|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Having servants.
(b) The country air.
(c) Seeing her friends.
(d) Her parents.
2. What skill did one of the children's governesses teach them?
(b) Water polo.
3. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To prevent gossiping.
(b) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
(c) To create an air of mystery.
(d) To avoid taxes.
4. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His fortune came from trade.
(b) He was a known playboy.
(c) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(d) He had no means of making a living.
5. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
(a) Natural capitalism.
(d) Equal opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
2. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
3. Where was the Mitford home in London?
4. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
5. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)