|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) Dorothy Allhusen.
(b) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(c) Jessica's mother.
(d) A French judge.
2. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(a) Rising unemployment.
(b) Political corruption.
3. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
4. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
(a) Treating patients at a hospital.
(b) Scavenging for items to sell.
(c) Sitting on the beach.
(d) Typing up news stories.
5. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pro-consul told to do in the telegram?
2. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
3. Where did Esmond work in France?
4. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
5. At the age of 15, Jessica began to read books about what topic?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)