|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
(b) To launder money.
(c) To lose money.
(d) To rip off rich clientele.
2. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Jessica's mother.
(c) A French judge.
(d) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
3. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The 1939 World's Fair.
(b) The World Series.
(c) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
(d) The opening of La Guardia airport.
4. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
2. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
3. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
4. What made Esmond and Jessica decide to get their American tour started?
5. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)