|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) A playboy millionaire.
(b) An organized-crime kingpin.
(c) A small-time businessman.
(d) A state senator.
2. Whom did Jessica and Esmond ask for permission to get married?
(a) Jessica's mother.
(b) A French judge.
(c) Jessica's legal guardian in France.
(d) Dorothy Allhusen.
3. Who helped Jessica and Esmond translate news from the radio?
(a) Their neighbor.
(b) Their hotel's owner.
(c) A local schoolteacher.
(d) Jessica translated herself.
4. What did Esmond and Jessica learn was the purpose of the business for which Esmond worked?
(a) To secretly collect information about the Nazis.
(b) To lose money.
(c) To launder money.
(d) To rip off rich clientele.
5. What kind of shop did Miss Warren run?
(a) A Scottish tweed shop.
(b) A souvenir stall.
(c) A popcorn stand.
(d) A hat shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a telegram that was delivered by the British pro-consul?
2. Which school did Jessica's cousins Giles and Esmond attend?
3. Where did Jessica and Esmond go for a vacation in June 1939?
4. What did Jessica and Esmond spend their afternoons doing in Spain?
5. How did Jessica feel about living in Spain with Esmond?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)