|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
2. While in Miami, Jessica and Esmond met officials from which group?
(a) The Knights of Labor.
(b) The Women's Trade Union League.
(c) The National Labor Union.
(d) The American Federation of Labor.
3. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) An organized-crime kingpin.
(b) A small-time businessman.
(c) A playboy millionaire.
(d) A state senator.
4. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
5. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
(a) Drive an automobile.
(b) Household chores.
(c) Buy groceries.
(d) Send a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
2. What did Esmond decide would be the time he would go back to England to fight in the war?
3. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
4. What rumors circulated around Christmas of 1939?
5. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)