|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Esmond and Jessica to lose all their money gambling?
(a) Four and a half hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Six hours.
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(b) Studying is a waste of time.
(c) Every child should get a university degree.
(d) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
3. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) Being able to relax.
(b) Utter happiness.
(c) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(d) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
4. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
(a) High Wycombe.
5. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Jessica's aunt.
(b) Roger Roughton.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Esmond's uncle Winston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
2. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
3. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
5. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)