|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the conflict in Europe, which side's position did Esmond support?
(a) The French.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Spanish.
2. What was the purpose of the Mitfords' cruise?
(a) To have fun in the ship casino.
(b) An educational tour.
(c) A matchmaking opportunity.
(d) To introduce the girls to society.
3. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
(a) By investing in property.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By selling his paintings.
(d) By selling articles to publications.
4. How much money did Donahue tell Jessica and Esmond they had made?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Forty dollars.
(c) Seventy dollars.
(d) Twenty-five dollars.
5. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
3. What was Esmond's surname?
4. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
5. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)