|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Momo find at the Chinese trading shop?
2. Who is Tsu Foo's uncle?
3. What is Momo shocked by when she reaches Kalimpong?
4. Whom does the gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 know personally?
5. What refers to that which is of or pertaining to the religion, law, or civilization of Islam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
2. How does Momo get home at the end of the novel? What are her final thoughts?
3. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
4. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
5. Who appears after Momo is captured in Chapter 8? Who is asked to translate for Momo?
6. How does Tsu Foo assist Momo? What is her story?
7. Where is Momo traveling in Chapter 8? Who is with her?
8. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
9. What power does Lat Sahib hold in Tibet? How does Big Dorje feel about him?
10. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the city of Kalimpong and Momo's impressions of it. How populated was the city during the time in which the novel is set? How does it differ from Momo's native Tibet?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the location, geography, and climate of the Great Trade Route, the mountain Jelep La, and the region of Sikkhim. What obstacles does Momo face along her path?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and compare the characters of Tulsi, Little Dorje, and Big Dorje in the narrative. How do Big Dorje and Little Dorje differ in their approach to Momo?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)