|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob come to Chile?
(a) His ship wrecked.
(b) He is trying to win a bet.
(c) He is visiting relatives.
(d) He is running from the law.
2. What is the name of the man Paulina loves?
3. Who says: "You owe me satisfaction"?
(d) Rose's aunt.
4. Where does Eliza follow someone to when she is looking for a way onto the boat?
(a) Into a bar.
(b) Into the ship's kitchen.
(c) Into a roadside shrine.
(d) Into a stranger's home.
5. What would Eliza need to legitimately book a trip on a ship?
(a) Parental approval.
(b) Her birth certificate.
(c) A passport.
6. What is the name of the man that Rose introduces to her daughter?
(a) Stuart Michaels.
(b) Michael Stuart.
(c) Michael Steward.
(d) Matthew Stewart.
7. What is Jeremy's brother named?
8. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
(a) To ask a favor of Jeremy.
(b) To woo Rose Sommers.
(c) To open a new Catholic Church.
(d) To investigate Jacob's missionary work.
9. What year is it when Rose and Jeremy arrive in Chile?
10. When Rose is younger, what occupation does she want to have?
(c) Opera diva.
11. Where is Joaquin supposed to meet Eliza in secret for the first time?
(a) At a shrine.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At a brothel.
(d) At her home.
12. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(a) Jacob .
13. How does Tao Chi'en know John?
(a) He is a childhood friend.
(b) John Sommers is in love with Tao's sister.
(c) He is a cook on his ship.
(d) He is also a sea captain.
14. Tao Chi'en comes from a family of what?
(c) Land owners.
15. Where is Rose immediately sent when she and Karl are separated?
(a) To a convent.
(b) To her aunt in Scotland.
(c) To Chile to do missionary work.
(d) To her grandmother in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tao Chi'en when he gets separated from his family?
2. Who assigns the chaplain to go to Chile?
3. Why isn't Eliza worried about being caught with Joaquin in the house?
4. Who does Eliza follow when she is looking for a way onto the boat?
5. How do the surgeons try to heal Jacob when he is ill?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)