|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tom study at school?
2. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) She stole money from her parents.
(b) With her trust-fund money.
(c) She secretly worked in a shop.
(d) With her "Running Away" savings account.
3. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(a) Their extended family.
(c) Each other.
(d) Their father.
4. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Lady Birds.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Girls' Brigade.
(d) The Girl Guides.
5. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Getting dressed up.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Mixing with the upper class.
(d) Attending parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
2. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
3. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
4. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
5. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
2. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
3. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
4. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
5. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
6. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
7. What caused tension between Jessica and one of her sisters on the cruise to the Mediterranean?
8. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
9. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
10. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)