|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A sail boat.
(b) A fishing boat.
(c) A cargo boat.
(d) A cruise ship.
2. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With schooling.
(b) With shopping.
(c) With parties.
(d) With travel.
3. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) Jessica's father's mistress.
(b) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(c) Esmond's guardian.
(d) One of Jessica's governesses.
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His army days.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His university days.
(d) His days at sea.
5. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(b) Being able to relax.
(c) Utter happiness.
(d) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
2. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
3. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
4. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
5. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)