|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
(b) Auto repair.
(c) Hotel management.
2. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she never married.
(c) Why she had a scar on her face.
(d) Why she never sent them letters.
3. Who was Horton?
(a) An English butler.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A doorman.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
(a) West Virginia.
(c) New England.
5. What was the educational philosophy of Swinbrook House?
(a) Stay in school only until 16, then get married.
(b) Every child should get a university degree.
(c) Studying is a waste of time.
(d) Girls should have only enough education to manage a household.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
2. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
3. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
4. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
5. Who greeted Jessica and Esmond when they arrived in Spain?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)