|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
(a) In a bookstore.
(b) In a cafe.
(c) In an apartment.
(d) In a church basement.
2. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(c) The postman.
3. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A novel.
(d) An instructional pamphlet.
4. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
5. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(b) She had heard that he was handsome.
(c) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
(d) She wanted his help to escape from home.
6. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(b) Hons of the World.
(c) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
(d) We Are The Hons.
7. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
(a) The English Anarchy Movement.
(b) The British Socialist Supporters.
(c) The British Union of Fascists.
(d) The Nazi Party of the United Kingdom.
8. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
9. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Liberal Democrats.
(c) The Labor Party.
(d) The Conservative Party.
10. What was Esmond's surname?
11. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(b) To prevent gossiping.
(c) To create an air of mystery.
(d) To avoid taxes.
12. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(a) Equal opportunity.
(d) Natural capitalism.
13. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(b) Writing for a newspaper.
(c) Collecting scrap metal.
(d) Selling state secrets.
14. What did Tom study at school?
15. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) The car she was riding in broke down.
(b) She got lost on the way to the church.
(c) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
(d) She had scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
2. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
3. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
4. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
5. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)