|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Durrs ask Jessica and Esmond about at dinner?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their feelings about communism.
(c) Their experiences in Spain.
(d) Their lives in England.
2. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(b) Whooping cough.
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
(a) Their trust funds.
(c) A boy named James.
(d) The family's vacation plans.
4. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Fascists.
5. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
2. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
3. What did Tom study at school?
4. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
5. What was Esmond's surname?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)