|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The owner of the Chinese trading shop tells Momo that the man with her dog went home _________.
2. Where is the train which Momo boards with the ten traders headed?
3. Where is the gentleman from who greets Momo in Chapter 6?
4. Which of the guards loses his patience with Momo in Chapter 8?
5. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is ________to Tibet.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
2. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
3. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
4. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
5. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
6. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
7. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
8. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
9. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
10. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the locations, cultures, and people of Sedonchin and Lingtam. What conflicts does Momo face in Lingtam? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)