|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was an accountant.
(c) He was a polo player.
(d) He was a magistrate.
2. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
(a) The Baltic.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) New York.
3. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was caught stealing.
(b) She was a lazy worker.
(c) She was homesick.
(d) She became ill.
5. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Wellington College.
(b) University of Exeter.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) Oxford University.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
2. What did Tom study at school?
3. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
4. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
5. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)