|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Mitford son?
2. What was Esmond's surname?
3. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The House of Lords.
(b) The Queen's Political Society.
(c) The Union of English Landowners.
(d) The Oxford University Board.
4. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
(a) To live in Paris for a year.
(b) On a vacation in Italy.
(c) On a world cruise.
(d) To visit family in London.
5. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(d) The postman.
6. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
7. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
8. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Communists.
9. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
10. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
11. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
12. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) Utter happiness.
(b) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
(c) Being able to relax.
(d) A woman having things to keep her busy.
13. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
(a) Tides of Change.
(b) Britain for the Future.
(c) Out of Bounds.
(d) Freedom Tomorrow.
14. What did Tom study at school?
15. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His days at sea.
(b) His army days.
(c) His university days.
(d) His childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
2. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
3. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
5. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)