|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob decide to help Paulina?
(a) Her happy nature reminds him of Rose.
(b) She threatens to tell his secret.
(c) She pays him.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. Why does Paulina's father disapprove of her lover?
(a) His religious background is uncertain.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is a known criminal.
(d) He is much older than her.
3. What task must Jacob complete in Chile?
(a) Travel to Portugal.
(b) Get married.
(c) Find his brother.
(d) Sell 300 Bibles.
4. What is Joaquin's job?
(a) He works at the import company.
(b) He is a cook.
(c) He is a sea captain.
(d) He is a reporter.
5. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(c) A cigar.
6. Where does Jacob live before coming to Chile?
7. Where is Rose when she is unexpectedly kissed?
(b) Her bedroom.
(d) Sewing room.
8. In which Chilean city do Jeremy and Rose live?
(c) Vina del Mar.
9. Who does Eliza follow when she is looking for a way onto the boat?
(a) A priest.
(b) A loose woman.
(c) A ship captain.
(d) Her mother.
10. How old is Tao Chi'en when he gets separated from his family?
11. Who asks: "Do you think anyone does anything free in this world, niña?"
(b) Tao Chi'en.
(d) Mama Fresia.
12. What would Eliza need to legitimately book a trip on a ship?
(b) A passport.
(c) Her birth certificate.
(d) Parental approval.
13. Where is Karl from?
14. What month is it when Eliza first sees Joaquin?
15. What long lost city might have been found?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) El Dorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eliza take with her while she looks for a way onto a ship?
2. Who says: "The wise man is always joyful"?
3. What is Paulina's last name before she gets married?
4. What does Jacob's new landlord's wife make and sell?
5. Who says: "Her misfortune was to fall in love with a bad man. You are her redemption"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)