|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With parties.
(b) With shopping.
(c) With travel.
(d) With schooling.
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(b) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(c) Studying is a waste of time.
(d) Every child should get a university degree.
3. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
(a) A library.
(b) A poetry house.
(c) An education center.
(d) A center for runaway boys.
4. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(c) Natural capitalism.
(d) Equal opportunity.
5. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Union of English Landowners.
(b) The Queen's Political Society.
(c) The Oxford University Board.
(d) The House of Lords.
6. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) Hons of the World.
(b) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(c) We Are The Hons.
(d) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
7. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cargo boat.
(b) A cruise ship.
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A sail boat.
8. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was a polo player.
(b) He was an accountant.
(c) He was an artist.
(d) He was a magistrate.
9. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(b) His fortune came from trade.
(c) He had no means of making a living.
(d) He was a known playboy.
10. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A hospital room.
11. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Seeing her friends.
(c) Having servants.
(d) The country air.
12. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
13. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
14. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
(b) Diana looked pregnant.
(c) Diana became sweeter.
(d) Diana treated Jessica differently.
15. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
2. What was Esmond's surname?
3. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
4. What did the children call their father?
5. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)