|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(b) His fortune came from trade.
(c) He had no means of making a living.
(d) He was a known playboy.
2. Where did Esmond work in France?
(a) At the British embassy.
(b) At Reuters.
(c) At a radio station.
(d) At an English school.
3. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Attending parties.
(b) Mixing with the upper class.
(c) Getting dressed up.
(d) Meeting new people.
4. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) One of Jessica's governesses.
(b) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(c) Esmond's guardian.
(d) Jessica's father's mistress.
5. Which military force did Esmond volunteer for?
(a) The Canadian Air Force.
(b) The American Navy.
(c) The British Army.
(d) The Spanish Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informed Jessica and Esmond of some American idioms?
2. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
3. How old was Esmond when he died?
4. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
5. Who was Mr. Donahue?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)