|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob decide to help Paulina?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) She threatens to tell his secret.
(c) Her happy nature reminds him of Rose.
(d) She pays him.
2. What is the name of the man that Rose introduces to her daughter?
(a) Michael Stuart.
(b) Matthew Stewart.
(c) Michael Steward.
(d) Stuart Michaels.
3. How does Eliza come to live with Jeremy and Rose?
(a) She is left on their doorstep.
(b) They adopt her from an orphanage.
(c) Jeremy's coworker askes him to look after her while he travels to Europe.
(d) Rose gives birth to her.
4. Who hires John as the captain of a steamship?
5. What is the date when Joaquin leaves for his journey?
(a) December twenty-fifth.
(b) December twenty-second.
(c) January first.
(d) January third.
6. How long does Jacob have to complete his task in Chile?
(a) One hundred days.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two months.
7. What does Joaquin want to change?
(a) The conditions of working men.
(b) He wants Chile to gain independence.
(c) The way women are treated in society.
(d) He wants all the English people to leave Chile.
8. Who is determined that Eliza will enroll in Madame Colbert's school?
9. What does Eliza think Joaquin's name is?
10. Why isn't Eliza worried about being caught with Joaquin in the house?
(a) She drugs Rose and Jeremy.
(b) Rose and Jeremy are away on business.
(c) Rose and Jeremy are heavy sleepers.
(d) Rose and Jeremy don't mind if she has her friend over.
11. What does Joaquin steal to sell in order to make money for his journey?
12. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(b) Jacob .
13. How many daughters does Agustin have?
14. What is Karl described as looking like?
(a) A gymnast.
(b) A prince.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A thief.
15. How do the surgeons try to heal Jacob when he is ill?
(a) They do nothing and hope it will pass.
(b) They bleed him.
(c) They give him an elixer.
(d) They give him an ice bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Eliza begin living with Jeremy and Rose?
2. What year is it when Jacob comes to Chile?
3. What would Eliza need to legitimately book a trip on a ship?
4. What hobby does Eliza enjoy most?
5. Where is Karl from?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)