|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Esmond and Jessica decide to get their American tour started?
(a) They thought they should do it before winter.
(b) Esmond lost his job.
(c) They had saved up the right amount of money.
(d) A friend became available to help.
2. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A lawyer's office.
(d) A political journal.
3. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(a) Her majesty.
(b) Mother 'M'.
4. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Lancaster University.
(c) University of Exeter.
(d) Wellington College.
5. Where had Jessica been working before Esmond became co-owner of the restaurant?
(a) A dressmaking factory.
(b) A drug store.
(c) A laundry.
(d) A nursery school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Esmond work in France?
2. What did Jessica do while Esmond was selling his wares in Washington?
3. What did Esmond decide would be the time he would go back to England to fight in the war?
4. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
5. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)