|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tao Chi'en go to start a new life?
(d) Hong Kong.
2. How much is the reward for the head of Joaquin?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
3. Who says: "I thought there weren't any slaves in California"?
(a) A Chilean vendor.
(b) A prostitute.
(d) Tao Chi'en.
4. What is the last name of the Joaquin that Eliza hears about?
5. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
(a) Removing bullets and stitching knife wounds.
(b) Working as a miner.
(c) Offering Eliza as a prostitute.
(d) Preparing and selling medicines.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Rose always become ill?
2. When Lin's ghost appears to Tao Chi'en, what is she wearing?
3. What illness is sweeping the town where the brothel resides for the winter?
4. Who does Tao Chi'en get to help Eliza?
5. Why must Eliza admit to Tao Chi'en that she is pregnant?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)