|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) In Germany.
(b) At Swinbrook.
(c) In London.
(d) In Paris.
2. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) A local schoolteacher.
(b) Their hotel's owner.
(c) Their neighbor.
(d) Jessica translated herself.
3. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Oxford University Board.
(b) The Union of English Landowners.
(c) The Queen's Political Society.
(d) The House of Lords.
4. How much money did Donahue tell Jessica and Esmond they had made?
(a) Seventy dollars.
(b) Forty dollars.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
5. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The hospitality of the locals.
(b) How much it was like England.
(c) The amount of poverty.
(d) The architecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Esmond when he died?
2. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
3. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
4. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
5. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)