|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(c) The postman.
2. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
(a) Buy groceries.
(b) Send a telegram.
(c) Drive an automobile.
(d) Household chores.
3. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
(a) His political views differed from the Mitford family's.
(b) He had no means of making a living.
(c) He was a known playboy.
(d) His fortune came from trade.
4. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Whooping cough.
5. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(a) High Wycombe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
2. Where did Esmond work after returning to London from France?
3. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
4. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
5. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)