|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Jessica receive from her trust fund when she turned 21?
2. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
3. On their travels, what did Esmond and Jessica discuss with many of the people they met?
4. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
5. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
2. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
3. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond lose all their money in France?
5. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
6. In the time after they left New York, what would Jessica and Esmond discuss with many of the people they met?
7. Why did Jessica refuse to have lunch on the ship that Nancy was supposed to have been on?
8. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
9. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
10. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jessica's time in France. Why did she move to France? What did she and Esmond do while there? What struggles did they face?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's time in America. Why did she and Esmond move there? What struggles did they face while there? What people did they meet in America? How did they make ends meet?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the external events that took place while Jessica was growing up and living with Esmond. How did these events shape and influence her beliefs and actions?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)