|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(b) Horse racing.
2. What newspaper did Kay Graham's father own?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Daily Hampshire Gazette.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The New York Post.
3. What did Donahue want Jessica and Esmond to do?
(a) Attend his party at a casino.
(b) Invest in some land with him.
(c) Produce a movie with him.
(d) Participate in his betting scheme.
4. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An advertising agency.
(c) A political journal.
(d) A lawyer's office.
5. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(b) Writing for a newspaper.
(c) Collecting scrap metal.
(d) Selling state secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Muv try to solve the boredom and monotony of Jessica's life?
2. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
3. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
4. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
5. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)