|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) Their hotel's owner.
(b) A local schoolteacher.
(c) Jessica translated herself.
(d) Their neighbor.
2. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
(a) Jessica would be disinherited.
(b) Jessica's father would marry her off to an old man.
(c) Esmond would go to prison.
(d) Esmond would be abandoned by his family.
3. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(c) A French judge.
(d) Jessica's mother.
4. Where did Esmond work in France?
(a) At a radio station.
(b) At an English school.
(c) At the British embassy.
(d) At Reuters.
5. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
4. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
5. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)