|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was caught stealing.
(b) She became ill.
(c) She was a lazy worker.
(d) She was homesick.
2. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To avoid taxes.
(b) To create an air of mystery.
(c) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(d) To prevent gossiping.
3. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(b) Jessica talked about her political views.
(c) Jessica was often late for events.
(d) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
4. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Oxford University Board.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The Queen's Political Society.
(d) The Union of English Landowners.
5. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(b) Their extended family.
(c) Their father.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
2. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
3. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
4. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
5. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)