing a kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
2. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
3. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
4. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
5. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)