|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eliza come to live with Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Jeremy's coworker askes him to look after her while he travels to Europe.
(b) Rose gives birth to her.
(c) They adopt her from an orphanage.
(d) She is left on their doorstep.
2. What does the name Tao mean?
3. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(d) Jacob .
4. What is Paulina's last name before she gets married?
(b) Del Valle.
5. When does Jacob become very ill?
(a) After his third week in Chile.
(b) After his first night in Chile.
(c) After two years in Chile.
(d) As soon as he arrives in Chile.
6. Who does Eliza take with her while she looks for a way onto a ship?
(c) Mama Fresia.
7. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Hot chocolate.
8. Why does Eliza choose Wednesday to meet Joaquin?
(a) Rose will be at a friend's house.
(b) Everyone is at church.
(c) Rose is hosting a dance.
(d) Eliza is supposed to be at a friend's house that night.
9. Who says: "Eliza is not exactly a beauty"?
(d) Mama Fresia.
10. What season is it when "The News" starts?
11. What year is it when Jacob comes to Chile?
12. Who says: "You must allow the man to feel superior"?
(b) Mama Fresia.
13. Where has gold been discovered?
14. Where is Joaquin supposed to meet Eliza in secret for the first time?
(a) At a brothel.
(b) At a shrine.
(c) At her home.
(d) At a bar.
15. Where is Tao Chi'en sold after ten years of slavery?
(c) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paulina's father send her?
2. In which Chilean city do Jeremy and Rose live?
3. Tao Chi'en goes to work for whom?
4. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
5. Where does Eliza first see Joaquin?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)