|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
(a) Life in America.
(c) The monarchy.
(d) Human sexuality.
2. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(b) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(c) Jessica was often late for events.
(d) Jessica talked about her political views.
3. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(b) High Wycombe.
4. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Lancaster University.
(b) University of Exeter.
(c) Wellington College.
(d) Oxford University.
5. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(b) She had heard that he was handsome.
(c) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(d) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
2. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
3. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. What did Muv frequently play on the piano to which Jessica was forced to sing along?
5. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)