|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) A political journal.
(b) A lawyer's office.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) An advertising agency.
2. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
(a) French music.
(b) Nursery songs.
(c) Church hymns.
(d) Nazi songs.
3. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Communists.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A boxing match.
(b) A dinner show.
(c) A post office.
(d) A hotel.
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
2. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
3. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
4. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
5. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)