|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(a) High Wycombe.
2. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) He had no means of making a living.
(b) He was a known playboy.
(c) His fortune came from trade.
(d) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
3. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(b) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
(c) She had heard that he was handsome.
(d) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
4. What did Tom study at school?
5. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To have fun in the ship casino.
(b) An educational tour.
(c) A matchmaking opportunity.
(d) To introduce the girls to society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
2. Where did the Mitfords live for several months after their holiday cruise?
3. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
4. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
5. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)