|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) New England.
2. What group was involved with many of the protests in the 1930s?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Red Cross.
3. For what event did Miss Warren handle the concessions?
(a) The 1939 World's Fair.
(b) The World Series.
(c) The opening of La Guardia airport.
(d) The release of the film "The Wizard of Oz."
4. In which town did Jessica and Esmond live in Spain?
5. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
(a) Wellington College.
(b) University of Exeter.
(c) Lancaster University.
(d) Oxford University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jessica sent to study with her cousin Idden?
2. What did Jessica's father threaten would happen if she did not return from Spain to England?
3. What was Esmond's weekly salary at his New York job?
4. Students from which university pledged not to support the government in the 1930s?
5. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)