|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Horton?
(a) A doorman.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) An English butler.
(d) A clergyman.
2. Which political figure did Boud befriend?
3. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
4. Why were the Mitford girls at one point disallowed from visiting Diana?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She had divorced.
(c) She was having an affair.
(d) She was living in a bad neighborhood.
5. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(a) Rising unemployment.
(c) Political corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
2. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
3. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
4. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
5. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)