|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Conservative Party.
(b) The Labor Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Liberal Democrats.
2. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To create an air of mystery.
(b) To prevent gossiping.
(c) To avoid taxes.
(d) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
3. What did the children call their father?
(b) Father 'M'.
(c) His Majesty.
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His university days.
(b) His army days.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His days at sea.
5. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(b) She was having an affair.
(c) She had divorced.
(d) She was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
2. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
3. What did Tom study at school?
4. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
5. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)