|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
(a) To live in Paris for a year.
(b) On a world cruise.
(c) On a vacation in Italy.
(d) To visit family in London.
2. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(a) Natural capitalism.
(b) Equal opportunity.
3. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To introduce the girls to society.
(b) An educational tour.
(c) A matchmaking opportunity.
(d) To have fun in the ship casino.
4. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(c) The postman.
5. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A bowling alley.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Mitford son?
2. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
3. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
4. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
5. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jessica feel about the wedding of her sister Diana, and why didn't she attend?
2. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
3. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about when they visited for dinner?
4. What surprised Esmond and Jessica about the people they met from the American Federation of Labor?
5. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
6. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
7. When did Esmond decide he would join the service and fight in Europe?
8. What did a friend offer Jessica and Esmond to help with their financial troubles?
9. What happened to Jessica and Esmond's daughter?
10. Who was Mr. Donahue, and what did he do?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)