|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
(b) We Are The Hons.
(c) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(d) Hons of the World.
2. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
(a) A poetry house.
(b) A library.
(c) A center for runaway boys.
(d) An education center.
3. Where was the Mitford home in London?
(a) East Finchley.
(b) Dartmouth Park
(c) Rutland Gate.
4. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Liberal Democrats.
(c) The Conservative Party.
(d) The Labor Party.
5. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
6. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) The Oxford University Board.
(c) The Union of English Landowners.
(d) The Queen's Political Society.
7. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(b) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(c) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
(d) She had heard that he was handsome.
8. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Girls' Brigade.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Girl Guides.
(d) The Lady Birds.
9. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A camera.
(c) A tent.
(d) A radio.
10. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
11. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(a) High Wycombe.
12. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were bored.
(c) They were rather stuffy.
(d) They were amazing.
13. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(b) Their extended family.
(c) Each other.
(d) Their father.
14. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) The car she was riding in broke down.
(b) She got lost on the way to the church.
(c) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
(d) She had scarlet fever.
15. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(b) Water polo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
2. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
3. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
4. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
5. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)