Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the scarf Tao Chi'en's wife is wearing when she meets him?
2. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
3. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
4. What is the name of the ship Paulina owns?
5. What does Tao Chi'en hope to do in California?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used throughout the novel. Think of two instances of foreshadowing and explain their significance. Do the instances help you form a picture in your mind about what happens to the characters after the novel ends?
Essay Topic 2
We see unrequited love a lot in this novel. Describe three instances of unrequited love and explain how they relate to the novel as a whole. How do they shape the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Allende portrays the prostitutes in the traveling brothel and the one on the ship as being very kind and loyal. List some examples of times that prostitutes are shown in a good light. What is the significance of portraying these women (who are doing what might be considered immoral by most) as caring and helpful?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)