|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the scarf Tao Chi'en's wife is wearing when she meets him?
2. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
(a) Working as a miner.
(b) Preparing and selling medicines.
(c) Removing bullets and stitching knife wounds.
(d) Offering Eliza as a prostitute.
3. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
4. What is the name of the ship Paulina owns?
5. What does Tao Chi'en hope to do in California?
(a) Work at a restaurant.
(b) Find gold.
(c) Find a new Chinese wife.
(d) Get a permit to practice medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in the brothel survive the winter?
2. Who does Eliza send letters to regularly?
3. Why is no effort made to revive Tao Chi'en's dead baby?
4. What year is it when "Joaquin" begins?
5. What is the last name of the Joaquin that Eliza hears about?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)