|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suitors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the surgeons try to heal Jacob when he is ill?
(a) They give him an ice bath.
(b) They do nothing and hope it will pass.
(c) They bleed him.
(d) They give him an elixer.
2. What does Rose ask two maids to do for Eliza?
(a) Prepare bouquets of flowers every day.
(b) Make biscuits for her to give to suitors.
(c) Write love letters on her behalf.
(d) Make her many dresses.
3. Why do people in Chile think Jacob comes there?
(a) For missionary work.
(b) For vacation.
(c) To buy land.
(d) To look for a job.
4. What month is it when Eliza first sees Joaquin?
5. Where does Paulina's father send her?
(a) To a boarding school.
(b) To marry a wealthy man.
(c) To a convent.
(d) To live with relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paulina's father disapprove of her lover?
2. What is Jacob's last name?
3. Who becomes friends with Joaquin at the beginning of "A Ruined Reputation"?
4. What is Eliza's last name?
5. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)