|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(a) Rising unemployment.
(b) Political corruption.
2. What did the children call their father?
(a) Father 'M'.
(c) His Majesty.
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her sister Nancy.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister Boud.
(d) Her cousin Giles.
4. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(a) High Wycombe.
5. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
(a) Debo hated it.
(b) The war started.
(c) The school burned down.
(d) Jessica was being picked on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
2. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
3. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
4. Where was the Mitford home in London?
5. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
2. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
3. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
4. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
5. What was the Society of Hons?
6. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
7. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
8. Why wasn't Jessica able to travel to Spain on the day that had been planned?
9. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
10. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)