|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
(a) A poetry house.
(b) A library.
(c) A center for runaway boys.
(d) An education center.
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
4. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her sister Nancy.
(b) Her sister Boud.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin Giles.
5. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
6. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(b) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(c) Jessica was often late for events.
(d) Jessica talked about her political views.
7. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
8. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) A novel.
(c) An instructional pamphlet.
(d) A newspaper article.
9. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) The Union of English Landowners.
(c) The Oxford University Board.
(d) The Queen's Political Society.
10. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Mixing with the upper class.
(b) Getting dressed up.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Attending parties.
11. What was Esmond's surname?
12. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
(a) Church hymns.
(b) Nazi songs.
(c) Nursery songs.
(d) French music.
13. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
14. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) An educational tour.
(b) A matchmaking opportunity.
(c) To introduce the girls to society.
(d) To have fun in the ship casino.
15. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(b) The postman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
3. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
4. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
5. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)