|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the Chinese trading shop?
2. What does Lotus Blossom devise for Momo to take to the Military Secretary's home?
3. When did Tsu Foo's parents die?
4. Lady Paton and her husband refer to Lat Sahib as ____________.
5. How many guards stop Momo as she tries to enter the palace in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
2. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
3. Whom does Momo meet at the beginning of Chapter 6? What does he ask Momo?
4. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
5. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
6. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
7. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
8. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
9. How does Lady Paton respond to Momo's story in Chapter 8?
10. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the location and history of Gnatong. What led many men to die there? How does the narrator describe the area in the text?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)