|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To create an air of mystery.
(b) To avoid taxes.
(c) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(d) To prevent gossiping.
2. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
3. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was an accountant.
(c) He was a polo player.
(d) He was a magistrate.
4. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
(a) Each other.
(b) Their extended family.
(c) Their father.
5. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(a) Natural capitalism.
(b) Equal opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
2. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
3. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
5. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)