|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her cousin Giles.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister Boud.
(d) Her sister Nancy.
2. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
3. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
(b) New York.
4. How much money did Donahue tell Jessica and Esmond they had made?
(a) Twenty-five dollars.
(b) Seventy dollars.
(c) Forty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
5. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(b) Utter happiness.
(c) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
(d) Being able to relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
2. Where did Jessica find work in New York?
3. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
4. What did Tom study at school?
5. How long did it take for Esmond and Jessica to lose all their money gambling?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)