|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(a) The postman.
2. What was the name of the Mitford son?
3. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she never sent them letters.
(b) Why she never married.
(c) Why she had a scar on her face.
(d) Why she hated her sisters.
4. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Queen's Political Society.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The Oxford University Board.
(d) The Union of English Landowners.
5. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) He was a known playboy.
(b) He had no means of making a living.
(c) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(d) His fortune came from trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
2. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
3. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
4. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
5. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)