|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Whooping cough.
2. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Jessica's father.
(b) Dorothy Allhusen.
(c) Anthony Eden.
(d) Peter Nevil.
3. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
4. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
5. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people the Romillys met in Washington feel about the American government's economic programs?
2. On their travels, what did Esmond and Jessica discuss with many of the people they met?
3. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
4. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
5. Which of her sisters did Jessica miss and wonder about while she was in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
2. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
4. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
5. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
6. In the time after they left New York, what would Jessica and Esmond discuss with many of the people they met?
7. How did Jessica and Esmond end up in Miami?
8. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
9. How did Jessica and Esmond spend their first days in New York?
10. With whom did Jessica find a new job in 1939?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)