|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
(a) In a cafe.
(b) In a bookstore.
(c) In a church basement.
(d) In an apartment.
2. How did Esmond earn a living while in Spain?
(a) Collecting scrap metal.
(c) Selling state secrets.
(d) Writing for a newspaper.
3. With whom did Muv arrange for Jessica to go on a shopping date?
4. What did Uncle Tommy do for a living?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was an accountant.
(c) He was a magistrate.
(d) He was a polo player.
5. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From a friend.
(b) From the radio.
(c) From newspaper reports.
(d) From her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
2. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
3. At the end of Chapter 12, why did Jessica want to meet Esmond?
4. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
5. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)