Chapter 1, The Wall | Chapter 2, The Writing Table
* The novel begins with a description of a nightmare.
* The house is "changeable."
* LÃ©onie and ThÃ©rÃ¨se meet after years of separation.
* LÃ©onie has started a list of all the objects in the house on the advice of her lawyer.
* LÃ©onie expects the comparisons and jealousies from her and ThÃ©rÃ¨se's adolescent years will resurface.
* LÃ©onie imagines she and ThÃ©rÃ¨se are again playing a game where they spin on the spot until one of them falls.
Chapter 3, The Doorbell | Chapter 4, The Chandelier
* ThÃ©rÃ¨se arrives by bus and has not left the monastery for twenty years.
* ThÃ©rÃ¨se notices the graveyard where her father, mother, and aunt are buried.
* When she reaches the house, the lights are off. ThÃ©rÃ¨se is greeted by LÃ©onie, who stares angrily.
This section contains 2,849 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)