|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Jessica's aunt.
(b) Dorothy Allhusen.
(c) Roger Roughton.
(d) Esmond's uncle Winston.
2. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
(a) Westminster Abbey.
(b) Kensington Palace Gardens.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) The Albert Hall.
3. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
(a) Mixing with the upper class.
(b) Getting dressed up.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Attending parties.
4. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was having an affair.
(b) She had divorced.
(c) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(d) She was ill.
5. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Fascists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
2. In a phony letter, where did Jessica's cousins invite her to go?
3. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
4. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
5. In which city did Esmond and Jessica try out his game-winning system?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)