|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(a) Horse racing.
2. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
(a) New Deal agencies.
(b) Agricultural agencies.
(c) Prohibition agencies.
(d) Immigration agencies.
3. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
(a) Buy groceries.
(b) Household chores.
(c) Send a telegram.
(d) Drive an automobile.
4. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A bank.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A post office.
5. What did Esmond plan to do in New Orleans?
(a) Work as a bartender.
(b) Attend university.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Hold political lectures.
6. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington?
(a) Selling encyclopedias.
(b) Selling stockings.
(c) Selling vacuum cleaners.
(d) Selling umbrellas.
7. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
8. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
(a) Be a witness to Jessica and Esmond's marriage.
(b) Find Jessica.
(c) Arrest Esmond.
(d) Give Jessica some money.
9. How much money did Donahue tell Jessica and Esmond they had made?
(a) Forty dollars.
(b) Twenty-five dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Seventy dollars.
10. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
(a) Little Italy.
(b) Greenwich Village.
11. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Roger Roughton.
(b) Dorothy Allhusen.
(c) Jessica's aunt.
(d) Esmond's uncle Winston.
12. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
(a) Market researcher.
(b) Manuscript editor.
(d) Shop assistant.
13. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A hat shop.
(b) A Scottish tweed shop.
(c) A souvenir stall.
(d) A popcorn stand.
14. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to wait for prior to returning to England?
(a) Until they had had visited 15 states.
(b) Until their parents had forgiven them.
(c) For their money to run out.
(d) For the fighting to begin.
15. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
3. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
4. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
5. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)