|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza send to Rose from California when she realizes how much she misses her?
(a) A scrapbook of her adventures.
(b) A telegraph.
(c) Gold dust.
(d) A photograph.
2. What is the name of Joaquin's gang member?
(a) One-armed Frank.
(b) Four-toe Mark.
(c) Three-finger Jack.
(d) Balding Bart.
3. Who says: "People come out west to escape the past and begin anew, but our obsessions pursue us, like the wind"?
(c) Tao Chi'en.
4. After hearing about the success of Paulina's shipping line, other people, mentioned specifically in the novel, have tried to duplicate it by shipping what?
(a) Potatoes from Ireland.
(b) Coconuts from Hawaii.
(c) Ice from Alaska.
(d) Pottery from China.
5. During a two year period working with Tao Chi'en, how many times does Eliza leave to look for Joaquin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item reveals Eliza's parentage?
2. Who does Tao Chi'en get to help Eliza?
3. How does Tao find out that Joaquin has been killed?
4. Who bumps into Jacob during dinner?
5. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)