|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
2. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(c) Rising unemployment.
(d) Political corruption.
3. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) The country air.
(b) Having servants.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Seeing her friends.
4. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Every child should get a university degree.
(b) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(c) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(d) Studying is a waste of time.
5. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(c) A French judge.
(d) Jessica's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
2. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
3. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
5. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)