|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Esmond borrow from the Meyers to invest in a bar?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
2. How did the people the Romillys met in Washington feel about the American government's economic programs?
3. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A souvenir stall.
(b) A Scottish tweed shop.
(c) A hat shop.
(d) A popcorn stand.
4. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
(c) Hotel management.
(d) Auto repair.
5. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Clifford Durr's wife's name?
2. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
3. How much money did Donahue tell Jessica and Esmond they had made?
4. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay at a small cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
2. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
3. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond spend their first days in New York?
5. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
6. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
7. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
8. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
9. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
10. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)