|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jessica and Esmond amass a large electricity bill?
(a) They left their lights on 24 hours a day.
(b) They forgot to pay their bills on time.
(c) Some neighbors illegally tapped into their electricity.
(d) They had thought that electricity was free.
2. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She was having an affair.
(d) She had divorced.
3. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(b) Jessica talked about her political views.
(c) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(d) Jessica was often late for events.
4. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
5. Where did Jessica attend a protest meeting held by the Communist Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
2. Who informed Jessica and Esmond of some American idioms?
3. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
4. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
5. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)