|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Lady Paton insist on keeping Pempa for the time being in Chapter 8?
2. Who does Momo find at the Chinese trading shop?
3. How does Momo respond to the news of Pempa having been sold in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
4. What does Momo hit when she falls after getting off the train?
5. Why is the woman of the house unable to catch up with Momo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
2. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
3. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
4. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
5. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
6. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
7. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
8. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
9. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
10. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the location and history of Gnatong. What led many men to die there? How does the narrator describe the area in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)