|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors circulated around Christmas of 1939?
(a) That Swinbrook House had burned down.
(b) That Diana was having an affair.
(c) That Boud had badly injured herself.
(d) That Jessica's family had gone bankrupt.
2. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A tent.
(b) A radio.
(c) A camera.
(d) A suitcase.
3. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
(b) New York.
4. What did Esmond decide would be the time he would go back to England to fight in the war?
(a) When his brother told him he should.
(b) When he had saved enough money for Jessica to live on.
(c) When America joined the war effort.
(d) When Churchill assumed control of the government.
5. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
2. What was the name of the Mitford son?
3. Upon arriving in New York, what did Jessica and Esmond notice about Americans?
4. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
5. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to wait for prior to returning to England?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)