|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
2. What did Esmond and Jessica collect in preparation for moving to America?
3. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
4. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
5. How did Esmond feel about his job in Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
2. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
3. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
4. While living in Washington, D.C., what were the Romillys hired to write and by whom?
5. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
6. Why did Jessica refuse to have lunch on the ship that Nancy was supposed to have been on?
7. With whom did Jessica find a new job in 1939?
8. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
9. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
10. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is pacifism? Did Jessica believe in pacifism? Why or why not? What are the principles of pacifism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the memoir "Daughters and Rebels." Did you like the ending? Was it surprising at all? Are there any unanswered questions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jessica's parents. How would you describe her parents? What was their relationship like with Jessica?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)