|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A sail boat.
(b) A cargo boat.
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A cruise ship.
2. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
(a) A center for runaway boys.
(b) A poetry house.
(c) An education center.
(d) A library.
3. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From newspaper reports.
(c) From the radio.
(d) From a friend.
4. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Union of English Landowners.
(b) The Oxford University Board.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The Queen's Political Society.
5. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
(a) The Nazi Party of the United Kingdom.
(b) The British Union of Fascists.
(c) The British Socialist Supporters.
(d) The English Anarchy Movement.
6. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
7. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
(a) Tides of Change.
(b) Britain for the Future.
(c) Freedom Tomorrow.
(d) Out of Bounds.
8. What did Tom study at school?
9. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
(a) New York.
10. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
(a) Nazi songs.
(b) French music.
(c) Church hymns.
(d) Nursery songs.
11. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
12. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
13. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
(a) Sir Mosley.
(c) The British ambassador.
(d) The foreign minister.
14. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To avoid taxes.
(b) To create an air of mystery.
(c) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(d) To prevent gossiping.
15. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
2. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
3. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
5. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)