|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
2. For what was Seldon Rodman a co-editor?
3. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
4. What were Jessica and Esmond hired to write about?
5. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mitford sisters. Who were they and why were they famous? What was exceptional about these sisters? What defined each sister? What was Jessica's relationship like with each sister?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Daughters and Rebels." Was Jessica a writer by trade? What other works did she write? Can any connections be made between this memoir and her other works? In what style did she write this book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the class system as it is portrayed in the memoir. Where was Jessica's family in regard to the class system? In what ways did her family try to "keep up appearances"? How was her life dictated by the social rules set out for her class?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)