|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pempa do when he hears Momo in Chapter 8?
2. What does Momo cry out in the beginning of Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
3. What does Momo promise Big Dorje in return for money?
4. What had Momo never seen before Chapter 5, The Ten Traders and Tsu Foo?
5. How is the train which Momo boards along with the ten traders described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
2. How does Momo escape enslavement in Chapter 5?
3. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
4. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
5. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
6. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
7. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
8. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
9. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
10. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Momo and Tsu Foo. What similarities do the girls share? What differences? How do they each help one another in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)