|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
(a) To visit family in London.
(b) On a world cruise.
(c) To live in Paris for a year.
(d) On a vacation in Italy.
2. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
(b) To lose money.
(c) To rip off rich clientele.
(d) To launder money.
3. What did Tom study at school?
4. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
5. Who informed Jessica and Esmond of some American idioms?
(a) Peter Nevile.
(b) Lord Mosley.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Tom Mitford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
2. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
3. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
4. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
5. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)