|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
(a) Stable girl.
(c) Kitchen assistant.
(d) Between maid.
2. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(b) Collecting scrap metal.
(c) Selling state secrets.
(d) Writing for a newspaper.
3. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
4. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To introduce the girls to society.
(b) A matchmaking opportunity.
(c) To have fun in the ship casino.
(d) An educational tour.
5. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(b) Water polo.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
2. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
4. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
5. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)