|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Thérèse become upset?
(a) Léonie pulls the cookie jar toward her and begins reading a letter.
(b) Madeleine is sitting on the side of Louis's bed.
(c) Léonie is serving Louis broth.
(d) Madeleine is serving Louis broth.
2. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
(a) Hopes Léonie chokes on her broth.
(b) Watches Léonie strain the vegetables.
(c) Hopes the Priest will catch them exchanging secrets.
(d) Watches Léonie read her letter.
3. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
(a) How Louis and Maurice were friends and how Maurice helped hide the villagers' wine in the cellar.
(b) That he loves his daughter very much.
(c) That he was a German collaborator.
(d) That he deserts the family and goes to the United States.
4. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
(a) That they steal children and raise them as Jews.
(b) That they should be respected.
(c) That they should have the right to their own beliefs.
(d) That the Jews put Jesus to death and compares them to the evil of Communists.
5. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
(a) The ranking enlisted and officers.
(b) Only the section administrator.
(c) The officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
2. Who is in trouble with the adults?
3. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
4. What does Leonie take out before leaving?
5. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)