|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Esmond and Jessica decide to get their American tour started?
(a) A friend became available to help.
(b) Esmond lost his job.
(c) They had saved up the right amount of money.
(d) They thought they should do it before winter.
2. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She had heard that he was handsome.
(b) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(c) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(d) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The hospitality of the locals.
(b) How much it was like England.
(c) The architecture.
(d) The amount of poverty.
4. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
5. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By working for a newspaper.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By selling homemade jam.
(d) By lecturing on English life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
2. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
3. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
4. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
5. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)