|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington?
(a) Selling encyclopedias.
(b) Selling umbrellas.
(c) Selling stockings.
(d) Selling vacuum cleaners.
2. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) A state senator.
(b) A small-time businessman.
(c) An organized-crime kingpin.
(d) A playboy millionaire.
3. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Eighty dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. Who informed Jessica and Esmond of some American idioms?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Peter Nevile.
(c) Tom Mitford.
(d) Lord Mosley.
5. Who was Horton?
(a) A doorman.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) An English butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
2. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
3. What did Jessica and Esmond do with their evenings in Washington?
4. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
5. Why did Jessica and Esmond travel to Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)