|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
(b) New England.
(d) West Virginia.
2. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
(a) Like it was a living hell.
(b) Like it was a dream.
(c) Like it was her destiny.
(d) Like it was a mistake.
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her cousin Giles.
(b) Her sister Boud.
(c) Her sister Nancy.
(d) Her father.
4. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Peter Nevil.
(b) Jessica's father.
(c) Anthony Eden.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
5. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
(a) Their knowledge of England.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their hospitality.
(d) Their fashion sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
2. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
3. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
4. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)