|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
2. How does Eliza make money now that she's on her own?
(a) She is still selling food.
(b) She writes letters for illiterate miners.
(c) She mends clothing for the miners.
(d) She mines gold.
3. What does Eliza bring for James and Esther at the end of "Singsong Girls"?
(a) A slice of pie.
(b) A few eggs.
(c) A jar of jam.
(d) A loaf of bread.
4. What is Eliza's role when she joins the traveling brothel?
(c) Piano player.
5. What does Eliza sell to make money when she arrives in California?
(c) Her jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lin's ghost appears to Tao Chi'en, what is she wearing?
2. What does Tao Chi'en determine that a young prostitute died of?
3. How much is Tao Chi'en paid after diagnosing the dead girl?
4. Who does Tao Chi'en say Eliza is?
5. What is the name of the area where young girls are taken to be prepared to be sold?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)