|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
(a) New England.
(b) West Virginia.
2. How did Jessica and Esmond amass a large electricity bill?
(a) They left their lights on 24 hours a day.
(b) They had thought that electricity was free.
(c) They forgot to pay their bills on time.
(d) Some neighbors illegally tapped into their electricity.
3. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Esmond's uncle Winston.
(b) Roger Roughton.
(c) Jessica's aunt.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
4. Who was Horton?
(a) A clergyman.
(b) An English butler.
(c) A doorman.
(d) A taxi driver.
5. What made Esmond and Jessica decide to get their American tour started?
(a) A friend became available to help.
(b) They thought they should do it before winter.
(c) Esmond lost his job.
(d) They had saved up the right amount of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
2. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
3. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
5. What did Jessica realize differed between she and Kay?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)