|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
2. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
3. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
4. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
5. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
2. How did Jessica feel about the wedding of her sister Diana, and why didn't she attend?
3. What did Jessica find out about her cousin Esmond in London?
4. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
5. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
6. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
7. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
8. What was the Society of Hons?
9. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
10. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jessica's humor in her memoir. What kind of humor does she use? How does this affect the reader's experience? Of what events does she make light that might be surprising to some?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's childhood. What did she say about her childhood? What struggles did she face? Did she have a happy childhood? Why or why not? What was her relationship like with her parents and siblings during her childhood? What concerned her in her youth?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jessica's parents. How would you describe her parents? What was their relationship like with Jessica?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)