|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) Their neighbor.
(b) Jessica translated herself.
(c) A local schoolteacher.
(d) Their hotel's owner.
2. Why did Jessica and Esmond decide to move to America?
(a) To work for a newspaper.
(b) To get away from their families.
(c) To avoid the war.
(d) To acquire some free land.
3. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
(a) Their hospitality.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their fashion sense.
(d) Their knowledge of England.
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond stay at a small cottage?
(a) Fenwick Island.
(b) The Hamptons.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
5. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she had a scar on her face.
(b) Why she hated her sisters.
(c) Why she never married.
(d) Why she never sent them letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
2. What method did Esmond use to sell his products in Washington?
3. What did the Mitford children call their mother?
4. Where did Esmond work in France?
5. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)