Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
3. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
4. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
5. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
2. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
3. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
4. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
5. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
6. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
7. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
8. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
9. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
10. What surprised Esmond and Jessica about the people they met from the American Federation of Labor?
Essay Topic 1
What is socialism? Why did Jessica believe in socialism? How did her belief in socialism affect her personal relationships? How did her belief in socialism influence her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's time in America. Why did she and Esmond move there? What struggles did they face while there? What people did they meet in America? How did they make ends meet?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the external events that took place while Jessica was growing up and living with Esmond. How did these events shape and influence her beliefs and actions?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)