|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition will Rose take Eliza to England?
(a) If Eliza doesn't find a husband.
(b) If Eliza becomes a great piano player.
(c) If Eliza asks to go to school there.
(d) If Eliza becomes pregnant.
2. What long lost city might have been found?
(b) San Antonio.
(c) El Dorado.
3. When does Jacob become very ill?
(a) After his first night in Chile.
(b) As soon as he arrives in Chile.
(c) After two years in Chile.
(d) After his third week in Chile.
4. What is Jacob's last name?
5. What is Jeremy's job?
(a) A reporter.
(b) An importer.
(c) A locksmith.
(d) He owns a restaurant.
6. What does Jeremy find in his bottle of brandy?
(c) A dead lizard.
7. What reason does Eliza give to John for her being ill?
(a) She drank bad milk.
(b) She is having feminine issues.
(c) She is in love.
(d) She ate green fruit.
8. Who assigns the chaplain to go to Chile?
(a) The Chilean government.
(b) The Bank of London.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The British Navy.
9. What is the name of the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Mama Javiera.
(b) Mama Fresia.
(c) Mama Catalina.
(d) Mama Lucia.
10. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
(a) He becomes romantically involved with a wealthy woman.
(b) He takes a job with Jeremy.
(c) Acquaintances have set up bank accounts for him.
(d) He picks pockets.
11. Where does Paulina's father send her?
(a) To a convent.
(b) To live with relatives.
(c) To marry a wealthy man.
(d) To a boarding school.
12. In which Chilean city do Jeremy and Rose live?
(d) Vina del Mar.
13. Tao Chi'en goes to work for whom?
(a) A sea captain.
(b) An emperor.
(c) A madam.
(d) A physician.
14. Who visits a witch and asks for advice?
(d) Mama Fresia.
15. How old is Joaquin in "Love"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao Chi'en give to Eliza to help her hide her identity?
2. Who is responsible for separating Rose and Karl?
3. Tao Chi'en comes from a family of what?
4. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
5. Where is Tao Chi'en sold after ten years of slavery?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)