|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esmond and Jessica collect in preparation for moving to America?
(a) Letters of introduction.
(b) Jewelry to pawn.
(c) Savings bonds.
(d) Books to read on the journey.
2. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
3. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A swastika pin.
(c) A political pamphlet.
(d) A boy.
4. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica was often late for events.
(b) Jessica talked about her political views.
(c) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(d) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
5. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
2. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
3. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
4. Where did Jessica find work in New York?
5. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)