|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Whooping cough.
2. How long did Jessica and Esmond stay together in America?
(a) Three and a half years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
3. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was a magistrate.
(c) He was an accountant.
(d) He was a polo player.
4. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) A lawyer's office.
(b) A political journal.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) An advertising agency.
5. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A bowling alley.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
2. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
3. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
4. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
5. Who was Horton?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)