|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A political pamphlet.
(c) A swastika pin.
(d) A boy.
2. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(c) Water polo.
3. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She was having an affair.
(c) She had divorced.
(d) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
4. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(b) Her majesty.
(d) Mother 'M'.
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(b) Political corruption.
(c) Rising unemployment.
6. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) University of Exeter.
(b) Lancaster University.
(c) Wellington College.
(d) Oxford University.
7. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(a) Writing for a newspaper.
(b) Selling state secrets.
(c) Collecting scrap metal.
8. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(b) The Baltic.
(c) New York.
(d) The Mediterranean.
9. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(b) Studying is a waste of time.
(c) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(d) Every child should get a university degree.
10. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) At Swinbrook.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In London.
11. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A sail boat.
(c) A cargo boat.
(d) A fishing boat.
12. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(b) Hons of the World.
(c) We Are The Hons.
(d) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
13. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
14. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) She secretly worked in a shop.
(b) With her "Running Away" savings account.
(c) She stole money from her parents.
(d) With her trust-fund money.
15. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
2. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
3. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
4. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
5. What did the children call their father?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)