|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sir Mosley's first name?
2. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
(a) The situation in England.
(b) Starting a new life in America.
(c) The weaknesses of the Nazi party.
(d) His experiences in Spain.
3. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A Scottish tweed shop.
(b) A souvenir stall.
(c) A hat shop.
(d) A popcorn stand.
4. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
(a) Be a witness to Jessica and Esmond's marriage.
(b) Arrest Esmond.
(c) Give Jessica some money.
(d) Find Jessica.
5. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) A local schoolteacher.
(b) Their neighbor.
(c) Their hotel's owner.
(d) Jessica translated herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
2. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
3. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
4. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
5. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)