|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay?
(a) Their interest in politics.
(b) The way they spent their money.
(c) They way they each related to their parents.
(d) The way they valued education.
2. How much money did Donahue tell Jessica and Esmond they had made?
(a) Twenty-five dollars.
(b) Seventy dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Forty dollars.
3. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The League of Fascists.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The London Horse Club.
4. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Esmond's uncle Winston.
(b) Roger Roughton.
(c) Jessica's aunt.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay in New York?
(a) The Abbey Victoria Hotel.
(b) The Hotel Chelsea.
(c) The Stanhope Hotel.
(d) The Shelton Hotel.
6. How much did Jessica receive from her trust fund when she turned 21?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Five hundred pounds.
(c) Fifty pounts.
(d) Two hundred and fifty pounds.
7. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
8. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A popcorn stand.
(b) A Scottish tweed shop.
(c) A souvenir stall.
(d) A hat shop.
9. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A political journal.
(c) A lawyer's office.
(d) An advertising agency.
10. What did Jessica and Esmond do with their evenings in Washington?
(a) Read books at home.
(b) Wrote letters to friends in England.
(c) Went to the movies.
(d) Attended social events.
11. On their travels, what did Esmond and Jessica discuss with many of the people they met?
(a) The weather.
(b) Life in England.
(d) Finding work.
12. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
(a) Immigration agencies.
(b) Prohibition agencies.
(c) Agricultural agencies.
(d) New Deal agencies.
13. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
(a) Treating patients at a hospital.
(b) Typing up news stories.
(c) Sitting on the beach.
(d) Scavenging for items to sell.
14. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
15. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By gambling.
(b) By selling homemade jam.
(c) By lecturing on English life.
(d) By working for a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
2. To which state did Donahue invite Jessica and Esmond to travel with him?
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
4. Where did Esmond work in France?
5. How much money did Esmond borrow from the Meyers to invest in a bar?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)