|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she never sent them letters.
(b) Why she had a scar on her face.
(c) Why she hated her sisters.
(d) Why she never married.
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Attending parties.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Mixing with the upper class.
(d) Getting dressed up.
4. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was caught stealing.
(b) She became ill.
(c) She was a lazy worker.
(d) She was homesick.
5. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) University of Exeter.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) Wellington College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
2. What was Esmond's surname?
3. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
4. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
5. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)