Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1, The Wall | Chapter 2, The Writing Table Abstract
* The novel begins with a description of a nightmare.
* The house is "changeable."
* Léonie and Thérèse meet after years of separation.
* Léonie has started a list of all the objects in the house on the advice of her lawyer.
* Léonie expects the comparisons...
This section contains 2,883 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)