|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
2. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
(a) To work for a newspaper.
(b) To avoid the war.
(c) To get away from their families.
(d) To acquire some free land.
3. How much did Jessica receive from her trust fund when she turned 21?
(a) Fifty pounts.
(b) Five hundred pounds.
(c) Two hundred and fifty pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
4. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) A French judge.
(b) Dorothy Allhusen.
(c) Jessica's mother.
(d) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
5. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The World Series.
(b) The 1939 World's Fair.
(c) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(d) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
3. Instead of New Orleans, where did the Romillys end up after getting lost?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond amass a large electricity bill?
5. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)