|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Lady Paton ask Lat Sahib to rescue in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of the woman of the house?
3. What language do most of the people around Momo speak in Chapter 7?
4. The gentleman in Chapter 6 gives Momo enough money to stay where along her way?
5. Where does Wing Fong say the seller of Pempa returned in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
2. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
3. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
4. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
5. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
6. Whom does Momo meet at the beginning of Chapter 6? What does he ask Momo?
7. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
8. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
9. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
10. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the origins and history of Tibetan Buddhism and its role in Daughter of the Mountains. How is the theme of religion exemplified in the novel?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)