Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the scarf Tao Chi'en's wife is wearing when she meets him?
2. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
3. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
4. What is the name of the ship Paulina owns?
5. What does Tao Chi'en hope to do in California?
Essay Topic 1
Eliza has two clashing worlds influencing her as she grows up: the world of proper English people and the world of Chilean poverty. Which lifestyle does she seem to enjoy more? How does each lifestyle shape the woman she grows up to be? Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Tao Chi'en is mentioned as far back as the first chapter, but he is not included in the plot until the eighth chapter. What reason would Allende have for mentioning his name several times in the narrative early on? Is it surprising when he is officially introduced?
Essay Topic 3
Rose and Tao Chi'en both have chapters dedicated to telling their back stories. Why is it important to include background information on these characters? Why would Allende not tell the story in chronological order?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)