|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
2. How long did Jessica and Esmond stay together in America?
3. What did Jessica and Esmond do with their evenings in Washington?
4. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
5. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
2. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
3. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
4. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
5. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
6. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
7. What did a friend offer Jessica and Esmond to help with their financial troubles?
8. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
9. While living in Washington, D.C., what were the Romillys hired to write and by whom?
10. How did Jessica and Esmond lose all their money in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mitford sisters. Who were they and why were they famous? What was exceptional about these sisters? What defined each sister? What was Jessica's relationship like with each sister?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some of the anecdotes in the memoir. Why might Jessica have decided to share these particular memoirs with the reader? In what tone are these anecdotes written? What do they tell us about the author?
Essay Topic 3
What is pacifism? Did Jessica believe in pacifism? Why or why not? What are the principles of pacifism?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)