|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which state did Donahue invite Jessica and Esmond to travel with him?
(a) New Mexico.
2. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
(a) The situation in England.
(b) Starting a new life in America.
(c) The weaknesses of the Nazi party.
(d) His experiences in Spain.
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond spend time visiting Kay Graham?
(a) Fairfield County.
(b) Nassau County.
(c) Putnam County.
(d) Westchester County.
4. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) The League of Fascists.
(c) The London Horse Club.
(d) The Communist Party.
5. Upon arriving in New York, what did Jessica and Esmond notice about Americans?
(a) Their religious convictions.
(b) Their relative poverty.
(c) Their fashion sense.
(d) Their nationalistic feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esmond and Jessica collect in preparation for moving to America?
2. Instead of New Orleans, where did the Romillys end up after getting lost?
3. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
4. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
5. What puzzled Jessica and Esmond about American politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
2. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
3. How did Jessica and Esmond spend their first days in New York?
4. What trouble did Jessica and Esmond run into with an electric company?
5. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
6. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
7. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
8. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
9. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
10. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)