|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
(a) New England.
(b) West Virginia.
2. Where did Jessica find work in New York?
(a) In a dress shop.
(b) In an art gallery.
(c) At a music school.
(d) In a cafe.
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond spend time visiting Kay Graham?
(a) Westchester County.
(b) Fairfield County.
(c) Putnam County.
(d) Nassau County.
4. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(b) The 1939 World's Fair.
(c) The World Series.
(d) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
5. What did Esmond find a job doing in Washington?
(a) Selling stockings.
(b) Selling umbrellas.
(c) Selling vacuum cleaners.
(d) Selling encyclopedias.
6. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
(a) Like it was a living hell.
(b) Like it was a mistake.
(c) Like it was her destiny.
(d) Like it was a dream.
7. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(a) Whooping cough.
(d) Scarlet fever.
8. In which month did Jessica and Esmond arrive in New York?
9. In which season did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
10. What did Jessica do while Esmond was selling his wares in Washington?
(a) Worked as his assistant.
(b) Worked in a library.
(c) Worked at a shoe shop.
(d) Took care of their son at home.
11. In which city did Esmond and Jessica try out his game-winning system?
12. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
13. How did Jessica and Esmond amass a large electricity bill?
(a) They left their lights on 24 hours a day.
(b) They forgot to pay their bills on time.
(c) They had thought that electricity was free.
(d) Some neighbors illegally tapped into their electricity.
14. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
15. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(a) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
2. What did Esmond plan to do in New Orleans?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
4. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
5. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)