|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the people the Romillys met in Washington feel about the American government's economic programs?
2. How did Jessica feel while attending the Communist Party meeting?
3. Who informed Jessica and Esmond of some American idioms?
(a) Tom Mitford.
(b) Dorothy Allhusen.
(c) Lord Mosley.
(d) Peter Nevile.
4. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
5. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Seldon Rodman a co-editor?
2. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
3. Which of her sisters did Jessica miss and wonder about while she was in America?
4. What story was replayed in the New York papers after Jessica and Esmond moved there?
5. What puzzled Jessica and Esmond about American politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
2. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
3. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
4. What trouble did Jessica and Esmond run into with an electric company?
5. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
6. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
7. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
8. How did Jessica and Esmond end up in Miami?
9. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
10. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)