|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(b) Jessica's mother.
(c) A French judge.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
2. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
(a) That Donahue was well-respected.
(b) That Donahue had been in an accident.
(c) That Donahue had gone bankrupt.
(d) That Donahue was a con man.
3. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A bowling alley.
(d) A chapel.
4. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Every child should get a university degree.
(b) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(c) Studying is a waste of time.
(d) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
5. How did Jessica feel while attending the Communist Party meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Esmond's surname?
2. What newspaper did Kay Graham's father own?
3. How old was Esmond when he died?
4. Where had Diana gone to study?
5. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)