|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(d) Horse racing.
2. Which of her sisters did Jessica miss and wonder about while she was in America?
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The amount of poverty.
(b) The hospitality of the locals.
(c) The architecture.
(d) How much it was like England.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
(a) The Stanhope Hotel.
(b) The Shelton Hotel.
(c) The Abbey Victoria Hotel.
(d) The Hotel Chelsea.
5. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A hat shop.
(b) A popcorn stand.
(c) A Scottish tweed shop.
(d) A souvenir stall.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond spend time visiting Kay Graham?
3. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
4. Why did Jessica and Esmond travel to Washington, D.C.?
5. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)