|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Esmond's surname?
2. Where did Mrs. Mitford have a home that the family occasionally visited?
(d) High Wycombe.
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her sister Nancy.
(b) Her sister Boud.
(c) Her cousin Giles.
(d) Her father.
4. What kind of vessel did Jessica and Esmond take to Spain?
(a) A sail boat.
(b) A cargo boat.
(c) A cruise ship.
(d) A fishing boat.
5. After returning to London, how did Esmond try to earn extra money?
(a) By selling his paintings.
(b) By gambling.
(c) By investing in property.
(d) By selling articles to publications.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of their daughter, to where did Esmond and Jessica travel?
2. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
3. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
4. Where did Diana and Boud spend most of their time when Jessica was about 16?
5. What did Jessica think of her married aunts?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)