|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Lancaster University.
(b) Wellington College.
(c) University of Exeter.
(d) Oxford University.
2. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
(b) Her majesty.
(c) Mother 'M'.
3. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
(b) Utter happiness.
(c) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(d) Being able to relax.
4. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(b) The postman.
5. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A bank.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
2. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
3. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
4. Prince Edward's love affair with which woman scandalized Britain in the late 1930s?
5. Who was Mr. Donahue?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)