|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Eliza is not exactly a beauty"?
(a) Mama Fresia.
2. Who says: "You owe me satisfaction"?
(d) Rose's aunt.
3. How does Tao Chi'en's master kill himself?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He swallows gold.
(c) He stabs himself.
(d) By accident, after drinking too much alcohol.
4. How many siblings does Tao Chi'en have?
5. What does the name Tao mean?
6. Why does Eliza choose Wednesday to meet Joaquin?
(a) Rose is hosting a dance.
(b) Eliza is supposed to be at a friend's house that night.
(c) Rose will be at a friend's house.
(d) Everyone is at church.
7. How old is the man that Rose introduces to Eliza?
8. Where are Jeremy and Rose originally from?
(d) The United States.
9. Where does John's ship sail before going to England?
(b) The United States.
(c) Hong Kong.
10. Why do people in Chile think Jacob comes there?
(a) To buy land.
(b) For vacation.
(c) To look for a job.
(d) For missionary work.
11. When Rose is younger, what occupation does she want to have?
(a) Opera diva.
12. What reason does Eliza give to John for her being ill?
(a) She is having feminine issues.
(b) She drank bad milk.
(c) She ate green fruit.
(d) She is in love.
13. What is the name of the man that Rose introduces to her daughter?
(a) Michael Stuart.
(b) Michael Steward.
(c) Stuart Michaels.
(d) Matthew Stewart.
14. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
(a) He becomes romantically involved with a wealthy woman.
(b) He takes a job with Jeremy.
(c) Acquaintances have set up bank accounts for him.
(d) He picks pockets.
15. On what night must Mama Fresia terminate Eliza's pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tao Chi'en's sister die?
2. What is the name of the ship that Eliza boards?
3. What is the name of the place where Jacob goes to have a drink?
4. What is Karl's job?
5. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)