Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1-2 Abstract
* The Mitfords lived in the Cotswolds, in a self-contained home with its own school and hospital room.
* The Mitford children had little contact with outsiders and found ways to amuse themselves.
* Unity and Jessica formed the Society of Hons.
* The children were educated by their mother and various governesses.
* The Mitford family interests...
This section contains 2,030 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)