|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A chapel.
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Studying is a waste of time.
(b) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(c) Every child should get a university degree.
(d) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
3. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
(a) Sitting on the beach.
(b) Treating patients at a hospital.
(c) Typing up news stories.
(d) Scavenging for items to sell.
4. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Jessica's father.
(c) Anthony Eden.
(d) Peter Nevil.
5. Who informed Jessica and Esmond of some American idioms?
(a) Peter Nevile.
(b) Tom Mitford.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Lord Mosley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave Scherman tell Jessica and Esmond about Donahue?
2. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
3. What did Tom study at school?
4. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
5. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)