|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond spend time visiting Kay Graham?
(a) Westchester County.
(b) Fairfield County.
(c) Nassau County.
(d) Putnam County.
2. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay?
(a) The way they spent their money.
(b) The way they valued education.
(c) They way they each related to their parents.
(d) Their interest in politics.
3. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
4. What did Jessica do while Esmond was selling his wares in Washington?
(a) Worked at a shoe shop.
(b) Worked as his assistant.
(c) Worked in a library.
(d) Took care of their son at home.
5. Who was Mr. Donahue?
(a) A jockey.
(b) A landlord.
(c) A filmmaker.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
2. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
3. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
5. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jessica refuse to have lunch on the ship that Nancy was supposed to have been on?
2. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to marry?
3. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
4. What did a friend offer Jessica and Esmond to help with their financial troubles?
5. How did Jessica and Esmond end up in Miami?
6. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
7. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
8. Where did Esmond find employment, and how was the pay?
9. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
10. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)