|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(b) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
(c) Go and pray at the shrine.
(d) Rub her back that night.
2. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(b) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(c) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(d) About what happens to the kittens.
3. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
(a) Léonie kneeling by a rock.
(b) Baptiste killing a kitten.
(c) The woman that Léonie had described.
(d) The black stag.
4. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
(b) Only the section administrator.
(c) The officers.
(d) The ranking enlisted and officers.
5. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
(a) If French people are smarter than English people.
(b) French and English food.
(c) Why horses don't lie down to sleep.
(d) Whether it is right to still be angry with German collaborators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
2. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
3. About what does Thérèse become upset?
4. Who is in trouble with the adults?
5. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)