|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Girls' Brigade.
(b) The Lady Birds.
(c) The Sunbeams.
(d) The Girl Guides.
2. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Baltic.
(c) New York.
3. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana looked pregnant.
(b) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(c) Diana became sweeter.
(d) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
4. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
(a) Their trust funds.
(b) The family's vacation plans.
(c) A boy named James.
5. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) The Albert Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
2. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
3. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
4. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
5. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
2. What was the Society of Hons?
3. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
4. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
5. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
6. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
7. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
8. With plans to attend university, what worried Jessica about her schooling?
9. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
10. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)