|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rose immediately sent when she and Karl are separated?
(a) To her aunt in Scotland.
(b) To a convent.
(c) To her grandmother in London.
(d) To Chile to do missionary work.
2. On what night must Mama Fresia terminate Eliza's pregnancy?
3. What reason does Eliza give to John for her being ill?
(a) She ate green fruit.
(b) She drank bad milk.
(c) She is in love.
(d) She is having feminine issues.
4. Where is Karl from?
5. In which Chilean city do Jeremy and Rose live?
(b) Vina del Mar.
6. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
(d) Mama Fresia.
7. Who continues to visit Jacob after his public shame?
(b) His former landlord.
8. What does Paulina's mother take as a gift to the women of Iglesia de la Matriz?
(a) Paulina's hair.
(b) Paulina's books.
(c) Paulina's dresses.
(d) Paulina's jewelry.
9. How does Tao Chi'en know John?
(a) John Sommers is in love with Tao's sister.
(b) He is a cook on his ship.
(c) He is a childhood friend.
(d) He is also a sea captain.
10. What is Karl described as looking like?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A prince.
(c) A thief.
(d) A gymnast.
11. What is Jacob's last name?
12. In what room do Eliza and Joaquin first make love?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The storage room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The library.
13. Who hires John as the captain of a steamship?
14. What illness does Tao's master have?
15. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(b) Jacob .
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tao Chi'en get separated from his family?
2. What is Jeremy's job?
3. How old is Eliza in "Suitors"?
4. Where has gold been discovered?
5. How do the surgeons try to heal Jacob when he is ill?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)