|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
(a) Auto repair.
(c) Hotel management.
2. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
(a) Manuscript editor.
(c) Shop assistant.
(d) Market researcher.
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) How much it was like England.
(b) The architecture.
(c) The hospitality of the locals.
(d) The amount of poverty.
4. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
(a) That Donahue was a con man.
(b) That Donahue was well-respected.
(c) That Donahue had gone bankrupt.
(d) That Donahue had been in an accident.
5. In which city did Esmond and Jessica try out his game-winning system?
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
2. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
3. For what was Seldon Rodman a co-editor?
4. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
5. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
2. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
4. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
5. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
6. Why did Jessica and Esmond leave Spain?
7. With whom did Jessica find a new job in 1939?
8. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
9. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
10. What trouble did Jessica and Esmond run into with an electric company?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)