|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
(a) Wallis Simpson.
(b) Diana Mitford.
(c) Hedy Lamarr.
(d) Alice Barrymore.
2. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) With her trust-fund money.
(b) With her "Running Away" savings account.
(c) She secretly worked in a shop.
(d) She stole money from her parents.
3. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
4. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
(a) A boy named James.
(b) The family's vacation plans.
(c) Their trust funds.
5. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(b) The Baltic.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) New York.
6. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
7. Where was the Mitford home in London?
(a) Rutland Gate.
(c) Dartmouth Park
(d) East Finchley.
8. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(a) Political corruption.
(b) Rising unemployment.
9. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Wellington College.
(b) Lancaster University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) University of Exeter.
10. What was the name of the Mitford son?
11. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A political pamphlet.
(c) A boy.
(d) A swastika pin.
12. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
13. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana looked pregnant.
(b) Diana became sweeter.
(c) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(d) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
14. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His fortune came from trade.
(b) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(c) He was a known playboy.
(d) He had no means of making a living.
15. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
2. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
3. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
4. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
5. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)