|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(a) Each other.
(c) Their extended family.
(d) Their father.
3. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
4. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Studying is a waste of time.
(b) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(c) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(d) Every child should get a university degree.
5. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
2. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
3. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
4. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
5. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)