|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Esmond and Jessica decide to get their American tour started?
(a) A friend became available to help.
(b) They had saved up the right amount of money.
(c) They thought they should do it before winter.
(d) Esmond lost his job.
2. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She had divorced.
(d) She was having an affair.
3. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Peter Nevil.
(c) Anthony Eden.
(d) Jessica's father.
4. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(b) Political corruption.
(d) Rising unemployment.
5. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From the radio.
(c) From newspaper reports.
(d) From a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
2. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
3. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
4. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
5. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)