|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
(a) By gambling.
(b) By selling his paintings.
(c) By investing in property.
(d) By selling articles to publications.
2. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
(b) Human sexuality.
(c) Life in America.
(d) The monarchy.
3. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(b) Horse racing.
4. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
(a) In London.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In Germany.
(d) At Swinbrook.
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(c) Political corruption.
(d) Rising unemployment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessica describe her life during her childhood?
2. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
4. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
5. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)