|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To rip off rich clientele.
(b) To launder money.
(c) To lose money.
(d) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
2. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) A state senator.
(b) An organized-crime kingpin.
(c) A small-time businessman.
(d) A playboy millionaire.
3. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
4. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The hospitality of the locals.
(b) How much it was like England.
(c) The architecture.
(d) The amount of poverty.
5. Where did Esmond work in France?
(a) At the British embassy.
(b) At Reuters.
(c) At a radio station.
(d) At an English school.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
2. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
3. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
4. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
5. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)