|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
3. Why did Jessica and Esmond travel to Washington, D.C.?
4. Who was Mr. Donahue?
5. To which state did Donahue invite Jessica and Esmond to travel with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
2. What did a friend offer Jessica and Esmond to help with their financial troubles?
3. How did Jessica and Esmond lose all their money in France?
4. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
5. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
6. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
7. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
8. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
9. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
10. How did Jessica and Esmond end up in Miami?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jessica's time in France. Why did she move to France? What did she and Esmond do while there? What struggles did they face?
Essay Topic 2
What is pacifism? Did Jessica believe in pacifism? Why or why not? What are the principles of pacifism?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what happened to Jessica after her husband's death. Was the direction in which she went surprising? What notable things occurred in her later years?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)