|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Esmond feel about his job in Washington?
2. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The French.
3. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Jessica's aunt.
(b) Esmond's uncle Winston.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Roger Roughton.
4. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
5. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To rip off rich clientele.
(b) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
(c) To lose money.
(d) To launder money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
2. Instead of New Orleans, where did the Romillys end up after getting lost?
3. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
4. What story was replayed in the New York papers after Jessica and Esmond moved there?
5. What was Clifford Durr's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
2. What trouble did Jessica and Esmond run into with an electric company?
3. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
4. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
5. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
6. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
7. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
8. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
9. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
10. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)