1. The novel begins with the description of what?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) The barn.
(c) The farm house.
(d) Michael's favorite horse.
2. Of what is Antionette's mouth full?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Torn-up letters and broken glass.
(c) Chocolate cake.
3. How is the farmhouse described?
(a) As common.
(b) As a rickety old building.
(c) As changeable.
(d) As a safe haven.
4. When do LÃ©onie and ThÃ©rÃ¨se meet?
(a) They never meet after they are babies.
(b) After years of separation.
(c) When they are three.
(d) When they have both married.
5. What has LÃ©onie been doing while ThÃ©rÃ¨se has been in the convent?
(a) LÃ©onie has been living in America.
(b) LÃ©onie married Baptiste and has been raising a family.
(c) LÃ©onie has been teaching school in France.
(d) LÃ©onie has been in an insane asylum.
6. At the end of the chapter what does LÃ©onie imagine she and ThÃ©rÃ¨se are doing?
(a) Running through the heather.
(b) Having tea with the Queen.
(c) Playing a game where they spin on the spot until one of them falls.
(d) Dying in a concentration camp.
This section contains 5,527 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)