|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for separating Rose and Karl?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. How long does Jacob have to complete his task in Chile?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) One hundred days.
3. Who says: "You must allow the man to feel superior"?
(c) Mama Fresia.
4. Who old is Karl when he first experiences love?
5. Tao Chi'en comes from a family of what?
(b) Land owners.
6. What does Jacob's new landlord's wife make and sell?
7. How many daughters does Agustin have?
8. How does Eliza come to live with Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Rose gives birth to her.
(b) She is left on their doorstep.
(c) They adopt her from an orphanage.
(d) Jeremy's coworker askes him to look after her while he travels to Europe.
9. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
(a) To investigate Jacob's missionary work.
(b) To ask a favor of Jeremy.
(c) To open a new Catholic Church.
(d) To woo Rose Sommers.
10. Who says, "You have the eyes of a bitch in heat"?
(b) Tao Chi'en.
(d) Mama Fresia.
11. Where is Karl from?
12. What is the name of the place where Jacob goes to have a drink?
(a) Club de la Chile.
(b) Club de la Union.
(c) Pub de la Union.
(d) Barra de la Chile.
13. What illness does Tao's master have?
14. Where are Jeremy and Rose originally from?
(a) The United States.
15. What does Eliza think Joaquin's name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rose when she is unexpectedly kissed?
2. Where does John's ship sail before going to England?
3. Why isn't Eliza worried about being caught with Joaquin in the house?
4. Who continues to visit Jacob after his public shame?
5. What month is it when the news about gold reaches Chile?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)