|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(b) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
(c) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(d) About what happens to the kittens.
2. What does Léonie see in the woods?
(a) A black stag.
(b) A beautiful woman with olive skin dressed in red.
(c) Two woodsmen illegally chopping down a tree.
(d) Madeleine with Louis.
3. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
(a) She is dead; killed by angry townsfolk.
(b) She moves to Germany with her lover.
(c) She is in an insane asylum.
(d) Runs a bakery in town.
4. Who chases Léonie?
(a) Antoinette's ghost.
(b) Some German soldiers.
(c) A middle-aged man who is angry that she buys bread from the traitor.
(d) A group of boys led by Baptiste.
5. What does Thérèse say Léonie can do?
(a) Read one carefully-chosen letter.
(b) Rub her back that night.
(c) Meet Baptiste that night in the chapel.
(d) Go and pray at the shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
2. About what do Léonie and Thérèse argue?
3. Who claims to see the devil hiding behind the curtains?
4. About what does Thérèse become upset?
5. What does Thérèse do as Léonie drinks her broth?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)