|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wing Fong's son?
2. In Chapter 5 how is the woman of the house described?
3. Lady Paton tells Momo that she will have Lat Sahib give Momo's father a job as a ______________
4. The spouse of the person who bought Pempa holds what position?
5. What does Momo trip over after finding the traders in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo meet at the beginning of Chapter 6? What does he ask Momo?
2. How does Momo escape enslavement in Chapter 5?
3. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
4. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
5. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
6. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
7. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
8. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
9. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
10. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the cultural, linguistic, and ethnic differences that Momo encounters along her journey into India. What language barriers does Momo face outside of Tibet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Dolma in the narrative. How did Momo come to the house of Rhenok? Why is Dolma holding Momo captive?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Momo as the protagonist of the novel. What characteristics does Momo embody? How does she fit in with her community? How old is Momo in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)