|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
(a) Market researcher.
(b) Shop assistant.
(c) Manuscript editor.
2. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
(a) Diana Mitford.
(b) Wallis Simpson.
(c) Hedy Lamarr.
(d) Alice Barrymore.
3. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To launder money.
(b) To lose money.
(c) To rip off rich clientele.
(d) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
4. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
(a) By gambling.
(b) By selling his paintings.
(c) By selling articles to publications.
(d) By investing in property.
5. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Mitfords go on a cruise in spring of 1936?
2. Which political party did the Mitford family traditionally have an interest in?
3. How did Jessica and Esmond amass a large electricity bill?
4. What was the name of the Mitford son?
5. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)