|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Suitors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a chaplain arrive in Valparaiso?
(a) To investigate Jacob's missionary work.
(b) To open a new Catholic Church.
(c) To ask a favor of Jeremy.
(d) To woo Rose Sommers.
2. Why does Jacob decide to help Paulina?
(a) She pays him.
(b) Her happy nature reminds him of Rose.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) She threatens to tell his secret.
3. What does Joaquin want to change?
(a) The way women are treated in society.
(b) He wants all the English people to leave Chile.
(c) He wants Chile to gain independence.
(d) The conditions of working men.
4. What does Rose ask two maids to do for Eliza?
(a) Prepare bouquets of flowers every day.
(b) Make biscuits for her to give to suitors.
(c) Write love letters on her behalf.
(d) Make her many dresses.
5. How does Eliza come to live with Jeremy and Rose?
(a) They adopt her from an orphanage.
(b) Jeremy's coworker askes him to look after her while he travels to Europe.
(c) Rose gives birth to her.
(d) She is left on their doorstep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
2. How long does Jacob have to complete his task in Chile?
3. Who becomes friends with Joaquin at the beginning of "A Ruined Reputation"?
4. What month is it when Eliza first sees Joaquin?
5. What is Eliza's last name?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)