|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
(a) Alice Barrymore.
(b) Diana Mitford.
(c) Wallis Simpson.
(d) Hedy Lamarr.
2. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her sister Nancy.
(b) Her cousin Giles.
(c) Her sister Boud.
(d) Her father.
3. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) He was a known playboy.
(b) His fortune came from trade.
(c) He had no means of making a living.
(d) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
4. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
5. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With schooling.
(b) With travel.
(c) With shopping.
(d) With parties.
6. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From newspaper reports.
(c) From the radio.
(d) From a friend.
7. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
(a) Life in America.
(b) Human sexuality.
(d) The monarchy.
8. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
9. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
10. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Getting dressed up.
(c) Mixing with the upper class.
(d) Attending parties.
11. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
(d) King's College.
12. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
13. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
14. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She had divorced.
(c) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(d) She was having an affair.
15. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
2. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
3. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
4. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
5. What was the name of the Mitford son?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)