|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks: "Do you think anyone does anything free in this world, niña?"
(a) Mama Fresia.
(c) Tao Chi'en.
2. What is Joaquin's job?
(a) He is a cook.
(b) He is a sea captain.
(c) He works at the import company.
(d) He is a reporter.
3. What year does Eliza begin living with Jeremy and Rose?
4. What does Rose ask two maids to do for Eliza?
(a) Make biscuits for her to give to suitors.
(b) Write love letters on her behalf.
(c) Make her many dresses.
(d) Prepare bouquets of flowers every day.
5. What does Tao Chi'en give to Eliza to help her hide her identity?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A blond wig.
(c) A large tarp.
(d) Men's clothes.
6. What does Eliza think Joaquin's name is?
7. How old is Eliza in "Suitors"?
8. Who old is Karl when he first experiences love?
9. How does Tao Chi'en know John?
(a) He is also a sea captain.
(b) He is a childhood friend.
(c) John Sommers is in love with Tao's sister.
(d) He is a cook on his ship.
10. Why isn't Eliza worried about being caught with Joaquin in the house?
(a) She drugs Rose and Jeremy.
(b) Rose and Jeremy don't mind if she has her friend over.
(c) Rose and Jeremy are heavy sleepers.
(d) Rose and Jeremy are away on business.
11. Who says: "The wise man is always joyful"?
(a) Tao Chi'en.
(b) The sage.
(c) Tao Chi'en's mother.
(d) Tao Chi'en's father.
12. How does Tao Chi'en's sister die?
(a) She is murdered by debt collectors.
(b) She cuts herself badly with a knife.
(c) She pulls a pot of boiling water on herself.
(d) She drowns in the bath.
13. What month is it when Eliza first sees Joaquin?
14. How long does Jacob have to complete his task in Chile?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four years.
(d) One hundred days.
15. How long have Eliza and Joaquin been lovers when she notices him drifting from her?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) A year.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joaquin's mother asks him where he's been, how does he respond?
2. Who says: "You owe me satisfaction"?
3. Tao Chi'en comes from a family of what?
4. How old is Joaquin in "Love"?
5. How old is Tao Chi'en when he gets separated from his family?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)