|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gentleman who greets Momo tell her about her prayers?
2. Tsu Foo works as a _________.
3. What language do most of the people around Momo speak in Chapter 7?
4. What had Momo never seen before Chapter 5, The Ten Traders and Tsu Foo?
5. What is the color of Lady Paton's car in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
2. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
3. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
4. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
5. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
6. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
7. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
8. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
9. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
10. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Momo and Tsu Foo. What similarities do the girls share? What differences? How do they each help one another in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Define and identify the literary elements of exposition and rising action in plot structure. How do the events in Chapter 2 propel the plot forward?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)