|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
2. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she never married.
(c) Why she never sent them letters.
(d) Why she had a scar on her face.
3. What did Jessica do while Esmond was selling his wares in Washington?
(a) Took care of their son at home.
(b) Worked at a shoe shop.
(c) Worked in a library.
(d) Worked as his assistant.
4. Where had Jessica been working before Esmond became co-owner of the restaurant?
(a) A drug store.
(b) A nursery school.
(c) A dressmaking factory.
(d) A laundry.
5. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Whooping cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica find work in New York?
2. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
3. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
4. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
5. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)