|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(b) He was a known playboy.
(c) He had no means of making a living.
(d) His fortune came from trade.
2. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) She had scarlet fever.
(b) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
(c) The car she was riding in broke down.
(d) She got lost on the way to the church.
3. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
(c) King's College.
4. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) University of Exeter.
(c) Wellington College.
(d) Lancaster University.
5. What did Tom study at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
2. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
3. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
5. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)