|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
(a) The Soviets.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The French.
2. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To launder money.
(b) To lose money.
(c) To rip off rich clientele.
(d) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
3. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) A state senator.
(b) A small-time businessman.
(c) An organized-crime kingpin.
(d) A playboy millionaire.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay at a small cottage?
(a) The Hamptons.
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) Fenwick Island.
5. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
(a) That Donahue was a con man.
(b) That Donahue was well-respected.
(c) That Donahue had gone bankrupt.
(d) That Donahue had been in an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did Esmond and Jessica try out his game-winning system?
2. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
3. Where did Jessica find work in New York?
4. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
5. What method did Esmond use to sell his products in Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
2. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay Graham?
3. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
4. With whom did Jessica find a new job in 1939?
5. In the time after they left New York, what would Jessica and Esmond discuss with many of the people they met?
6. How did Jessica and Esmond lose all their money in France?
7. How did Jessica and Esmond spend their first days in New York?
8. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
9. While living in Washington, D.C., what were the Romillys hired to write and by whom?
10. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)