|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(b) The postman.
2. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
3. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A bowling alley.
4. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
(a) Market researcher.
(c) Shop assistant.
(d) Manuscript editor.
5. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A novel.
(d) An instructional pamphlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
2. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
4. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
5. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)