|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
2. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
3. Where had Diana gone to study?
4. What was the name of the Mitford son?
5. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
2. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
3. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
4. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
5. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
6. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
7. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
8. Explain Jessica's relationship with a girl named Rose.
9. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
10. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Mitford sisters. Who were they and why were they famous? What was exceptional about these sisters? What defined each sister? What was Jessica's relationship like with each sister?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the external events that took place while Jessica was growing up and living with Esmond. How did these events shape and influence her beliefs and actions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jessica's relationship with Esmond. How did they meet? What did they have in common? How did they interact with each other? What struggles did Esmond face?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)