|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Donahue want Jessica and Esmond to do?
(a) Participate in his betting scheme.
(b) Invest in some land with him.
(c) Produce a movie with him.
(d) Attend his party at a casino.
2. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
3. Where did Jessica find work in New York?
(a) At a music school.
(b) In an art gallery.
(c) In a cafe.
(d) In a dress shop.
4. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
(a) Little Italy.
(b) Greenwich Village.
5. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to wait for prior to returning to England?
(a) For the fighting to begin.
(b) Until they had had visited 15 states.
(c) Until their parents had forgiven them.
(d) For their money to run out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon arriving in New York, what did Jessica and Esmond notice about Americans?
2. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
3. What did Esmond and Jessica collect in preparation for moving to America?
4. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
5. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Esmond find employment, and how was the pay?
2. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
3. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
4. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
5. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
6. Why did Jessica refuse to have lunch on the ship that Nancy was supposed to have been on?
7. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
8. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
9. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
10. In the time after they left New York, what would Jessica and Esmond discuss with many of the people they met?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)