|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
2. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) We Are The Hons.
(b) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(c) Hons of the World.
(d) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
3. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) In Germany.
(b) In Paris.
(c) At Swinbrook.
(d) In London.
4. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A political pamphlet.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A swastika pin.
(d) A boy.
5. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
(a) On a world cruise.
(b) To live in Paris for a year.
(c) On a vacation in Italy.
(d) To visit family in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
2. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
3. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
4. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
5. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Jessica able to travel to Spain on the day that had been planned?
2. Why didn't the Mitfords immediately approve of Diana's engagement?
3. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
4. How did Jessica and Esmond intend to cover their expenses in Spain?
5. What effect did the friends Nancy invited to visit Swinbrook have on Jessica?
6. What did Jessica find out about her cousin Esmond in London?
7. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
8. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
9. Where did Jessica go for a year around the age of 15-16?
10. With plans to attend university, what worried Jessica about her schooling?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)