|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Peter Nevil.
(b) Jessica's father.
(c) Anthony Eden.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
2. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) A French judge.
(b) Dorothy Allhusen.
(c) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(d) Jessica's mother.
3. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) An educational tour.
(b) To introduce the girls to society.
(c) To have fun in the ship casino.
(d) A matchmaking opportunity.
4. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
5. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her cousin Giles.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister Boud.
(d) Her sister Nancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jessica feel while attending the Communist Party meeting?
2. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
3. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
4. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
5. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)