|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
2. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(b) Diana became sweeter.
(c) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
(d) Diana looked pregnant.
3. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
(a) A poetry house.
(b) An education center.
(c) A center for runaway boys.
(d) A library.
4. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
5. What did Tom study at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
2. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
3. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
4. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
5. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. With plans to attend university, what worried Jessica about her schooling?
2. After Diana married, how did Jessica's opinion of her change?
3. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
4. Explain Jessica's relationship with a girl named Rose.
5. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
6. How did Jessica feel about the wedding of her sister Diana, and why didn't she attend?
7. Where did Jessica's political beliefs lie in the 1930s?
8. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
9. In the late 1930s, how did Muv try to make Jessica, bored and frustrated with her life, feel better about her future?
10. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)