|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The owner of the Chinese trading shop tells Momo that the man with her dog went home _________.
2. What does the gentleman who greets Momo ask her?
3. Whom does Lady Paton ask to translate for Momo?
4. Where does Momo find her way to after the crowd disperses in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
5. How does Big Dorje leave in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does Momo encounter in entering the palace in Chapter 8?
2. How does Momo escape enslavement in Chapter 5?
3. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
4. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
5. How does Lady Paton intend to punish the thief of Pempa?
6. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
7. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
8. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
9. What happens to Momo after departing the train in Calcutta?
10. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What credibility did astrologers have in Momo's village and within her community? What role does astrology and superstition play in Tibetan Buddhist beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Momo's theological faith and how it compares and contrasts the beliefs of Momo's mother and father. How do Momo's mother and father differ in their view of God?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss the literary elements of objective and obstacle. What is the objective of Momo in the narrative? What obstacle does she face in attaining that objective in Chapter 4?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)