|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Donahue tell Jessica and Esmond they had made?
2. What was Michael Straight's position at the magazine for which he worked?
3. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
4. On their travels, what did Esmond and Jessica discuss with many of the people they met?
5. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
2. Why did Jessica refuse to have lunch on the ship that Nancy was supposed to have been on?
3. Where did Esmond find employment, and how was the pay?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond end up in Miami?
5. What did a friend offer Jessica and Esmond to help with their financial troubles?
6. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
7. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
8. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
9. What trouble did Jessica and Esmond run into with an electric company?
10. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mitford sisters. Who were they and why were they famous? What was exceptional about these sisters? What defined each sister? What was Jessica's relationship like with each sister?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's parents. How would you describe her parents? What was their relationship like with Jessica?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the memoir "Daughters and Rebels." Did you like the ending? Was it surprising at all? Are there any unanswered questions?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)