|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) A playboy millionaire.
(b) A state senator.
(c) An organized-crime kingpin.
(d) A small-time businessman.
2. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Fascists.
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
(a) Her sister Nancy.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister Boud.
(d) Her cousin Giles.
4. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Anthony Eden.
(c) Peter Nevil.
(d) Jessica's father.
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Esmond work in France?
2. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
3. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
4. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
5. Who was Horton?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)