|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
(b) New York.
2. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A popcorn stand.
(b) A hat shop.
(c) A Scottish tweed shop.
(d) A souvenir stall.
3. What led to hunger marches in England in the 1930s?
(c) Rising unemployment.
(d) Political corruption.
4. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To rip off rich clientele.
(b) To launder money.
(c) To lose money.
(d) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
5. What amazed Jessica about living in Spain?
(a) The architecture.
(b) The amount of poverty.
(c) How much it was like England.
(d) The hospitality of the locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Sir Mosley organize?
2. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
3. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
4. As Hitler continued to take territory in Europe, what did Esmond sell an article about?
5. In what school program did Esmond enroll?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)