|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the gentleman described who greets Momo?
2. The gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 is supposedly the only __________ allowed in Tibet.
3. What do the guards at the palace tell Momo to do?
4. Whom does the Lady Paton send a letter to in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of the butler of the palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
2. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
4. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
5. Whom does Momo meet at the beginning of Chapter 6? What does he ask Momo?
6. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
7. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
8. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
9. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
10. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of symbolism, metaphor and simile in the narrative. How is Momo's entrapment in Chapter 4 symbolic? How does it relate to the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Momo and Tsu Foo. What similarities do the girls share? What differences? How do they each help one another in the narrative?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)