|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Horton?
(a) A clergyman.
(b) An English butler.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A doorman.
2. What made Esmond and Jessica decide to get their American tour started?
(a) Esmond lost his job.
(b) A friend became available to help.
(c) They had saved up the right amount of money.
(d) They thought they should do it before winter.
3. How long did Jessica and Esmond stay together in America?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three and a half years.
(d) Six months.
4. In which month did Jessica and Esmond arrive in New York?
5. How did Esmond feel about his job in Washington?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
2. Who was Mr. Donahue?
3. What did Donahue want Jessica and Esmond to do?
4. What did Esmond plan to do in New Orleans?
5. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
2. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
3. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
4. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
5. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
6. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
7. Where did Esmond find employment, and how was the pay?
8. In the time after they left New York, what would Jessica and Esmond discuss with many of the people they met?
9. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
10. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)