|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Léonie offer to appease her cousin?
(a) To pray with her in the chapel.
(b) To trade secrets.
(c) To make up her hair.
(d) To go to town and get her some candy.
2. Who chases Léonie?
(a) A group of boys led by Baptiste.
(b) Antoinette's ghost.
(c) A middle-aged man who is angry that she buys bread from the traitor.
(d) Some German soldiers.
3. What does Léonie see in the woods?
(a) A beautiful woman with olive skin dressed in red.
(b) A black stag.
(c) Madeleine with Louis.
(d) Two woodsmen illegally chopping down a tree.
4. What do the two girls criticize?
(a) The weather.
(b) The fish sauce.
(c) The way Baptiste has plowed the pasture.
(d) The Priest.
5. Who was willing to take on a German officer as a lover?
(c) One of the village girls who came to help with chores at the house was billeted in the back bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
2. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
3. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
4. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
5. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)