|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(a) Collecting scrap metal.
(b) Selling state secrets.
(c) Writing for a newspaper.
2. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(b) Equal opportunity.
(c) Natural capitalism.
3. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was a polo player.
(b) He was a magistrate.
(c) He was an artist.
(d) He was an accountant.
4. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
5. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(b) He was a known playboy.
(c) His fortune came from trade.
(d) He had no means of making a living.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
3. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
4. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
5. Who did Jessica learn was in Spain fighting?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)