|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) A local schoolteacher.
(b) Their neighbor.
(c) Jessica translated herself.
(d) Their hotel's owner.
2. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She had divorced.
(b) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(c) She was having an affair.
(d) She was ill.
3. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
4. Who informed Jessica and Esmond of some American idioms?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Peter Nevile.
(c) Tom Mitford.
(d) Lord Mosley.
5. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
(a) The French.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay at a small cottage?
3. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
4. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
5. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)