|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(d) High Wycombe.
2. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A camera.
(b) A radio.
(c) A tent.
(d) A suitcase.
3. How did Jessica feel while attending the Communist Party meeting?
4. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A novel.
(d) An instructional pamphlet.
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A post office.
(b) A dinner show.
(c) A boxing match.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
2. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
3. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
4. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)