|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joaquin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Tao Chi'en needs to do to establish himself?
(a) Set up a shop.
(c) Find his parents.
(d) Have a son.
2. How does Tao Chi'en get separated from his family?
(a) His family sells him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) His family dies in a fire.
(d) He gets kidnapped.
3. What is Eliza's plan if she doesn't find Joaquin?
(a) To move back to Chile.
(b) To continue traveling with the brothel.
(c) To open a restaurant in California.
(d) To go to China with Tao Chi'en.
4. What would Eliza need to legitimately book a trip on a ship?
(a) Her birth certificate.
(c) Parental approval.
(d) A passport.
5. What is Jeremy's job?
(a) He owns a restaurant.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A locksmith.
(d) An importer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joaquin's mother asks him where he's been, how does he respond?
2. How long is Eliza on the boat?
3. When Rose is younger, what occupation does she want to have?
4. Who says: "I thought there weren't any slaves in California"?
5. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)