|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(c) High Wycombe.
2. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A bowling alley.
(d) A swimming pool.
3. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) The country air.
(b) Having servants.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Seeing her friends.
4. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Sunbeams.
(b) The Lady Birds.
(c) The Girls' Brigade.
(d) The Girl Guides.
5. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Labor Party.
(c) The Liberal Democrats.
(d) The Conservative Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
3. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
4. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
5. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)