|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(a) Mother 'M'.
(c) Her majesty.
2. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
(b) The car she was riding in broke down.
(c) She got lost on the way to the church.
(d) She had scarlet fever.
3. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she never married.
(b) Why she had a scar on her face.
(c) Why she never sent them letters.
(d) Why she hated her sisters.
4. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(d) Water polo.
5. What was the name of the Mitford son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
2. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
3. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
4. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
5. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)