|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To introduce the girls to society.
(b) To have fun in the ship casino.
(c) A matchmaking opportunity.
(d) An educational tour.
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
4. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
5. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was a magistrate.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was an accountant.
(d) He was a polo player.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
3. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
4. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
5. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
2. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
3. How did Jessica feel about the wedding of her sister Diana, and why didn't she attend?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
5. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
6. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
7. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
8. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
9. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
10. With plans to attend university, what worried Jessica about her schooling?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)