|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Attending parties.
(c) Getting dressed up.
(d) Mixing with the upper class.
2. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A tent.
(b) A camera.
(c) A radio.
(d) A suitcase.
3. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
4. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
5. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With shopping.
(b) With travel.
(c) With parties.
(d) With schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
2. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
3. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
4. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
2. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
3. What did Jessica find out about her cousin Esmond in London?
4. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
5. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
6. Why wasn't Jessica able to travel to Spain on the day that had been planned?
7. What was the Society of Hons?
8. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
9. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
10. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)