Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the scarf Tao Chi'en's wife is wearing when she meets him?
2. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
3. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
4. What is the name of the ship Paulina owns?
5. What does Tao Chi'en hope to do in California?
Essay Topic 1
The sage's theory is that happiness comes from serving others. If this idea is accurate, which characters in the story should be the happiest? Do they seem happy? Which characters seem the least happy? Use examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, irony surrounds Jacob Todd. Describe two things that are ironic about Jacob and explain why they are ironic. How do these instances of irony shape his story line?
Essay Topic 3
There are a few characters in Daughter of Fortune who have similar experiences with different outcomes. How do class differences dictate consequences of actions in this novel? Does race or gender play a role?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)