|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the people the Romillys met in Washington feel about the American government's economic programs?
2. Where did Jessica find work in New York?
(a) At a music school.
(b) In an art gallery.
(c) In a cafe.
(d) In a dress shop.
3. How did Jessica feel while attending the Communist Party meeting?
4. What did Jessica and Esmond do with their evenings in Washington?
(a) Attended social events.
(b) Went to the movies.
(c) Read books at home.
(d) Wrote letters to friends in England.
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
(a) The Abbey Victoria Hotel.
(b) The Shelton Hotel.
(c) The Stanhope Hotel.
(d) The Hotel Chelsea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
2. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
3. What puzzled Jessica and Esmond about American politics?
4. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
5. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
2. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
3. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
4. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
5. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
6. With whom did Jessica find a new job in 1939?
7. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
8. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
9. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
10. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)