* The Mitfords lived in the Cotswolds, in a self-contained home with its own school and hospital room.
* The Mitford children had little contact with outsiders and found ways to amuse themselves.
* Unity and Jessica formed the Society of Hons.
* The children were educated by their mother and various governesses.
* The Mitford family interests centered on the Church, the Conservative Party and the House of Lords.
* Mr. Mitford -- "Farve" -- was a member of the House of Lords.
* Jessica was aware of class distinction and inequality of income at an early age.
* Jessica found her childhood monotonous.
* Jessica noted that she found her aunts stuffy and uncles boring.
* Jessica worried that the quality of her education would not allow her to attend university. Her mother wouldn't allow her to attend school.
* Nancy published a novel in the 1920s. Most of the family was proud...
This section contains 1,823 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)