|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) Jessica's father's mistress.
(b) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(c) One of Jessica's governesses.
(d) Esmond's guardian.
2. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
3. What caused Jessica to have a fistfight with one of her sisters while on the cruise holiday?
(a) A swastika pin.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A political pamphlet.
(d) A boy.
4. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
5. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(b) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(c) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
(d) She had heard that he was handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
2. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
3. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
4. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
5. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)