|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
2. Why did Jessica and Esmond travel to Washington, D.C.?
(a) To attend a presidential inauguration.
(b) To visit a relative.
(c) To invest in a property development.
(d) To learn about American politics.
3. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His fortune came from trade.
(b) He had no means of making a living.
(c) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(d) He was a known playboy.
4. What puzzled Jessica and Esmond about American politics?
(a) That the public did not voice their opinions.
(b) That there was no socialist party.
(c) That few people voted.
(d) That lobbyists had so much power.
5. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A political journal.
(d) A lawyer's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
2. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
3. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
4. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
5. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)