|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Having servants.
(c) The country air.
(d) Seeing her friends.
2. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
(a) New York.
3. What did the children call their father?
(a) His Majesty.
(c) Father 'M'.
4. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To prevent gossiping.
(b) To avoid taxes.
(c) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(d) To create an air of mystery.
5. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she never married.
(d) Why she had a scar on her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
2. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
3. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
4. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
5. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)