|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The fish sauce.
(b) The weather.
(c) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(d) The Priest.
2. About what does Thérèse become upset?
(a) Léonie is serving Louis broth.
(b) Madeleine is sitting on the side of Louis's bed.
(c) Léonie pulls the cookie jar toward her and begins reading a letter.
(d) Madeleine is serving Louis broth.
3. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Rub her back that night.
(b) Go and pray at the shrine.
(c) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(d) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
4. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(b) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
(c) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(d) Watches Léonie read her letter.
5. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
(a) Whether it is right to still be angry with German collaborators.
(b) French and English food.
(c) Why horses don't lie down to sleep.
(d) If French people are smarter than English people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
2. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
3. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
4. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
5. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)