Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By gambling.
(b) By selling homemade jam.
(c) By lecturing on English life.
(d) By working for a newspaper.
2. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
3. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
(b) Kitchen assistant.
(c) Between maid.
(d) Stable girl.
4. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
(a) A camera.
(b) A radio.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A tent.
5. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
(a) High Wycombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
2. What was the name of the language Unity and Jessica made up?
3. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
4. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
5. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)