Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(d) Horse racing.
2. Which of her sisters did Jessica miss and wonder about while she was in America?
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The amount of poverty.
(b) The hospitality of the locals.
(c) The architecture.
(d) How much it was like England.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
(a) The Stanhope Hotel.
(b) The Shelton Hotel.
(c) The Abbey Victoria Hotel.
(d) The Hotel Chelsea.
5. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A hat shop.
(b) A popcorn stand.
(c) A Scottish tweed shop.
(d) A souvenir stall.
6. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
(b) Shop assistant.
(c) Manuscript editor.
(d) Market researcher.
7. Where did Jessica and Esmond spend time visiting Kay Graham?
(a) Nassau County.
(b) Westchester County.
(c) Fairfield County.
(d) Putnam County.
8. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
(b) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(c) The World Series.
(d) The 1939 World's Fair.
9. Why did Jessica and Esmond travel to Washington, D.C.?
(a) To invest in a property development.
(b) To learn about American politics.
(c) To visit a relative.
(d) To attend a presidential inauguration.
10. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Whooping cough.
11. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay at a small cottage?
(a) The Hamptons.
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Fenwick Island.
12. What did Jessica and Esmond do with their evenings in Washington?
(a) Attended social events.
(b) Read books at home.
(c) Wrote letters to friends in England.
(d) Went to the movies.
13. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By working for a newspaper.
(b) By lecturing on English life.
(c) By gambling.
(d) By selling homemade jam.
14. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their hospitality.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Their knowledge of England.
15. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to wait for prior to returning to England?
(a) Until they had had visited 15 states.
(b) For their money to run out.
(c) Until their parents had forgiven them.
(d) For the fighting to begin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
2. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
3. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
4. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
5. In which month did Jessica and Esmond arrive in New York?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)