|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Momo is amazed that the people in Kalimpong can carry bags like which animal in Tibet?
2. What language do most of the people around Momo speak in Chapter 7?
3. How is the gentleman described who greets Momo?
4. Lady Paton tells Momo that she will have Lat Sahib give Momo's father a job as a ______________
5. How does Momo respond to the news of Pempa having been sold in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
2. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
3. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
4. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
5. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
6. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
7. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
8. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
9. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and identify the literary elements of exposition and rising action in plot structure. How do the events in Chapter 2 propel the plot forward?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the origins and history of Tibetan Buddhism and its role in Daughter of the Mountains. How is the theme of religion exemplified in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)