|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
2. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Eighty dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
3. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
(a) Esmond would be abandoned by his family.
(b) Jessica's father would marry her off to an old man.
(c) Esmond would go to prison.
(d) Jessica would be disinherited.
4. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
5. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Fascists.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
2. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
3. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
4. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
5. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)