|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By lecturing on English life.
(b) By selling homemade jam.
(c) By gambling.
(d) By working for a newspaper.
2. In which city did Esmond and Jessica try out his game-winning system?
3. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
4. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were bored.
(b) They were amazing.
(c) They were rather stuffy.
(d) They were crazy.
5. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The World Series.
(b) The 1939 World's Fair.
(c) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(d) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
2. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
3. In which month did Jessica and Esmond arrive in New York?
4. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
5. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)