|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to wait for prior to returning to England?
2. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
3. How long did Jessica and Esmond stay together in America?
4. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
5. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a friend offer Jessica and Esmond to help with their financial troubles?
2. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
3. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
4. In the time after they left New York, what would Jessica and Esmond discuss with many of the people they met?
5. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
6. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
7. With whom did Jessica find a new job in 1939?
8. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
9. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
10. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is pacifism? Did Jessica believe in pacifism? Why or why not? What are the principles of pacifism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's time in America. Why did she and Esmond move there? What struggles did they face while there? What people did they meet in America? How did they make ends meet?
Essay Topic 3
What is fascism? What did Jessica think of fascism? How did fascism cause problems for Jessica and her family?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)