|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tao find out that Joaquin has been killed?
(a) He receives a letter from Jacob.
(b) He overhears a crowd talking about it.
(c) Eliza tells him.
(d) He reads it in the newspaper.
2. Who sends word back to Rose that Eliza may still be alive?
(b) Tao Chi'en.
3. Why is no effort made to revive Tao Chi'en's dead baby?
(a) The baby is a boy.
(b) Tao Chi'en doesn't want the baby.
(c) The baby is deformed.
(d) The baby is a girl.
4. How does Eliza respond when Tao Chi'en asks her if the dead Joaquin is her Joaquin?
(a) She says it is.
(b) She says she is angry.
(c) She says she is free.
(d) She says she is not sure.
5. What does James do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tao Chi'en go to start a new life?
2. What name does Eliza go by as a boy?
3. How long is Eliza on the boat?
4. How much is Tao Chi'en paid after diagnosing the dead girl?
5. What must Eliza amputate from a man with gangrene?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)