|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Jessica's debut season, what caused her mother consternation?
(a) Jessica talked about her political views.
(b) Jessica didn't pay attention to her appearance.
(c) Jessica couldn't remember people's names.
(d) Jessica was often late for events.
2. Who offered to let Esmond and Jessica a house to stay in?
(a) Roger Roughton.
(b) Jessica's aunt.
(c) Dorothy Allhusen.
(d) Esmond's uncle Winston.
3. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Catholic Church.
4. What was Esmond's surname?
5. What game did Esmond believe that he found a system to win at?
(a) Horse racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being cut off by her family, what job did Jessica do to earn money?
2. As part of her social debut, where was Jessica presented?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
4. Where did Esmond open his establishment in London?
5. Why did the Mitfords not immediately approve of Bryan Guinness?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)