|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esmond and Jessica collect in preparation for moving to America?
(a) Letters of introduction.
(b) Books to read on the journey.
(c) Savings bonds.
(d) Jewelry to pawn.
2. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By lecturing on English life.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By working for a newspaper.
(d) By selling homemade jam.
3. Who was Horton?
(a) A clergyman.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) A doorman.
(d) An English butler.
4. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A tent.
(b) A radio.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A camera.
5. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(d) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Jessica receive from her trust fund when she turned 21?
2. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
3. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
4. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
5. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)