|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A tent.
(c) A camera.
(d) A radio.
2. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
3. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(a) Political corruption.
(b) Rising unemployment.
4. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(a) New York.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The Baltic.
5. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) The Albert Hall.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Kensington Palace Gardens.
6. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her sister Boud.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister Nancy.
(d) Her cousin Giles.
7. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
8. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Oxford University Board.
(b) The Queen's Political Society.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The Union of English Landowners.
9. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(a) High Wycombe.
10. Where had Diana gone to study?
(d) New York.
11. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
(a) To visit family in London.
(b) To live in Paris for a year.
(c) On a world cruise.
(d) On a vacation in Italy.
12. What did the children call their father?
(a) His Majesty.
(c) Father 'M'.
13. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) An instructional pamphlet.
(c) A novel.
(d) A newspaper article.
14. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
15. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She became ill.
(b) She was homesick.
(c) She was a lazy worker.
(d) She was caught stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
4. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
5. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)