|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
3. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
4. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
(b) Utter happiness.
(c) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(d) Being able to relax.
5. Where was the Mitford home in London?
(a) Dartmouth Park
(b) East Finchley.
(d) Rutland Gate.
6. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) Jessica's father's mistress.
(b) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(c) Esmond's guardian.
(d) One of Jessica's governesses.
7. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(a) Their extended family.
(c) Each other.
(d) Their father.
8. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
(a) Nursery songs.
(b) Nazi songs.
(c) Church hymns.
(d) French music.
9. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Albert Hall.
(c) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
10. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His army days.
(b) His days at sea.
(c) His university days.
(d) His childhood.
11. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
(b) High Wycombe.
12. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
13. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From the radio.
(b) From her mother.
(c) From a friend.
(d) From newspaper reports.
14. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(b) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(c) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
(d) She had heard that he was handsome.
15. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
(a) Between maid.
(c) Stable girl.
(d) Kitchen assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
2. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
3. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
4. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
5. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)