|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Wellington College.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) University of Exeter.
(d) Lancaster University.
2. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
3. What was the name of the Mitford son?
4. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she had a scar on her face.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she never married.
(d) Why she hated her sisters.
5. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Lady Birds.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Girl Guides.
(d) The Girls' Brigade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
2. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
3. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
4. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
5. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)