|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
2. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
3. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
4. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
5. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
2. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
3. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
4. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
5. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
6. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
7. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
8. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
9. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
10. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jessica's parents. How would you describe her parents? What was their relationship like with Jessica?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jessica's childhood. What did she say about her childhood? What struggles did she face? Did she have a happy childhood? Why or why not? What was her relationship like with her parents and siblings during her childhood? What concerned her in her youth?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jessica's time in Spain. Why did she move to Spain? What did she and Esmond do while there? What struggles did they face? Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)