|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Eliza in "Suitors"?
2. Where is Tao Chi'en sold after ten years of slavery?
(d) Hong Kong.
3. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(d) Jacob .
4. When does Jacob become very ill?
(a) After two years in Chile.
(b) After his third week in Chile.
(c) After his first night in Chile.
(d) As soon as he arrives in Chile.
5. What is the name of the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Mama Fresia.
(b) Mama Lucia.
(c) Mama Catalina.
(d) Mama Javiera.
6. How many daughters does Agustin have?
7. What month is it when Eliza first sees Joaquin?
8. What month is it when the news about gold reaches Chile?
9. What season is it when "The News" starts?
10. Why does Jacob decide to help Paulina?
(a) She pays him.
(b) She threatens to tell his secret.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) Her happy nature reminds him of Rose.
11. Who says: "You owe me satisfaction"?
(d) Rose's aunt.
12. Who asks: "Do you think anyone does anything free in this world, niña?"
(a) Mama Fresia.
(b) Tao Chi'en.
13. How many children does Karl have?
14. What reason does Eliza give to John for her being ill?
(a) She is having feminine issues.
(b) She ate green fruit.
(c) She drank bad milk.
(d) She is in love.
15. Tao Chi'en goes to work for whom?
(a) A physician.
(b) A sea captain.
(c) An emperor.
(d) A madam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
2. How does Tao Chi'en's master kill himself?
3. How long have Eliza and Joaquin been lovers when she notices him drifting from her?
4. Who does Eliza follow when she is looking for a way onto the boat?
5. Where is Joaquin supposed to meet Eliza in secret for the first time?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)