|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With shopping.
(b) With parties.
(c) With schooling.
(d) With travel.
2. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
3. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His army days.
(c) His university days.
(d) His days at sea.
4. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
(b) Being able to relax.
(c) Utter happiness.
(d) A woman having things to keep her busy.
5. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
6. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
(a) Her "Running Away" savings account.
(b) Her "Mine All Mine" savings account.
(c) Her "Rainy Day" savings account.
(d) Her "University Fund" savings account.
7. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
8. What was Esmond's surname?
9. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(d) Water polo.
10. What did the children call their father?
(b) His Majesty.
(d) Father 'M'.
11. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(a) New York.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Baltic.
12. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His fortune came from trade.
(b) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(c) He was a known playboy.
(d) He had no means of making a living.
13. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(a) Her majesty.
(d) Mother 'M'.
14. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Having servants.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The country air.
(d) Seeing her friends.
15. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A cargo boat.
(c) A sail boat.
(d) A cruise ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
2. Where had Diana gone to study?
3. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
4. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
5. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)