|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A political pamphlet.
(b) A boy.
(c) A swastika pin.
(d) A pair of shoes.
2. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A sail boat.
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A cargo boat.
3. What did the children call their father?
(a) His Majesty.
(b) Father 'M'.
4. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
5. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(a) Equal opportunity.
(c) Natural capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
2. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
3. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
4. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
5. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
2. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
3. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
4. With plans to attend university, what worried Jessica about her schooling?
5. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
6. What did Jessica find out about her cousin Esmond in London?
7. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
8. What caused tension between Jessica and one of her sisters on the cruise to the Mediterranean?
9. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
10. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)