|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Mitford son?
2. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(b) To avoid taxes.
(c) To create an air of mystery.
(d) To prevent gossiping.
3. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Getting dressed up.
(b) Mixing with the upper class.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Attending parties.
4. What was the name of the magazine Esmond published?
(a) Tides of Change.
(b) Britain for the Future.
(c) Out of Bounds.
(d) Freedom Tomorrow.
5. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she never married.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she hated her sisters.
(d) Why she had a scar on her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
2. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
3. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
4. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)