|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(a) Selling state secrets.
(c) Collecting scrap metal.
(d) Writing for a newspaper.
2. Where had Diana gone to study?
(c) New York.
3. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Wellington College.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) University of Exeter.
(d) Lancaster University.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
(a) A dinner show.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A post office.
5. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she had a scar on her face.
(c) Why she never married.
(d) Why she never sent them letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
2. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
3. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
5. What did Tom study at school?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)