|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
2. Why didn't Jessica attend Diana's wedding?
(a) She got lost on the way to the church.
(b) She had scarlet fever.
(c) She didn't approve of Bryan Guinness.
(d) The car she was riding in broke down.
3. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was a polo player.
(c) He was a magistrate.
(d) He was an accountant.
4. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
(a) Her "Running Away" savings account.
(b) Her "Rainy Day" savings account.
(c) Her "Mine All Mine" savings account.
(d) Her "University Fund" savings account.
5. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Oxford University Board.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The Queen's Political Society.
(d) The Union of English Landowners.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
2. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
3. What did Tom study at school?
4. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
5. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)