Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cargo boat.
(b) A sail boat.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) A fishing boat.
3. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A swimming pool.
4. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
5. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(b) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(c) Jessica talked about her political views.
(d) Jessica was often late for events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
2. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
3. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
4. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
5. Where had Diana gone to study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
2. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
3. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
4. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
5. What did Jessica think of the protest meeting held by the Communists that she attended?
6. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
7. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
8. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
9. What idea did Esmond come up with to make money in America?
10. What surprised Esmond and Jessica about the people they met from the American Federation of Labor?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)