Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the scarf Tao Chi'en's wife is wearing when she meets him?
2. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
3. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
4. What is the name of the ship Paulina owns?
5. What does Tao Chi'en hope to do in California?
Essay Topic 1
Allende portrays the prostitutes in the traveling brothel and the one on the ship as being very kind and loyal. List some examples of times that prostitutes are shown in a good light. What is the significance of portraying these women (who are doing what might be considered immoral by most) as caring and helpful?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in the novel break out from their traditional or expected roles. Choose two characters who have done this and compare and contrast their situations. Does rebelling against society's norms help or hurt them?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Lin's ghost? How does she help to move the plot along? What does she represent for Tao Chi'en?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)