|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A sail boat.
(d) A cargo boat.
2. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were amazing.
(c) They were rather stuffy.
(d) They were bored.
3. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Red Cross.
4. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
(a) Wallis Simpson.
(b) Alice Barrymore.
(c) Diana Mitford.
(d) Hedy Lamarr.
5. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
6. What was the name of the Mitford son?
7. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
8. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
(a) A boy named James.
(b) The family's vacation plans.
(d) Their trust funds.
9. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(b) Diana became sweeter.
(c) Diana looked pregnant.
(d) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
10. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Liberal Democrats.
(b) The Labor Party.
(c) The Conservative Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
11. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A boy.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A political pamphlet.
(d) A swastika pin.
12. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A dinner show.
(c) A boxing match.
(d) A post office.
13. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
(a) Jessica was being picked on.
(b) Debo hated it.
(c) The school burned down.
(d) The war started.
14. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She had divorced.
(b) She was having an affair.
(c) She was ill.
(d) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
15. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His days at sea.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His university days.
(d) His army days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
2. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
3. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
4. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
5. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)