|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(d) The postman.
2. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With parties.
(b) With travel.
(c) With schooling.
(d) With shopping.
3. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
4. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was having an affair.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(d) She had divorced.
5. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
2. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
3. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
4. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
2. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
3. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
4. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
5. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
6. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
7. What caused tension between Jessica and one of her sisters on the cruise to the Mediterranean?
8. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
9. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
10. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)