|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) Human sexuality.
(d) Life in America.
2. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) The Albert Hall.
3. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(a) Each other.
(b) Their extended family.
(c) Their father.
4. What did Tom study at school?
5. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were amazing.
(c) They were rather stuffy.
(d) They were bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
2. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
3. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
4. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
5. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the younger generation blame for the problems of the 1930s?
2. Why wasn't Jessica able to travel to Spain on the day that had been planned?
3. What was Jessica and Esmond's boat trip to Spain like?
4. What was the Mitfords' home in London like?
5. Explain Jessica's relationship with a girl named Rose.
6. How was Hitler involved with the Mitford family?
7. What did Jessica find out about her cousin Esmond in London?
8. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
9. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
10. What did Jessica think about her aunts and uncles?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)