|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A hospital room.
2. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
(a) The school burned down.
(b) Jessica was being picked on.
(c) Debo hated it.
(d) The war started.
3. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(b) He had no means of making a living.
(c) His fortune came from trade.
(d) He was a known playboy.
4. What did Jessica notice about Diana after her wedding?
(a) Diana looked pregnant.
(b) Diana lost interest in Bryan.
(c) Diana treated Jessica differently.
(d) Diana became sweeter.
5. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) We Are The Hons.
(b) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
(c) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(d) Hons of the World.
6. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
(d) New York.
7. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
(a) Stable girl.
(c) Between maid.
(d) Kitchen assistant.
8. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
(a) Sir Mosley.
(c) The foreign minister.
(d) The British ambassador.
9. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Labor Party.
(c) The Liberal Democrats.
(d) The Conservative Party.
10. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were amazing.
(b) They were rather stuffy.
(c) They were crazy.
(d) They were bored.
11. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
12. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A novel.
(c) A journal.
(d) An instructional pamphlet.
13. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
(a) Tides of Change.
(b) Out of Bounds.
(c) Britain for the Future.
(d) Freedom Tomorrow.
14. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
(a) Wallis Simpson.
(b) Alice Barrymore.
(c) Diana Mitford.
(d) Hedy Lamarr.
15. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A camera.
(c) A tent.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Mitford home in London?
2. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
3. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
4. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
5. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)