|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to that which is of or pertaining to the religion, law, or civilization of Islam?
2. Where does Momo find her way to after the crowd disperses in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
3. In Chapter 5 how is the woman of the house described?
4. What does Big Dorje tell Momo to keep an eye on when the train stops?
5. Which of the guards loses his patience with Momo in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
2. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
3. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
4. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
5. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. How is the balance of adventure and fortune in Momo's life portrayed in Chapter 6?
7. What does Lady Paton say of Pempa after hearing Momo's story? What letter does she send?
8. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
9. When does Wing Fong say the Lady had first requested a Lhasa Terrier? How much did she offer?
10. Describe Wing Fong's children. What do they think of Momo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of symbolism, metaphor and simile in the narrative. How is Momo's entrapment in Chapter 4 symbolic? How does it relate to the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and compare the characters of Tulsi, Little Dorje, and Big Dorje in the narrative. How do Big Dorje and Little Dorje differ in their approach to Momo?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Momo as the protagonist of the novel. What characteristics does Momo embody? How does she fit in with her community? How old is Momo in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)