|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
(a) With shopping.
(b) With travel.
(c) With parties.
(d) With schooling.
2. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
3. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) A novel.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) An instructional pamphlet.
4. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) University of Exeter.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) Wellington College.
5. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
(a) To avoid taxes.
(b) To create an air of mystery.
(c) To prevent gossiping.
(d) So Nancy's father wouldn't find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
2. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
3. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
4. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
5. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)