|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(b) Their extended family.
(c) Each other.
(d) Their father.
2. Who was Mr. Donahue?
(a) A landlord.
(b) A filmmaker.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A jockey.
3. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) Utter happiness.
(b) Being able to relax.
(c) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(d) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
4. What method did Esmond use to sell his products in Washington?
(a) Selling from a decorated truck.
(b) Door-to-door sales.
(c) Telephone sales.
(d) Demonstrations in parks.
5. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(c) She had divorced.
(d) She was having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
2. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
3. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
5. Where had Jessica been working before Esmond became co-owner of the restaurant?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)