|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Wellington College.
(b) University of Exeter.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) Oxford University.
2. Which of the following was in the Mitford home?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A bowling alley.
3. What would Uncle Tommy tell the children stories about?
(a) His days at sea.
(b) His university days.
(c) His army days.
(d) His childhood.
4. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Having servants.
(b) Seeing her friends.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The country air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which principle did the Mitfords' father strongly believe in?
2. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
3. What year was it at the end of Chapter 6?
4. Where were Debo and Jessica sent to school for a while?
5. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)