Chapter 1, The Wall | Chapter 2, The Writing Table
1. The novel begins with the description of what?
(a) The farm house.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) Michael's favorite horse.
(d) The barn.
2. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
(b) Torn-up letters and broken glass.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Chocolate cake.
3. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As common.
(b) As a rickety old building.
(c) As a safe haven.
(d) As changeable.
4. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
(a) When they have both married.
(b) When they are three.
(c) They never meet after they are babies.
(d) After years of separation.
5. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
(a) Léonie has been in an insane asylum.
(b) Léonie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
(c) Léonie has been living in America.
(d) Léonie has been teaching school in France.
6. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
(a) Having tea with the Queen.
(b) Running through the heather.
(c) Playing a game where they spin on the spot until one of them falls.
(d) Dying in a concentration camp.
This section contains 5,527 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)