Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cargo boat.
(b) A sail boat.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) A fishing boat.
3. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A swimming pool.
4. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
5. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(b) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(c) Jessica talked about her political views.
(d) Jessica was often late for events.
6. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
(a) Her "Running Away" savings account.
(b) Her "Rainy Day" savings account.
(c) Her "Mine All Mine" savings account.
(d) Her "University Fund" savings account.
7. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Fascists.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Red Cross.
8. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Albert Hall.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Kensington Palace Gardens.
9. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A political pamphlet.
(b) A swastika pin.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A boy.
10. Where had Diana gone to study?
(c) New York.
11. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Every child should get a university degree.
(b) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(c) Studying is a waste of time.
(d) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
12. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) One of Jessica's governesses.
(b) Esmond's guardian.
(c) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(d) Jessica's father's mistress.
13. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
(a) Stable girl.
(b) Kitchen assistant.
(d) Between maid.
14. What was Esmond's surname?
15. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) An educational tour.
(b) To have fun in the ship casino.
(c) To introduce the girls to society.
(d) A matchmaking opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
2. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
3. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
4. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
5. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)