|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao Chi'en hope to do in California?
(a) Get a permit to practice medicine.
(b) Work at a restaurant.
(c) Find gold.
(d) Find a new Chinese wife.
2. What is the name of the traveling brothel's madam?
(a) Joe Bonecrusher.
3. What does Eliza send to Rose from California when she realizes how much she misses her?
(a) Gold dust.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A scrapbook of her adventures.
(d) A telegraph.
4. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
(a) Offering Eliza as a prostitute.
(b) Preparing and selling medicines.
(c) Removing bullets and stitching knife wounds.
(d) Working as a miner.
5. What must Eliza amputate from a man with gangrene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joaquin's gang member?
2. Who says: "I thought there weren't any slaves in California"?
3. Who sends word back to Rose that Eliza may still be alive?
4. What is the last name of the Joaquin that Eliza hears about?
5. What is the name of the women Tao Chi'en falls in love with?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)