|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
2. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
3. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
(a) The family's vacation plans.
(b) Their trust funds.
(d) A boy named James.
4. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The Albert Hall.
(c) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
5. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The country air.
(c) Seeing her friends.
(d) Having servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nancy's mother want her work published under a pseudonym?
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. How many days did it take to reach Spain by boat from London?
4. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
5. What establishment did Jessica find Esmond had opened in London?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)