Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
3. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
4. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
5. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
2. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
3. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
4. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
5. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
6. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
7. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
8. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
9. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
10. What surprised Esmond and Jessica about the people they met from the American Federation of Labor?
Discuss Jessica's time in Spain. Why did she move to Spain? What did she and Esmond do while there? What struggles did they face? Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
Discuss what happened to Jessica after her husband's death. Was the direction in which she went surprising? What notable things occurred in her later years?
Discuss Jessica's parents. How would you describe her parents? What was their relationship like with Jessica?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)