|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob decide to help Paulina?
(a) She pays him.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) She threatens to tell his secret.
(d) Her happy nature reminds him of Rose.
2. What is Jeremy's brother named?
3. How old is Tao Chi'en when he gets separated from his family?
4. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
(b) A cigar.
(c) Hot chocolate.
5. Who says: "Eliza is not exactly a beauty"?
(a) Mama Fresia.
6. When does Jacob become very ill?
(a) After his first night in Chile.
(b) After his third week in Chile.
(c) After two years in Chile.
(d) As soon as he arrives in Chile.
7. What is Jeremy's brother's job?
(d) Sea captain.
8. What is the name of the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Mama Javiera.
(b) Mama Catalina.
(c) Mama Lucia.
(d) Mama Fresia.
9. What year is it when Jacob comes to Chile?
10. Who rescues Eliza from being accosted?
(b) Tao Chi'en.
11. Where is Rose when she is unexpectedly kissed?
(a) Sewing room.
(b) Her bedroom.
12. Who is determined that Eliza will enroll in Madame Colbert's school?
13. What business venture does Paulina want to make?
(a) She wants to sell supplies to goldminers.
(b) She wants to buy a goldmine.
(c) She wants to buy and sell houses.
(d) She wants to open a hotel near the goldmines.
14. What illness is going around Chile when Rose and Jeremy arrive there?
15. When do Eliza and Joaquin kiss for the first time?
(a) On their first meeting.
(b) On their fourth meeting.
(c) On their second meeting.
(d) On their fifth meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karl described as looking like?
2. What would Eliza need to legitimately book a trip on a ship?
3. Who does Eliza take with her while she looks for a way onto a ship?
4. How does Eliza come to live with Jeremy and Rose?
5. How does Eliza let Joaquin know where and when to meet her?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)