|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esmond plan to do in New Orleans?
(a) Hold political lectures.
(b) Attend university.
(c) Work as a bartender.
(d) Write a book.
2. In which city did Esmond and Jessica try out his game-winning system?
3. Why did Jessica and Esmond travel to Washington, D.C.?
(a) To attend a presidential inauguration.
(b) To invest in a property development.
(c) To learn about American politics.
(d) To visit a relative.
4. For which magazine did Michael Straight work?
(a) The Saturday Evening Post.
(c) The New Republic.
5. On their travels, what did Esmond and Jessica discuss with many of the people they met?
(a) Finding work.
(c) Life in England.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
2. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
3. In which month did Jessica and Esmond arrive in New York?
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
5. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jessica and Esmond lose all their money in France?
2. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
3. In the time after they left New York, what would Jessica and Esmond discuss with many of the people they met?
4. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
5. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
6. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
7. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
8. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
9. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
10. How did Jessica and Esmond spend their first days in New York?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)