|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With parties.
(b) With schooling.
(c) With shopping.
(d) With travel.
2. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
(b) High Wycombe.
3. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Girls' Brigade.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Lady Birds.
(d) The Girl Guides.
4. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
(a) Stable girl.
(b) Kitchen assistant.
(c) Between maid.
5. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Studying is a waste of time.
(b) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
(c) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(d) Every child should get a university degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
2. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
3. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
4. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)