|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) A French judge.
(b) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Jessica's mother.
2. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A political pamphlet.
(c) A boy.
(d) A swastika pin.
3. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A sail boat.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A cargo boat.
(d) A cruise ship.
4. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) The Albert Hall.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
5. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Fascists.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Mitford home in London?
2. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
3. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
4. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
5. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)