|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires John as the captain of a steamship?
2. Who is determined that Eliza will enroll in Madame Colbert's school?
3. Who assigns the chaplain to go to Chile?
(a) The Bank of London.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Chilean government.
(d) The British Navy.
4. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
(a) He becomes romantically involved with a wealthy woman.
(b) He takes a job with Jeremy.
(c) He picks pockets.
(d) Acquaintances have set up bank accounts for him.
5. What does Paulina's mother take as a gift to the women of Iglesia de la Matriz?
(a) Paulina's hair.
(b) Paulina's books.
(c) Paulina's jewelry.
(d) Paulina's dresses.
6. What month is it when Eliza first sees Joaquin?
7. How does Tao Chi'en know John?
(a) John Sommers is in love with Tao's sister.
(b) He is also a sea captain.
(c) He is a cook on his ship.
(d) He is a childhood friend.
8. Where has gold been discovered?
9. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
(a) Mama Fresia.
10. Who says: "The wise man is always joyful"?
(a) Tao Chi'en's father.
(b) Tao Chi'en.
(c) The sage.
(d) Tao Chi'en's mother.
11. When Joaquin's mother asks him where he's been, how does he respond?
(a) He says he was protesting a factory.
(b) He says he was discovering love.
(c) He says he had to work late.
(d) He says he was out drinking with a friend.
12. What color is Jacob's hair?
13. How old is Eliza in "Suitors"?
14. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Hot chocolate.
15. What is the name of the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Mama Catalina.
(b) Mama Lucia.
(c) Mama Fresia.
(d) Mama Javiera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Tao mean?
2. How does Eliza let Joaquin know where and when to meet her?
3. Who asks: "Do you think anyone does anything free in this world, niña?"
4. How do the surgeons try to heal Jacob when he is ill?
5. What year is it when Rose and Jeremy arrive in Chile?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)