|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tom study at school?
2. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She was a lazy worker.
(b) She became ill.
(c) She was homesick.
(d) She was caught stealing.
3. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
4. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From newspaper reports.
(c) From a friend.
(d) From the radio.
5. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
(a) She wanted to correct him about what he wrote in his book.
(b) She wanted his help to escape from home.
(c) She had heard that he was handsome.
(d) She related to his section of the book he published with his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did The Society of Hons fight against?
2. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
3. What was the name of the poor girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters?
4. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
5. Why did Debo and Jessica leave the school to which they were sent?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)