|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
(a) In a bookstore.
(b) In a cafe.
(c) In an apartment.
(d) In a church basement.
2. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A boxing match.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A dinner show.
(d) A post office.
4. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(a) Her majesty.
(b) Mother 'M'.
5. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
2. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
3. What was Esmond's surname?
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
5. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
2. What caused tension between Jessica and one of her sisters on the cruise to the Mediterranean?
3. What did Jessica find out about her cousin Esmond in London?
4. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
5. What was the Society of Hons?
6. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
7. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
8. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
9. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
10. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)