|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(b) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(c) Jessica was often late for events.
(d) Jessica talked about her political views.
2. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A radio.
(c) A tent.
(d) A camera.
3. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were rather stuffy.
(b) They were bored.
(c) They were amazing.
(d) They were crazy.
4. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(b) High Wycombe.
5. What was the name of the Mitford son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
3. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
4. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
5. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
2. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
3. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
4. Explain Jessica's relationship with a girl named Rose.
5. What was the Society of Hons?
6. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
7. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
8. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
9. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
10. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)