|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gentleman who greets Momo ask her?
2. Lady Paton and her husband refer to Lat Sahib as ____________.
3. Where is the gentleman from who greets Momo in Chapter 6?
4. Whom does the Lady Paton insist on keeping Pempa for the time being in Chapter 8?
5. What does Momo cry out in the beginning of Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
2. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
3. How does Momo escape enslavement in Chapter 5?
4. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
5. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
6. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
7. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
9. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
10. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the cultural, linguistic, and ethnic differences that Momo encounters along her journey into India. What language barriers does Momo face outside of Tibet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the origins and history of Tibetan Buddhism and its role in Daughter of the Mountains. How is the theme of religion exemplified in the novel?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)