|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(d) The postman.
2. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) She stole money from her parents.
(b) With her "Running Away" savings account.
(c) With her trust-fund money.
(d) She secretly worked in a shop.
3. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A radio.
(b) A camera.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A tent.
4. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
5. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
(a) Alice Barrymore.
(b) Diana Mitford.
(c) Hedy Lamarr.
(d) Wallis Simpson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Mitford son?
2. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
3. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
4. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
5. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)