|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
2. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she never married.
(d) Why she had a scar on her face.
3. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Studying is a waste of time.
(b) Every child should get a university degree.
(c) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(d) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
4. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A bowling alley.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) A chapel.
5. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) A novel.
(c) An instructional pamphlet.
(d) A newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
2. Where was the Mitford home in London?
3. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
4. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
5. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)