Chapter 1, The Wall | Chapter 2, The Writing Table
1. The novel begins with the description of what?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) The barn.
(c) Michael's favorite horse.
(d) The farm house.
2. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(c) Torn-up letters and broken glass.
(d) Chewing gum.
3. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As a safe haven.
(b) As common.
(c) As a rickety old building.
(d) As changeable.
4. When do Léonie and Thérèse meet?
(a) After years of separation.
(b) When they are three.
(c) When they have both married.
(d) They never meet after they are babies.
5. What has Léonie been doing while Thérèse has been in the convent?
(a) Léonie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
(b) Léonie has been living in America.
(c) Léonie has been teaching school in France.
(d) Léonie has been in an insane asylum.
6. At the end of the chapter what does Léonie imagine she and Thérèse are doing?
(a) Running through the heather.
(b) Dying in a concentration camp.
(c) Having tea with the Queen.
(d) Playing a game where they spin on the spot until one of them falls.
This section contains 5,527 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)