|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
(a) They were crazy.
(b) They were amazing.
(c) They were rather stuffy.
(d) They were bored.
2. What organization did Jessica join in her teens?
(a) The Girls' Brigade.
(b) The Sunbeams.
(c) The Girl Guides.
(d) The Lady Birds.
3. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(b) He was a known playboy.
(c) His fortune came from trade.
(d) He had no means of making a living.
4. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
(a) A library.
(b) A poetry house.
(c) A center for runaway boys.
(d) An education center.
5. What did Nancy publish in the 1920s?
(a) A journal.
(b) A novel.
(c) An instructional pamphlet.
(d) A newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
2. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
3. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
4. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
5. With whom did the Mitford children have little contact at Swinbrook?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)