|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of her sisters did Jessica miss and wonder about while she was in America?
2. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
(a) Esmond would go to prison.
(b) Esmond would be abandoned by his family.
(c) Jessica's father would marry her off to an old man.
(d) Jessica would be disinherited.
3. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Jessica's aunt.
(b) Esmond's uncle Winston.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Roger Roughton.
4. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
5. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Peter Nevil.
(b) Anthony Eden.
(c) Jessica's father.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
6. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
(a) Immigration agencies.
(b) Agricultural agencies.
(c) Prohibition agencies.
(d) New Deal agencies.
7. What did Esmond plan to do in New Orleans?
(a) Hold political lectures.
(b) Attend university.
(c) Work as a bartender.
(d) Write a book.
8. In which season did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
9. What did Donahue want Jessica and Esmond to do?
(a) Participate in his betting scheme.
(b) Produce a movie with him.
(c) Invest in some land with him.
(d) Attend his party at a casino.
10. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Jessica's mother.
(c) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(d) A French judge.
11. How much did Jessica receive from her trust fund when she turned 21?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Fifty pounts.
(c) Two hundred and fifty pounds.
(d) Five hundred pounds.
12. What did Jessica and Esmond do with their evenings in Washington?
(a) Went to the movies.
(b) Attended social events.
(c) Read books at home.
(d) Wrote letters to friends in England.
13. How long did it take for Esmond and Jessica to lose all their money gambling?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Four and a half hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Thirty minutes.
14. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
15. Who was Horton?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A doorman.
(d) An English butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
2. What method did Esmond use to sell his products in Washington?
3. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
4. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
5. What was Michael Straight's position at the magazine for which he worked?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)