|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Business Dealings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tao Chi'en go to start a new life?
(d) Hong Kong.
2. When Tao Chi'en and Eliza arrive in California, what does he suggest she look for?
(a) The Chinese barrio.
(b) Her Uncle John.
(c) A goldmine.
(d) The Chilean barrio.
3. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
(a) To ask a favor of Jeremy.
(b) To woo Rose Sommers.
(c) To open a new Catholic Church.
(d) To investigate Jacob's missionary work.
4. What does Jacob change his last name to?
5. Why are Rose and John unable to track Mama Fresia?
(a) She leaves them a fake note.
(b) She changes her name.
(c) They think she is dead.
(d) They don't know her last name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date when Joaquin leaves for his journey?
2. What is Eliza's role when she joins the traveling brothel?
3. On what condition will Rose take Eliza to England?
4. Who does Tao Chi'en say Eliza is?
5. Who says: "You must allow the man to feel superior"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)