|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
2. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) Their neighbor.
(b) Jessica translated herself.
(c) Their hotel's owner.
(d) A local schoolteacher.
3. Why did Jessica and Esmond travel to Washington, D.C.?
(a) To learn about American politics.
(b) To attend a presidential inauguration.
(c) To visit a relative.
(d) To invest in a property development.
4. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
(a) The Union of English Landowners.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The Queen's Political Society.
(d) The Oxford University Board.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jessica and Esmond return to London from Corsica?
2. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
3. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
4. To which state did Donahue invite Jessica and Esmond to travel with him?
5. How did Esmond feel about his job in Washington?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)