|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jessica and Esmond hired to write about?
2. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
4. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
5. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
2. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
3. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
4. While living in Washington, D.C., what were the Romillys hired to write and by whom?
5. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
6. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
7. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
8. Where did Esmond find employment, and how was the pay?
9. How did Jessica and Esmond end up in Miami?
10. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jessica's desire for education growing up. In what form did she receive education during her childhood? What did she fear would happen if she did not receive a proper education? Why didn't her mother allow her to go to school? What did her mother think was the role of women?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's desire to run away as a child. What prompted her to dream of doing this? How did she prepare for such an event? What finally led her to run away? Did she ever regret doing this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the memoir "Daughters and Rebels." Did you like the ending? Was it surprising at all? Are there any unanswered questions?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)