|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
(a) Market researcher.
(c) Shop assistant.
(d) Manuscript editor.
2. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A hospital room.
(c) A bowling alley.
(d) A swimming pool.
3. In which town did the Mitfords' mother give gifts to the poor?
4. Upon arriving in New York, what did Jessica and Esmond notice about Americans?
(a) Their religious convictions.
(b) Their nationalistic feelings.
(c) Their relative poverty.
(d) Their fashion sense.
5. Who of the following did not go on holiday in the spring of 1936?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica and Esmond do with their evenings in Washington?
2. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
3. How did Esmond think that he and Jessica could make money in America?
4. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
5. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)