|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
(b) We Are The Hons.
(c) Hons of the World.
(d) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
2. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) She secretly worked in a shop.
(b) With her "Running Away" savings account.
(c) With her trust-fund money.
(d) She stole money from her parents.
3. What was the name of the Mitford son?
4. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
5. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
6. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In London.
(d) At Swinbrook.
7. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
8. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With parties.
(b) With shopping.
(c) With travel.
(d) With schooling.
9. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To create an air of mystery.
(b) To prevent gossiping.
(c) To avoid taxes.
(d) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
10. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His university days.
(b) His days at sea.
(c) His army days.
(d) His childhood.
11. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(b) Diana became sweeter.
(c) Diana looked pregnant.
(d) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
12. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A post office.
(b) A dinner show.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A boxing match.
13. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Communists.
14. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
(a) Church hymns.
(b) French music.
(c) Nursery songs.
(d) Nazi songs.
15. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
2. What was Esmond's surname?
3. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
4. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
5. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)