|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Momo hope will give her money to board the train in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Wing Fong say the seller of Pempa returned in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
3. What is the name of the woman of the house?
4. Whom does the gentleman in Chapter 6 order to watch over Momo along her journey?
5. What does the woman of the house do when Momo says she wishes to be released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
2. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
3. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
4. How does Momo escape enslavement in Chapter 5?
5. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
6. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
7. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
8. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
9. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and compare the characters of Tulsi, Little Dorje, and Big Dorje in the narrative. How do Big Dorje and Little Dorje differ in their approach to Momo?
Essay Topic 3
Define and identify the literary elements of exposition and rising action in plot structure. How do the events in Chapter 2 propel the plot forward?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)