|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
2. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(a) Their extended family.
(b) Each other.
(c) Their father.
3. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
(a) The war started.
(b) Jessica was being picked on.
(c) Debo hated it.
(d) The school burned down.
4. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
(a) The Menacing Hon-Bunch.
(b) Hons of the World.
(c) The Horrible Counter-Hons.
(d) We Are The Hons.
5. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Every child should get a university degree.
(b) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(c) Studying is a waste of time.
(d) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
2. What was the name of the Mitford son?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
4. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
5. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)