|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
2. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
3. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
5. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
2. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
3. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
4. Explain Jessica's relationship with a girl named Rose.
5. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
6. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
7. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
8. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
9. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
10. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what happened to Jessica after her husband's death. Was the direction in which she went surprising? What notable things occurred in her later years?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Mitford sisters. Who were they and why were they famous? What was exceptional about these sisters? What defined each sister? What was Jessica's relationship like with each sister?
Essay Topic 3
What is fascism? What did Jessica think of fascism? How did fascism cause problems for Jessica and her family?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)