|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(b) Mother 'M'.
(c) Her majesty.
3. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From newspaper reports.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From the radio.
4. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
5. What was the name of the Mitford son?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
2. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
3. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
4. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
5. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the institutions in which the Mitford family had an interest?
2. What did Jessica think of the Romilly brothers' book?
3. Why was Jessica disappointed by her debut season?
4. With an awareness of poverty, what idea did Jessica come up with as a child?
5. What ruse did Jessica come up with to disguise her plans to go to Spain?
6. What sort of education did the Mitford children receive?
7. What caused tension between Jessica and one of her sisters on the cruise to the Mediterranean?
8. What did Giles Romilly tell Jessica when they met for the first time?
9. How did Jessica feel about the wedding of her sister Diana, and why didn't she attend?
10. What did Jessica organize with her friend Peter Nevile?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)