|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Union of English Landowners.
(b) The Oxford University Board.
(c) The House of Lords.
(d) The Queen's Political Society.
2. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A novel.
(b) An instructional pamphlet.
(c) A journal.
(d) A newspaper article.
3. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Conservative Party.
(b) The Liberal Democrats.
(c) The Labor Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
4. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she had a scar on her face.
(c) Why she never sent them letters.
(d) Why she never married.
5. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(c) High Wycombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
2. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
3. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
4. Where was the Mitford home in London?
5. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)