|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were rather stuffy.
(c) They were amazing.
(d) They were bored.
2. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To introduce the girls to society.
(b) An educational tour.
(c) A matchmaking opportunity.
(d) To have fun in the ship casino.
3. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
(c) King's College.
4. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
(a) Tides of Change.
(b) Out of Bounds.
(c) Freedom Tomorrow.
(d) Britain for the Future.
5. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His days at sea.
(b) His army days.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His university days.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
2. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
3. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
4. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
5. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)