|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(b) Political corruption.
(d) Rising unemployment.
2. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
3. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Liberal Democrats.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Labor Party.
(d) The Conservative Party.
4. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(b) Jessica's father's mistress.
(c) Esmond's guardian.
(d) One of Jessica's governesses.
5. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(b) Diana became sweeter.
(c) Diana looked pregnant.
(d) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
6. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
(a) King's College.
7. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A radio.
(b) A camera.
(c) A tent.
(d) A suitcase.
8. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The Albert Hall.
(c) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
9. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) She had scarlet fever.
(b) She got lost on the way to the church.
(c) The car she was riding in broke down.
(d) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
10. What was the name of the Mitford son?
11. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was having an affair.
(b) She had divorced.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
12. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was a polo player.
(c) He was an accountant.
(d) He was a magistrate.
13. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His army days.
(b) His university days.
(c) His days at sea.
(d) His childhood.
14. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
15. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
(b) High Wycombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
2. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
3. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
4. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
5. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)