|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the train which Momo boards along with the ten traders described?
2. Whom does Momo go to see with Lady Paton?
3. What does Lotus Blossom devise for Momo to take to the Military Secretary's home?
4. What does the gentleman give Momo enough money for?
5. Whom does the gentleman in Chapter 6 order to watch over Momo along her journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
2. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
3. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
4. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
5. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
6. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
7. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
8. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
9. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
10. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the locations, cultures, and people of Sedonchin and Lingtam. What conflicts does Momo face in Lingtam? Why?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)