|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esmond and Jessica collect in preparation for moving to America?
(a) Letters of introduction.
(b) Jewelry to pawn.
(c) Savings bonds.
(d) Books to read on the journey.
2. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) Their hotel's owner.
(b) Their neighbor.
(c) A local schoolteacher.
(d) Jessica translated herself.
3. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(c) Horse racing.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
(a) The Stanhope Hotel.
(b) The Abbey Victoria Hotel.
(c) The Shelton Hotel.
(d) The Hotel Chelsea.
5. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By working for a newspaper.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By selling homemade jam.
(d) By lecturing on English life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay?
2. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
3. How did Esmond feel about his job in Washington?
4. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
5. How much money did Esmond borrow from the Meyers to invest in a bar?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)