|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
(a) Arrest Esmond.
(b) Be a witness to Jessica and Esmond's marriage.
(c) Find Jessica.
(d) Give Jessica some money.
2. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
(a) Starting a new life in America.
(b) The situation in England.
(c) His experiences in Spain.
(d) The weaknesses of the Nazi party.
3. Who was Horton?
(a) An English butler.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A taxi driver.
(d) A doorman.
4. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
(b) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(c) The 1939 World's Fair.
(d) The World Series.
5. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From the radio.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From newspaper reports.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
2. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
3. Where did Esmond work in France?
4. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
5. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)