|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
(a) The war started.
(b) Debo hated it.
(c) The school burned down.
(d) Jessica was being picked on.
2. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
3. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) The country air.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Seeing her friends.
(d) Having servants.
5. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) We Are The Hons.
(b) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(c) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
(d) Hons of the World.
6. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(a) Selling state secrets.
(c) Collecting scrap metal.
(d) Writing for a newspaper.
7. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(b) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(c) She had heard that he was handsome.
(d) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
8. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) University of Exeter.
(b) Wellington College.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) Oxford University.
9. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A sail boat.
(d) A cargo boat.
10. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was homesick.
(b) She was a lazy worker.
(c) She became ill.
(d) She was caught stealing.
11. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Sunbeams.
(b) The Lady Birds.
(c) The Girls' Brigade.
(d) The Girl Guides.
12. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A boy.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A political pamphlet.
(d) A swastika pin.
13. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
14. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
15. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With shopping.
(b) With travel.
(c) With parties.
(d) With schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
2. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
3. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
4. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
5. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)