|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(a) The Baltic.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(d) New York.
2. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
(a) The school burned down.
(b) The war started.
(c) Debo hated it.
(d) Jessica was being picked on.
3. Where had Diana gone to study?
(c) New York.
4. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
5. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
(a) Her "Rainy Day" savings account.
(b) Her "University Fund" savings account.
(c) Her "Mine All Mine" savings account.
(d) Her "Running Away" savings account.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
2. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
3. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
4. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
5. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
2. Why did Esmond and Jessica decide to go to Washington, D.C.?
3. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
4. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
5. With plans to attend university, what worried Jessica about her schooling?
6. Where did Jessica and Esmond find employment in London?
7. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to emigrate to America?
8. What was a typical day like for Jessica and Esmond in Bilbao?
9. What story was replayed in the press when Jessica and Esmond moved to New York?
10. What was the situation in Europe in 1939?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)