|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children call their father?
(a) His Majesty.
(b) Father 'M'.
2. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) At Swinbrook.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In London.
(d) In Germany.
3. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an accountant.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a magistrate.
(d) He was a polo player.
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
(d) King's College.
5. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) New York.
(d) The Baltic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
2. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
3. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
4. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
5. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
Short Essay Questions
1. While living in Washington, D.C., what were the Romillys hired to write and by whom?
2. What did a friend offer Jessica and Esmond to help with their financial troubles?
3. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to do after Esmond lost his job?
4. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
5. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
6. How did Jessica and Esmond lose all their money in France?
7. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
8. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
9. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
10. Why wasn't Jessica able to travel to Spain on the day that had been planned?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)