|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) Jessica's father's mistress.
(b) One of Jessica's governesses.
(c) Esmond's guardian.
(d) A maid at Swinbrook House.
2. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(b) Rising unemployment.
(c) Political corruption.
3. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(c) Natural capitalism.
(d) Equal opportunity.
4. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Girls' Brigade.
(b) The Lady Birds.
(c) The Girl Guides.
(d) The Sunbeams.
5. Where was the Mitford home in London?
(b) Dartmouth Park
(c) East Finchley.
(d) Rutland Gate.
6. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana looked pregnant.
(b) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
(c) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(d) Diana became sweeter.
7. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was a lazy worker.
(b) She was caught stealing.
(c) She became ill.
(d) She was homesick.
8. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(a) The postman.
9. What did Tom study at school?
10. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A sail boat.
(b) A cargo boat.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) A fishing boat.
11. Where had Diana gone to study?
(a) New York.
12. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In London.
(d) At Swinbrook.
13. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were bored.
(b) They were rather stuffy.
(c) They were crazy.
(d) They were amazing.
14. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Having servants.
(c) The country air.
(d) Seeing her friends.
15. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From newspaper reports.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
2. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
3. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
4. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
5. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)