|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the note to the Mitfords saying Jessica and Esmond eloped?
(b) The postman.
2. What did Jessica quarrel about with Diana and Boud when they returned to Swinbrook?
(b) A boy named James.
(c) Their trust funds.
(d) The family's vacation plans.
3. What illness did Jessica's daughter contract as a 4-month old?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Whooping cough.
4. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From the radio.
(d) From newspaper reports.
5. What were Jessica and the other children curious about their aunt who lived in a London flat?
(a) Why she never married.
(b) Why she never sent them letters.
(c) Why she had a scar on her face.
(d) Why she hated her sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go directly upon arriving in Spain?
2. To Jessica, what was the best part about being a debutante?
3. What was the viewpoint of the magazine Esmond published?
4. While Jessica was planning to go to Spain, where was Muv making plans to go?
5. What item did Jessica and Esmond purchase by charging it to Farve's account?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)