|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
(d) High Wycombe.
2. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she never married.
(d) Why she had a scar on her face.
3. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
4. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) The car she was riding in broke down.
(b) She got lost on the way to the church.
(c) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
(d) She had scarlet fever.
5. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A bowling alley.
(d) A hospital room.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
2. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
3. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
4. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
5. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
Short Essay Questions
1. While living in Washington, D.C., what were the Romillys hired to write and by whom?
2. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
3. How did Esmond come to be part owner of a restaurant in Miami?
4. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
5. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
6. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
7. With whom did Jessica and Esmond stay in Martha's Vineyard? What types of people did they meet in Martha's Vineyard?
8. What did Jessica do while Esmond was fighting in Europe?
9. What rumors circulated about Boud around Christmas 1939?
10. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)