|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was a polo player.
(b) He was an accountant.
(c) He was an artist.
(d) He was a magistrate.
2. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
(a) Sir Mosley.
(b) The foreign minister.
(c) The British ambassador.
3. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(b) New York.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Baltic.
4. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
5. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The Albert Hall.
(c) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
2. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
3. Where had Diana gone to study?
4. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
5. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
2. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
3. What was the Society of Hons?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
5. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
6. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
7. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
8. What was the Romilly brothers' book about?
9. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
10. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)