|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
(a) By gambling.
(b) By working for a newspaper.
(c) By selling homemade jam.
(d) By lecturing on English life.
2. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A bowling alley.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A hospital room.
3. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
(a) In a bookstore.
(b) In an apartment.
(c) In a cafe.
(d) In a church basement.
4. In which area of New York did Jessica and Esmond rent an apartment?
(a) Little Italy.
(b) Greenwich Village.
5. What did Jessica and Esmond decide to wait for prior to returning to England?
(a) For their money to run out.
(b) For the fighting to begin.
(c) Until they had had visited 15 states.
(d) Until their parents had forgiven them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
2. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
3. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
4. What job did Muv offer to the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)