|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The World Series.
(b) The 1939 World's Fair.
(c) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(d) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
2. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
3. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(c) Political corruption.
(d) Rising unemployment.
4. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) A local schoolteacher.
(b) Their neighbor.
(c) Jessica translated herself.
(d) Their hotel's owner.
5. Who was Horton?
(a) An English butler.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A doorman.
(d) A taxi driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
2. Where did Esmond work in France?
3. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
4. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
5. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)