|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story was replayed in the New York papers after Jessica and Esmond moved there?
(a) The story of Diana's divorce
(b) The story of Nancy's success.
(c) The story of Prince Edward's love affair.
(d) The story of Jessica and Esmond's elopement.
2. For what was Seldon Rodman a co-editor?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A medical journal.
(c) A left-wing magazine.
(d) A fashion magazine.
3. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
4. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
5. How long did it take for Esmond and Jessica to lose all their money gambling?
(a) Four and a half hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
2. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
3. For which magazine did Michael Straight work?
4. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
5. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)