|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jessica and Esmond stay together in America?
2. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about at dinner?
3. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
4. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay?
5. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jessica's desire for education growing up. In what form did she receive education during her childhood? What did she fear would happen if she did not receive a proper education? Why didn't her mother allow her to go to school? What did her mother think was the role of women?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's struggles throughout the memoir. What caused these obstacles, and how did she deal with them? Was she able to overcome them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jessica's time in Spain. Why did she move to Spain? What did she and Esmond do while there? What struggles did they face? Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)