|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
(a) Her "University Fund" savings account.
(b) Her "Running Away" savings account.
(c) Her "Rainy Day" savings account.
(d) Her "Mine All Mine" savings account.
2. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica talked about her political views.
(b) Jessica was often late for events.
(c) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(d) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
3. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
5. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Mixing with the upper class.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Attending parties.
(d) Getting dressed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
4. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
5. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Jessica able to travel to Spain on the day that had been planned?
2. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
3. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
4. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
5. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
6. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
7. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
8. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
9. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
10. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)