|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about at dinner?
(a) Their feelings about communism.
(b) Their experiences in Spain.
(c) Their lives in England.
(d) Their children.
2. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The amount of poverty.
(b) The architecture.
(c) How much it was like England.
(d) The hospitality of the locals.
3. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
(a) Prohibition agencies.
(b) New Deal agencies.
(c) Immigration agencies.
(d) Agricultural agencies.
4. What was Clifford Durr's wife's name?
5. What was Michael Straight's position at the magazine for which he worked?
(a) Political columnist.
(b) Advertising salesman.
(d) Art director.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
2. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
3. Who was Horton?
4. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
5. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)