|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
(a) Give Jessica some money.
(b) Find Jessica.
(c) Arrest Esmond.
(d) Be a witness to Jessica and Esmond's marriage.
2. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
3. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The amount of poverty.
(b) The architecture.
(c) How much it was like England.
(d) The hospitality of the locals.
4. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
(a) Hotel management.
(c) Auto repair.
5. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
2. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
3. Where did Jessica learn that Esmond had run away from school?
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
5. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)