|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dorothy Allhusen?
(a) One of Jessica's governesses.
(b) A maid at Swinbrook House.
(c) Esmond's guardian.
(d) Jessica's father's mistress.
2. According to Muv, what did marriage result in?
(a) A woman having things to keep her busy.
(b) Money to do the things you've always wanted to do.
(c) Being able to relax.
(d) Utter happiness.
3. What puzzled Jessica and Esmond about American politics?
(a) That few people voted.
(b) That the public did not voice their opinions.
(c) That there was no socialist party.
(d) That lobbyists had so much power.
4. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she hated her sisters.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she never married.
(d) Why she had a scar on her face.
5. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jessica's siblings became a part of her social circle in London?
2. How did Jessica feel while attending the Communist Party meeting?
3. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
4. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)