|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Momo find her way to after the crowd disperses in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
2. Whom does the gentleman who helps Momo in Chapter 6 know personally?
3. What powerful river does Gopal show Momo?
4. Where does Wing Fong say the seller of Pempa returned in Chapter 7, Lotus Blossom's Plan?
5. The owner of the Chinese trading shop tells Momo that the man with her dog went home _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momo marvel at in Kapimpong? Who does she hope to find there?
2. Where does Momo go after escaping the house of Rhenok? What does she see there?
3. What does Momo find in the trading shop of Wing Fong? What does she learn of Pempa from him?
4. What does Momo learn about the British gentleman from Big Dorje?
5. What happens when Momo finds Big Dorje in Chapter 5?
6. Where is Momo at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. Whom does Momo encounter by the house with the traders in Chapter 5?
8. Whom does Momo relate her story to after spending the night in the palace? What does she claim guided her journey?
9. Who loses patience with Momo in Chapter 8? What does Momo do?
10. Where is Momo in the beginning of Chapter 7? Where does she go for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Dolma in the narrative. How did Momo come to the house of Rhenok? Why is Dolma holding Momo captive?
Essay Topic 2
Define and identify the literary elements of exposition and rising action in plot structure. How do the events in Chapter 2 propel the plot forward?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of determination and will in Daughter of the Mountain. How does theme differ from subject in a literary work? How is the theme of determination embodied in the text?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)