|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is no effort made to revive Tao Chi'en's dead baby?
(a) Tao Chi'en doesn't want the baby.
(b) The baby is a boy.
(c) The baby is deformed.
(d) The baby is a girl.
2. What religion does James follow?
3. What does Tao Chi'en hope to do in California?
(a) Get a permit to practice medicine.
(b) Work at a restaurant.
(c) Find a new Chinese wife.
(d) Find gold.
4. What must Eliza amputate from a man with gangrene?
5. What is the name of Joaquin's gang member?
(a) Balding Bart.
(b) One-armed Frank.
(c) Four-toe Mark.
(d) Three-finger Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lin's ghost appears to Tao Chi'en, what is she wearing?
2. Why are Rose and John unable to track Mama Fresia?
3. What is Eliza's plan if she doesn't find Joaquin?
4. What is the name of the prostitute that finds love with James?
5. What is the name of the doctor that Tao Chi'en befriends?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)