|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) He had no means of making a living.
(b) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(c) His fortune came from trade.
(d) He was a known playboy.
2. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Having servants.
(b) Seeing her friends.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The country air.
3. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(b) To avoid taxes.
(c) To prevent gossiping.
(d) To create an air of mystery.
4. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) The car she was riding in broke down.
(b) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
(c) She got lost on the way to the church.
(d) She had scarlet fever.
5. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was homesick.
(b) She was caught stealing.
(c) She was a lazy worker.
(d) She became ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
3. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
4. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
5. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)