|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To prevent gossiping.
(b) To avoid taxes.
(c) To create an air of mystery.
(d) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
2. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Getting dressed up.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Mixing with the upper class.
(d) Attending parties.
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A dinner show.
(b) A post office.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A boxing match.
4. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
5. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
2. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
3. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
4. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
5. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
2. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
3. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
4. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
5. With plans to attend university, what worried Jessica about her schooling?
6. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
7. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
8. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
9. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
10. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)