|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joaquin's job?
(a) He is a reporter.
(b) He is a cook.
(c) He works at the import company.
(d) He is a sea captain.
2. What does Joaquin want to change?
(a) The conditions of working men.
(b) The way women are treated in society.
(c) He wants all the English people to leave Chile.
(d) He wants Chile to gain independence.
3. How old is Tao Chi'en's sister when she dies?
(a) One year old.
(b) Two years old.
(c) One month old.
(d) Eight years old.
4. What does Eliza learn from the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Culinary skills.
(b) Cleaning skills.
(c) Farming skills.
(d) Sewing skills.
5. Where does John's ship sail before going to England?
(a) The United States.
(b) Hong Kong.
6. What is Karl's job?
(a) Traveling salesman.
7. Where are Jeremy and Rose originally from?
(b) The United States.
8. What is Jeremy's brother named?
9. What color is Jacob's hair?
10. What is the date when Joaquin leaves for his journey?
(a) December twenty-second.
(b) December twenty-fifth.
(c) January first.
(d) January third.
11. Who continues to visit Jacob after his public shame?
(b) His former landlord.
12. Who says: "I am deranged. I do not know what is happening to me, never have I, never shall I, love anyone as I do you"?
13. Who says, "You have the eyes of a bitch in heat"?
(b) Tao Chi'en.
(d) Mama Fresia.
14. What does Eliza offer to Joaquin when he makes a delivery to her house?
(d) An orange.
15. Who assigns the chaplain to go to Chile?
(a) The Chilean government.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Bank of London.
(d) The British Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jacob become very ill?
2. What year does Eliza begin living with Jeremy and Rose?
3. What does Tao Chi'en give to Eliza to help her hide her identity?
4. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
5. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)