|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Esmond find a job working in New York?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An advertising agency.
(c) A political journal.
(d) A lawyer's office.
2. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To launder money.
(b) To lose money.
(c) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
(d) To rip off rich clientele.
3. Who was Horton?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) An English butler.
(c) A doorman.
(d) A clergyman.
4. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
5. After leaving Spain, which of her sisters did Jessica meet in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling, what impressed Jessica and Esmond about Americans?
2. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
3. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
4. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
5. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)