|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Mitford son?
2. Where had Diana gone to study?
(a) New York.
3. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Lancaster University.
(c) Wellington College.
(d) University of Exeter.
4. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
(a) The monarchy.
(c) Life in America.
(d) Human sexuality.
5. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(b) Her majesty.
(c) Mother 'M'.
6. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she had a scar on her face.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she hated her sisters.
(d) Why she never married.
7. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) Utter happiness.
(b) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(c) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
(d) Being able to relax.
8. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
9. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) An instructional pamphlet.
(b) A journal.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A novel.
10. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To introduce the girls to society.
(b) An educational tour.
(c) To have fun in the ship casino.
(d) A matchmaking opportunity.
11. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
12. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
13. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
14. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) We Are The Hons.
(b) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
(c) Hons of the World.
(d) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
15. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Mitford home in London?
2. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
3. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
5. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)