|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Rose and John unable to track Mama Fresia?
(a) She leaves them a fake note.
(b) They think she is dead.
(c) They don't know her last name.
(d) She changes her name.
2. How does Tao find out that Joaquin has been killed?
(a) He receives a letter from Jacob.
(b) He overhears a crowd talking about it.
(c) He reads it in the newspaper.
(d) Eliza tells him.
3. During a two year period working with Tao Chi'en, how many times does Eliza leave to look for Joaquin?
4. What does Eliza bring for James and Esther at the end of "Singsong Girls"?
(a) A jar of jam.
(b) A slice of pie.
(c) A few eggs.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. What is Jacob's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area where young girls are taken to be prepared to be sold?
2. Who does Tao Chi'en say Eliza is?
3. Who says: "I thought there weren't any slaves in California"?
4. How do the people in the brothel survive the winter?
5. What illness is sweeping the town where the brothel resides for the winter?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)