|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Joaquin pursue at the age of fourteen?
(b) Law enforcement.
2. In what room do Eliza and Joaquin first make love?
(a) The library.
(b) The storage room.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What would Eliza need to legitimately book a trip on a ship?
(a) Her birth certificate.
(b) A passport.
(d) Parental approval.
4. How does Eliza let Joaquin know where and when to meet her?
(a) She gives him a letter.
(b) She asks his coworker to tell him.
(c) She has a maid relay the message.
(d) She tells him in person.
5. What is the name of the man Paulina loves?
6. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
(a) A cigar.
(d) Hot chocolate.
7. On what night must Mama Fresia terminate Eliza's pregnancy?
8. Who old is Karl when he first experiences love?
9. What does Jacob's new landlord's wife make and sell?
10. What does the name Tao mean?
11. Who sends Eliza and Mama Fresia to administer healing methods?
12. Where is Joaquin supposed to meet Eliza in secret for the first time?
(a) At her home.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At a shrine.
(d) At a brothel.
13. What does Joaquin want to change?
(a) He wants all the English people to leave Chile.
(b) The way women are treated in society.
(c) The conditions of working men.
(d) He wants Chile to gain independence.
14. What does Jeremy find in his bottle of brandy?
(a) A dead lizard.
15. What is Jeremy's brother's job?
(c) Sea captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eliza follow someone to when she is looking for a way onto the boat?
2. Tao Chi'en goes to work for whom?
3. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
4. Why do people in Chile think Jacob comes there?
5. Why does Jacob come to Chile?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)