|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jessica call the savings account she opened?
(a) Her "Mine All Mine" savings account.
(b) Her "Rainy Day" savings account.
(c) Her "Running Away" savings account.
(d) Her "University Fund" savings account.
2. What did Nancy miss about living at Swinbrook?
(a) Seeing her friends.
(b) Having servants.
(c) The country air.
(d) Her parents.
3. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Whooping cough.
4. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(a) Political corruption.
(d) Rising unemployment.
5. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her cousin Giles.
(b) Her sister Boud.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister Nancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what group did many of Jessica and Esmond's London friends belong?
2. Who was the only sibling at Swinbrook with Jessica after her debut season?
3. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
4. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
5. How did Jessica feel about meeting Esmond?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)