|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) With her trust-fund money.
(b) She stole money from her parents.
(c) With her "Running Away" savings account.
(d) She secretly worked in a shop.
2. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From the radio.
(c) From a friend.
(d) From newspaper reports.
3. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was a magistrate.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a polo player.
(d) He was an accountant.
4. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A boy.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A political pamphlet.
(d) A swastika pin.
5. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her cousin Giles.
(b) Her sister Boud.
(c) Her sister Nancy.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Diana gone to study?
2. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
3. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
4. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
5. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
2. What caused tension between Jessica and one of her sisters on the cruise to the Mediterranean?
3. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
4. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
5. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
6. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
7. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
8. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
9. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
10. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)