|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
(a) Tides of Change.
(b) Out of Bounds.
(c) Britain for the Future.
(d) Freedom Tomorrow.
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
(a) Their trust funds.
(b) A boy named James.
(d) The family's vacation plans.
4. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) She stole money from her parents.
(b) She secretly worked in a shop.
(c) With her trust-fund money.
(d) With her "Running Away" savings account.
5. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
2. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
3. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
4. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
5. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
2. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
3. How did Jessica feel about the wedding of her sister Diana, and why didn't she attend?
4. Why wasn't Jessica able to travel to Spain on the day that had been planned?
5. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
6. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
7. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
8. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
9. Explain Jessica's relationship with a girl named Rose.
10. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)