Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeremy's brother's job?
(b) Sea captain.
2. Why does Paulina's father disapprove of her lover?
(a) His religious background is uncertain.
(b) He is a known criminal.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He is much older than her.
3. How old is the man that Rose introduces to Eliza?
4. What does Eliza think Joaquin's name is?
5. How does Tao Chi'en's sister die?
(a) She is murdered by debt collectors.
(b) She drowns in the bath.
(c) She cuts herself badly with a knife.
(d) She pulls a pot of boiling water on herself.
6. How old is Joaquin in "Love"?
7. What month is it when Eliza first sees Joaquin?
8. Why does Jacob come to Chile?
(a) His ship wrecked.
(b) He is visiting relatives.
(c) He is trying to win a bet.
(d) He is running from the law.
9. Where does Eliza leave a letter for Rose?
(a) Her coat pocket.
(b) The frame of her mirror.
(c) Her jewelry box.
(d) Her shoe.
10. On what night must Mama Fresia terminate Eliza's pregnancy?
11. What is Paulina's last name before she gets married?
(d) Del Valle.
12. In what room do Eliza and Joaquin first make love?
(a) The library.
(b) The storage room.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
13. How old is Tao Chi'en when he gets separated from his family?
14. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
(d) Mama Fresia.
15. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(d) Jacob .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Eliza from being accosted?
2. What is Jeremy's job?
3. Who hires John as the captain of a steamship?
4. What does Eliza promise to give Tao Chi'en?
5. What year is it when Rose and Jeremy arrive in Chile?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)