|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
2. What did Esmond and Jessica collect in preparation for moving to America?
(a) Savings bonds.
(b) Letters of introduction.
(c) Books to read on the journey.
(d) Jewelry to pawn.
3. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
(a) To avoid the war.
(b) To work for a newspaper.
(c) To acquire some free land.
(d) To get away from their families.
4. To which state did Donahue invite Jessica and Esmond to travel with him?
(d) New Mexico.
5. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Roger Roughton.
(b) Jessica's aunt.
(c) Esmond's uncle Winston.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
2. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
3. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
4. Who was Mr. Donahue?
5. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)