|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
2. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
(a) Sitting on the beach.
(b) Treating patients at a hospital.
(c) Typing up news stories.
(d) Scavenging for items to sell.
3. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) Their hotel's owner.
(b) Their neighbor.
(c) Jessica translated herself.
(d) A local schoolteacher.
4. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Anthony Eden.
(c) Jessica's father.
(d) Peter Nevil.
5. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(b) The 1939 World's Fair.
(c) The World Series.
(d) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Esmond work in France?
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
3. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
4. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
5. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)