|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Anthony Eden.
(c) Jessica's father.
(d) Peter Nevil.
2. How long did it take for Esmond and Jessica to lose all their money gambling?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Four and a half hours.
3. How much did Jessica receive from her trust fund when she turned 21?
(a) Fifty pounts.
(b) One hundred pounds.
(c) Two hundred and fifty pounds.
(d) Five hundred pounds.
4. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
(a) The Soviets.
(b) The French.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Spanish.
5. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
(a) New Deal agencies.
(b) Prohibition agencies.
(c) Immigration agencies.
(d) Agricultural agencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond spend time visiting Kay Graham?
2. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
3. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
4. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
5. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
2. Where did Esmond find employment, and how was the pay?
3. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
4. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
5. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
6. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
7. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
8. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
9. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
10. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)