|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43, The Slotted Spoon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who had a German officer as a lover now do?
(a) Runs a bakery in town.
(b) She moves to Germany with her lover.
(c) She is in an insane asylum.
(d) She is dead; killed by angry townsfolk.
2. Who chases Léonie?
(a) Some German soldiers.
(b) A middle-aged man who is angry that she buys bread from the traitor.
(c) Antoinette's ghost.
(d) A group of boys led by Baptiste.
3. Who is in trouble with the adults?
(a) Baptiste and his male friends.
(b) No one.s
(c) Léonie and Baptiste.
(d) Léonie and Thérèse.
4. What does Léonie offer to appease her cousin?
(a) To make up her hair.
(b) To pray with her in the chapel.
(c) To go to town and get her some candy.
(d) To trade secrets.
5. What does Thérèse assume is Léonie's secret?
(a) About the baby Antoinette gives up for adoption.
(b) About Baptiste's crush on Thérèse.
(c) About what happens to the kittens.
(d) About Léonie meeting a village boy in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thérèse find when she goes to the clearing looking for Léonie?
2. What does Madeleine tell her daughter about the daughter's father, Maurice?
3. What does Léonie say about the Jews?
4. Who of the Germans stays at the Martin estate during the war?
5. What does Léonie see in the woods?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)