|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Business Dealings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(a) Jacob .
2. Why is it impossible that Eliza left with Joaquin?
(a) He has not left for California yet.
(b) He left for California long before she did.
(c) John would have noticed Eliza on the ship with Joaquin.
(d) He sent letters home for Eliza.
3. How does Eliza make money now that she's on her own?
(a) She is still selling food.
(b) She mends clothing for the miners.
(c) She mines gold.
(d) She writes letters for illiterate miners.
4. What year is it when Rose and Jeremy arrive in Chile?
5. What is the name of the ship that Eliza boards?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eliza send letters to regularly?
2. Tao Chi'en goes to work for whom?
3. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
4. What is Jacob's profession?
5. Where is Joaquin supposed to meet Eliza in secret for the first time?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)