|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
(a) Hedy Lamarr.
(b) Diana Mitford.
(c) Wallis Simpson.
(d) Alice Barrymore.
2. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(a) Water polo.
3. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(a) Mother 'M'.
(b) Her majesty.
4. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) An educational tour.
(b) A matchmaking opportunity.
(c) To introduce the girls to society.
(d) To have fun in the ship casino.
5. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) One of Jessica's governesses.
(b) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(c) Jessica's father's mistress.
(d) Esmond's guardian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
2. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
3. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
5. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)