|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From newspaper reports.
(b) From the radio.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From a friend.
2. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) Their neighbor.
(b) A local schoolteacher.
(c) Jessica translated herself.
(d) Their hotel's owner.
3. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(a) Political corruption.
(c) Rising unemployment.
4. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Jessica's father.
(b) Dorothy Allhusen.
(c) Anthony Eden.
(d) Peter Nevil.
5. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
(a) Esmond would go to prison.
(b) Jessica would be disinherited.
(c) Jessica's father would marry her off to an old man.
(d) Esmond would be abandoned by his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
2. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
3. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
4. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
5. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)