|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the girl with whom Jessica exchanged letters return home quickly after arriving at Swinbrook?
(a) She became ill.
(b) She was a lazy worker.
(c) She was homesick.
(d) She was caught stealing.
2. What did the children call their father?
(c) His Majesty.
(d) Father 'M'.
3. How old was Jessica around the time of Diana's wedding?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
(d) King's College.
5. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His fortune came from trade.
(b) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(c) He had no means of making a living.
(d) He was a known playboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
2. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
3. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
4. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
5. What distinguished group did the Mitfords belong to?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)