|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The House of Lords.
(c) The London Horse Club.
(d) The League of Fascists.
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. After returning to London, what did Jessica find that she did not know how to do?
(a) Send a telegram.
(b) Drive an automobile.
(c) Buy groceries.
(d) Household chores.
4. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
(a) In a church basement.
(b) In a cafe.
(c) In a bookstore.
(d) In an apartment.
5. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From newspaper reports.
(d) From the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
2. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
3. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
4. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
5. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)