|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
2. Which of her sisters did Jessica miss and wonder about while she was in America?
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
5. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
Essay Topic 1
What is pacifism? Did Jessica believe in pacifism? Why or why not? What are the principles of pacifism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Daughters and Rebels." Was Jessica a writer by trade? What other works did she write? Can any connections be made between this memoir and her other works? In what style did she write this book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jessica's humor in her memoir. What kind of humor does she use? How does this affect the reader's experience? Of what events does she make light that might be surprising to some?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)