|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
2. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
3. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Fascists.
4. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
(a) Between maid.
(b) Stable girl.
(d) Kitchen assistant.
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A post office.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A dinner show.
(d) A boxing match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
2. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
3. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
4. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
5. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
2. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
3. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
4. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
5. What was the Society of Hons?
6. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
7. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
8. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
9. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
10. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)