|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) University of Exeter.
(b) Wellington College.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) Oxford University.
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(b) Every child should get a university degree.
(c) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(d) Studying is a waste of time.
3. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was a lazy worker.
(b) She was homesick.
(c) She was caught stealing.
(d) She became ill.
4. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A cruise ship.
(b) A cargo boat.
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A sail boat.
5. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Getting dressed up.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Mixing with the upper class.
(d) Attending parties.
6. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their extended family.
(c) Each other.
7. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(c) Water polo.
8. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
(a) The British Socialist Supporters.
(b) The British Union of Fascists.
(c) The English Anarchy Movement.
(d) The Nazi Party of the United Kingdom.
9. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
10. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
11. What was the name of the Mitford son?
12. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(b) Jessica talked about her political views.
(c) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(d) Jessica was often late for events.
13. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
14. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) In Germany.
(b) In London.
(c) In Paris.
(d) At Swinbrook.
15. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From a friend.
(b) From newspaper reports.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
2. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
3. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
4. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
5. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)