|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
2. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
3. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was an accountant.
(c) He was a magistrate.
(d) He was a polo player.
5. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(a) Collecting scrap metal.
(b) Writing for a newspaper.
(c) Selling state secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
2. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
3. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
4. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
5. Where had Diana gone to study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
3. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
4. While living in Washington, D.C., what were the Romillys hired to write and by whom?
5. Why did Jessica refuse to have lunch on the ship that Nancy was supposed to have been on?
6. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
7. What did Jessica do while Esmond was fighting in Europe?
8. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
9. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
10. What trouble did Jessica and Esmond run into with an electric company?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)