|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momo trip over after finding the traders in Chapter 5?
2. What almost hits Momo as she follows the traders in Chapter 5?
3. Wing Fong reveals that Pempa was sold to whom?
4. Whom does the Lady Paton send a letter to in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 5 how is the woman of the house described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
2. What does the British gentleman give Momo in Chapter 6?
3. What details do Wing Fong's children wrestle from him in Chapter 7?
4. Whom does Momo meet at the beginning of Chapter 6? What does he ask Momo?
5. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
6. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
7. What does Momo think of her surroundings during her first stop in Chapter 6? What does she see there?
8. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
9. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
10. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the locations, cultures, and people of Sedonchin and Lingtam. What conflicts does Momo face in Lingtam? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting at the beginning of Daughter of the Mountains. What is the name of Momo's village? How big is it? What time does the story take place in?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)