|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
2. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
3. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
4. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
5. How did Esmond feel about his job in Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
2. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
3. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond lose all their money in France?
5. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
6. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
7. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
8. How did Jessica and Esmond end up in Miami?
9. What trouble did Jessica and Esmond run into with an electric company?
10. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mitford sisters. Who were they and why were they famous? What was exceptional about these sisters? What defined each sister? What was Jessica's relationship like with each sister?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's parents. How would you describe her parents? What was their relationship like with Jessica?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jessica's childhood. What did she say about her childhood? What struggles did she face? Did she have a happy childhood? Why or why not? What was her relationship like with her parents and siblings during her childhood? What concerned her in her youth?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)