|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momo do because she is so happy with Lady Paton's help?
2. What is the name of the woman of the house?
3. What does Momo trip over after finding the traders in Chapter 5?
4. How does Momo respond to the news of Pempa having been sold in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
5. What does Momo cut to free herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
2. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
3. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
4. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
5. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
6. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
7. How does Momo escape enslavement in Chapter 5?
8. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
9. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
10. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the origins and history of Tibetan Buddhism and its role in Daughter of the Mountains. How is the theme of religion exemplified in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the location of the giant staircase and the border from Tibet into India. How big was Kalimpong during this time? How steep are the mountains that Momo descends?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)