|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esmond work in France?
(a) At the British embassy.
(b) At an English school.
(c) At a radio station.
(d) At Reuters.
2. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
(b) New England.
(c) West Virginia.
3. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Lancaster University.
(b) University of Exeter.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Wellington College.
4. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
(a) Their knowledge of England.
(b) Their hospitality.
(c) Their fashion sense.
(d) Their wealth.
5. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A political journal.
(c) A lawyer's office.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
2. What made Esmond and Jessica decide to get their American tour started?
3. With whom did Jessica become closer at the age of 15?
4. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
5. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)