|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To create an air of mystery.
(b) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(c) To avoid taxes.
(d) To prevent gossiping.
2. How did Jessica fund her trip to Spain?
(a) She stole money from her parents.
(b) She secretly worked in a shop.
(c) With her trust-fund money.
(d) With her "Running Away" savings account.
3. In which month did Jessica and Esmond arrive in New York?
4. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From newspaper reports.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From the radio.
(d) From her mother.
5. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A bowling alley.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) A swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
2. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
3. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
4. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
5. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)