|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The owner of the Chinese trading shop tells Momo that the man with her dog went home _________.
2. What does the gentleman who greets Momo tell her about her prayers?
3. How does Big Dorje leave in Chapter 5?
4. What does Momo beg the Sir and Lady to give her in Chapter 8?
5. Whom does the Lady Paton ask Lat Sahib to rescue in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
2. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
3. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
4. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
6. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
7. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
8. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
9. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
10. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and compare the characters of Tulsi, Little Dorje, and Big Dorje in the narrative. How do Big Dorje and Little Dorje differ in their approach to Momo?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Dolma in the narrative. How did Momo come to the house of Rhenok? Why is Dolma holding Momo captive?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)