|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guards stop Momo as she tries to enter the palace in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of Lotus Blossom's younger sister?
3. Lady Paton tells Momo that she will have Lat Sahib give Momo's father a job as a ______________
4. How many children does the man who owns the Chinese trading shop have?
5. What does Momo trip over after finding the traders in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
2. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
3. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
4. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
5. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
6. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
7. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
8. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
9. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
10. Whom does Momo meet at the beginning of Chapter 6? What does he ask Momo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the cultural, linguistic, and ethnic differences that Momo encounters along her journey into India. What language barriers does Momo face outside of Tibet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Dolma in the narrative. How did Momo come to the house of Rhenok? Why is Dolma holding Momo captive?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)