|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
(b) High Wycombe.
2. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
(b) Sir Mosley.
(c) The British ambassador.
(d) The foreign minister.
3. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By selling homemade jam.
(b) By working for a newspaper.
(c) By lecturing on English life.
(d) By gambling.
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
(a) King's College.
5. How much money did Esmond borrow from the Meyers to invest in a bar?
(a) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
2. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
4. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
5. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)