|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
2. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
(a) A bank.
(b) An advertising agency.
(c) A post office.
(d) A newspaper.
3. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Anthony Eden.
(b) Peter Nevil.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Jessica's father.
4. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
(a) An education center.
(b) A poetry house.
(c) A library.
(d) A center for runaway boys.
5. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(d) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
2. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
3. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
4. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
5. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)