|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Every child should get a university degree.
(b) Studying is a waste of time.
(c) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(d) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
3. In Washington, the Romillys met people who worked for what type of agencies?
(a) Immigration agencies.
(b) New Deal agencies.
(c) Prohibition agencies.
(d) Agricultural agencies.
4. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
(a) The British Union of Fascists.
(b) The Nazi Party of the United Kingdom.
(c) The British Socialist Supporters.
(d) The English Anarchy Movement.
5. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(a) Mother 'M'.
(d) Her majesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
2. What was the name of the Mitford son?
3. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
4. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
5. For which magazine did Michael Straight work?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)