|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the butler of the palace?
2. Whom does the gentleman in Chapter 6 order to watch over Momo along her journey?
3. Why is the woman of the house unable to catch up with Momo?
4. What does Lady Paton instruct her men to make sure that the thief of Pempa must do?
5. Wing Fong reveals that Pempa was sold to whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)