|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica talked about her political views.
(b) Jessica was often late for events.
(c) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(d) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(b) Every child should get a university degree.
(c) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(d) Studying is a waste of time.
3. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(d) Little Italy.
4. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
(b) New York.
5. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The amount of poverty.
(b) The hospitality of the locals.
(c) How much it was like England.
(d) The architecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
2. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
3. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
4. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
5. What did Tom study at school?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)