|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To introduce the girls to society.
(b) A matchmaking opportunity.
(c) To have fun in the ship casino.
(d) An educational tour.
2. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) A bowling alley.
3. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
4. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) The country air.
(b) Seeing her friends.
(c) Having servants.
(d) Her parents.
5. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A cargo boat.
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A sail boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
2. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
4. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
5. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
2. What did Jessica find out about her cousin Esmond in London?
3. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
5. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
6. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
7. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
8. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
9. Explain Jessica's relationship with a girl named Rose.
10. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)